Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Decided to buy a Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:02 PM
coffen303

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decided to buy a Z

Havent yet, but i thought i would tell my story so you can all tell me what a epic piece of crap i have. Anyways hopefully sometime in the next few weeks i'll be getting a used z, but the point is, im upgrading...from what? the AWESOME rx8

I used to have a FD rx7. I loved the car, I mean, most ppl do that have that car, but After having it for a few years the rx8 came out, and after rebuilding the engine a few times i figured why not.

I knew what i was getting into, i knew it wouldn't have as much power, but damn. It seems like everything i tried with that car, it just was never enough for me.

Dont get me wrong the rx8 did have it's advantages, yea everyone always brings up the handling argument, and yeah, stock it has amazing handling, but nothing a set of springs and sway bars on a z cant keep up with.

But I like to look back fondly even on things i can not stand. So here goes...i'll try to piece some good out of it.

The rx8 had a great back seat, there was always plenty of room back there, but i never really needed it. The redline was alot of fun, revving past 9.5k and watching a flame shoot out as you passed someone in a prius...since thats all i could pass.

No in all honesty right now as the car is, it's not that slow. Prob with the 65 shot thats on it i can keep up with a stock z if not pull away slightly...the z being a auto of course.

But i finally decided it's time to move on. I got my old itch back for more power, and i just could not justify spending 8 grand to get up to what....300 rwhp? whats the point.

So for the z my goal is somewhere upwards of 600. that should get rid of my itch....for a few months.

Anyways this is me introducing myself and telling my story. HI ALL!
Old 09-06-2009, 09:33 PM
TheFarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool story and welcome. Hope you find a decent Z.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:07 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome. Its not done until the keys are in your hand.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:51 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You should enjoy the move over to the Z and RWD and more torque. 600hp at the shoes, won't be cheap to achieve. But will be fun.