Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

hello everyone new owner!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 01:34 AM
raysoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello everyone new owner!

hello everyone i'm new to the forum and through excessive research i have finally come to own a Z! ( used of course )

i have a couple of questions... like what are the things that are your average (maintenance) I am already going to do oil, tranny flush, spark plugs, and I'd like to flush my coolant but i'm uncertain how (ive already searched and it looks quite difficult). the car has 123k miles but it has a seriously strong tranny and clutch (unheard of for 2003's apparently) but it does! im young but not going to abuse just wanted to get some peoples 2 cents on how to uphold this car.

Thanks !
-Ray
Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 AM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on the z! Post some pictures up
Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!
Post some pics.
Also,some info:what model/color?Is it stock?If not,what mods on the car?
Z's in general are pretty tough.The miles on your car are easonable for a 03.
If the clutch is in good condition,this may indicate that the previous owner/owners
drove the car sensibly.There are forum members with over 200k on their Z's with the same clutch.Do you have any service records?If not,how do you know that items like
a clutch have not been replaced.Also,things like tranny oil,coolant may have already been done.I would look at the belts.One would think those would have been long replaced.Get the battery checked too.Another thing,IMO,too many new owners are quick to replace shocks?bushings etc just because they think its "the right thing to do".
Better to have all these and other components checked out before you start throwing your money at parts.The money saved may allow you to buy some new wheels or tires!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:02 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome and congrats
Old 08-21-2012, 10:55 PM
raysoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCITY
Welcome!
Post some pics.
Also,some info:what model/color?Is it stock?If not,what mods on the car?
Z's in general are pretty tough.The miles on your car are easonable for a 03.
If the clutch is in good condition,this may indicate that the previous owner/owners
drove the car sensibly.There are forum members with over 200k on their Z's with the same clutch.Do you have any service records?If not,how do you know that items like
a clutch have not been replaced.Also,things like tranny oil,coolant may have already been done.I would look at the belts.One would think those would have been long replaced.Get the battery checked too.Another thing,IMO,too many new owners are quick to replace shocks?bushings etc just because they think its "the right thing to do".
Better to have all these and other components checked out before you start throwing your money at parts.The money saved may allow you to buy some new wheels or tires!
hello sorry today was a long day i put left my car at my friends shop for some maintenance (tranny flush,oil, spark plugs,etc. as im really trying to keep this car as clean and reliable)
as for model im not quite sure but it is a black 2003 mainly stock (except i found out today he might've had a system and removed it because my right speaker went out as i was driving as for the tranny i learned from excessive research from my350z and you guys enough to understand the tranny synchro grind and oil consumptions.. so on to my own description as this will be long

I believe he gave me tein coils im not sure possibly the flex which are actually pretty cool as it came with edfc besdies that its all pretty stock. The motor so far is pretty strong no grinds as stated, able to move the car in 6th gear from dead stop (didn't want to do this more then twice to figure that one out) clutch might've been replaced is it is seriously stiff and found out today that it goes creak as you disengage <--- one of my bigger questions anyways besides that i'm uncertain what else to check the motor was cleaned prior to buy but the exterior is extremely dirty so i havent quite watched it but the belts and the motor in general looks new (might be sketchy) uncertain as of lately bottom line is.

do you guys know if i can test the health of my car in any other way?

also he was an adult man with 2 kids so i dont believe he constantly drove it irresponsibly but once in a while mightve had some fun ( dont blame him ) as i love the car