Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Finally back in a Z after I sold my 03 Base. (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh my this thread got derailed pretty quick. OP congrats on your new nismo. hopefully whatever you choose to do to your car this time around does not make it stick out like a sore thumb but rather blends in with the ever changing import community trends while still exhibiting your own personal taste and unique style.

case in point, the black nismo that was posted earlier is a perfect example of a nicely built Z. there are other fine examples of clean nismos on this site so i urge you to continue browsing around for inspiration. whatever color you choose make it one tone, avoid headlight paint, and concentrate on a clean wheel setup and fitment as that is heavily focused upon by car tuners nowadays. simple and clean as well as less is more are the names of the game. good luck
Old 11-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Han350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSMotoring

oh my this thread got derailed pretty quick. OP congrats on your new nismo. hopefully whatever you choose to do to your car this time around does not make it stick out like a sore thumb but rather blends in with the ever changing import community trends while still exhibiting your own personal taste and unique style.

case in point, the black nismo that was posted earlier is a perfect example of a nicely built Z. there are other fine examples of clean nismos on this site so i urge you to continue browsing around for inspiration. whatever color you choose make it one tone, avoid headlight paint, and concentrate on a clean wheel setup and fitment as that is heavily focused upon by car tuners nowadays. simple and clean as well as less is more are the names of the game. good luck
Thanks I appreciate that.

Can anyone suggest some Wheel Companies that make sleek in design.
Is painted a bad thing?

I don't want a lot of chrome.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Jgrizzle

define sleek as it pertains to wheels...
Old 11-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Han350z

Skinny spokes something sexy-nothing with more then 6 spokes I want more negative space then rim filling the space

Last edited by Han350z; 11-16-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Shin Beats

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Smh..
Old 11-16-2012, 12:52 PM
michaelmoon912

Originally Posted by jblz
So that's how you roll, huh? Ride everyone's coattails until you know it's safe, and then jump in when OP is on the defensive, sucker punch him a couple of times, and then get out.

You know man, OP may have absolutely terrible taste in modding, but at least he's standing his ground, against an crowd, with his chin up. I'd go drink a beer with him any day of the week over someone who does nothing more than kick people when they're down just to fit in or look cool.

Most of the other posts, while harsh, are establishing a pattern of opinion where hopefully OP will take a hint when looking to mod his new car. Your post...just made me pity you. Welcome to the forum.

OP: Follow the example of that black Nismo that's been posted. Keep it simple man.
no not really.. ive been flaming the op since page 1. ive been lurking since i was old enough to drive so about 2007, ive seen plenty of cars come and go (good and bad.) just hoping i can flame the guy hard enough so he doesn't ruin one of the best looking z's ever made. if you dont like it, ignore me. thanks for the welcome and your pity though. You are e-hero level 1.

Maybe OP learned form his past mistakes, maybe not.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Han350z

Originally Posted by michaelmoon912
no not really.. ive been flaming the op since page 1. ive been lurking since i was old enough to drive so about 2007, ive seen plenty of cars come and go (good and bad.) just hoping i can flame the guy hard enough so he doesn't ruin one of the best looking z's ever made. if you dont like it, ignore me. thanks for the welcome and your pity though. You are e-hero level 1.

Maybe OP learned form his past mistakes, maybe not.
Nope I am turning it into a Domestic Drift Car with a Corvette Front end and a LS1 Swap!!!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:21 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread made me lol but in the end its your Z and only you need to care about what it looks like and if your happy...great.Do not *** up the nismo alright enough said.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:24 PM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol let him know gramps ^^^^^^ LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Han350z

Originally Posted by superchargedg
This thread made me lol but in the end its your Z and only you need to care about what it looks like and if your happy...great.Do not *** up the nismo alright enough said.
Thx
Old 11-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.360forged.com/
Old 11-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Bruno350z

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
This mod has gotten me so much attention. I recently won the Mid Atlantic's best bumper car award. Its a very high honor and I spent a lot of time on it. Please oh please dont make fun it. Im really hoping women will come see me because of it.
Please for the love of whatever god you believe in fix your bumper My car is a daily and I wouldn't be able to live with it in that condition lol

OP I'm only being honest, your 03' base looked like $hit. Only because of your headlights, front bumper, rims and the black top. Brickyard is so sexy why change it
Anyways, congrats on your Nismo
May I suggest these rims

Look sexy all around, I would have got them but the price of 2 rims cost more then all 4 of my rims lol
Then drop it and work on suspension. All that needs to be done to the car IMO
Goodluck lol
Old 11-23-2012, 04:50 PM
nextcore

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The base 03 isn't my taste and seeing you're from NC it doesn't really surprise me that you modded it that way. I went to college in NC for a while and from what i saw.. a lot of people's taste in modding cars out there is very similar to your previous Z.

Technically.. the Nismo is modded straight from the factory, a beauty that turns heads anyways.. My Advice would be to keep it simple and try stay away from the over done paint-jobs, crazy body kits (why would you change the one it has already??!) and gaudy flashy chrome rims. The nismo 350z is a sporty aggressive car and it should stay looking that way. If you're planning mod it the same way you did with your 03.. why not get another base model?

But hey to each his own.. In the end it's your money and you spend it how you want. If you come here seeking the approval or advice from other members here.. they will voice their opinions.

Hope you have a blast with your new Z