Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Trying to Decide Which to Buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 05:22 PM
BossQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to Decide Which to Buy

Okay, so I'm fresh out of college with a good paying job. Im ready to get something that is gonna take some payments but Im really back and forth.

At first I wanted a G35, then realized I could afford a G37 (2009/10)...

After a few weeks, I started looking at the 350Z Roadsters and I think Ive found what i want. The trunk space and practicality isnt my biggest concern, because Im also currently building a 2000 Q45. I feel like it would be nice to have a drop top then keep the mods simple and make a reliable, fun, daily driver.

Can anyone tell me common problems or just in general convince me why I want one? Im on the fence between it and a G37/G37 mostly because Im hearing horror stories about maintaining the top and according to some people, theres a gang of blade wielding people that run around and slice peoples tops open to steal everything inside

Also, can anyone point me to the best one to buy? I like the HR motor from the 2007 because not only do the dual intakes look awesome, I think it had the highest output before the 370Z came out? Anything I should worry about with older models because I have found some really good deals on the 2005s or so.. Preferably I want the ventilated seats, Brembo brakes, and I guess thats all I should look for..?

Thanks everyone in advance for the help!

Btw, Im also leaning towards the 350 because I used to have an 04 Maxima and I miss the way the VQ sounds at open throttle
Old 07-25-2012, 06:09 PM
(ZzzzzZ)

i personally don't like the look of roadsters. I would go for the g37, or a 370, then a couple hr 350z in that order
Old 07-26-2012, 01:44 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too don't like roadsters...the look,that is.
Your concern on theft/top split open is a real one.
I live near Atlanta.Out of college...you must be early 20's.
Go out,live in apt complex?There is a risk on soft tops.
Whats your budget?A g may be best for you.OEM,a g does not have
that VQ sound(baffles etc).There are alot of Z's in your area.
Sounds as though you could find what you want.Also,you have one
of the best Z vendors/service there,Z1 Motorsports(Carrolton).
Good luck.Keep us informed.I may run into you in the ATL!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:07 AM
BossQ

Yea I live in Atlanta but Im staying with my parents at their house at the moment.. Im saving money so when I move out I can move straight into a townhome or house, something I can own, rather than paying rent.

"So if youre saving why are you taking on a car note?" Ive heard that many times and the answer is because A) My Q is costing enough in maintenance that its worth buying something more reliable with a note (The Q has 280k miles) and B) My girlfriend is in Law School for the next 3 years so its not like she would be staying with me anyway.

However, when I do move out I will be moving somewhere with a garage because I am trying to get my detailing business restarted as a weekend job and a garage would def be necessary.

And yes, there are tons of Zs in my area, part of the reason I started looking at them. A g37 with 60k miles costs about the same as a Roadster with 30k. As far as the looks, I think the Roadsters look good but it does take much more effort when adding aftermarket parts before it looks ricey.