Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

my new z, RIPPN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:29 PM
rippn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my new z, RIPPN!!!

Hey, I have an 03 6sp, supercharged, tokico d-specs.

I want to add wheels and a bbk and maybe upgrade coilovers. I am looking for spoked matte black wheel, big lip, 19" 9.5 front, 11 rear, flush look, not streched, I know I need to roll the rear fenders but not sure if I have to pull them or not to fit the 11 with a 305? I am thinking 265/30 front and 305/30 rear.

The other changes I need to make are the rubber striping on the windshield and the rear window, its dried out and cracked, not sure where to get that at?

Also, the oil pressure gauge seems to be messed up, the needle will go to the max, then if I tap it, it will go back to normal so Im thinking its the gauge itself... any recommendations for gauges?

Thanks beforehand for everyone's advice.

Last edited by rippn; 02-10-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 12-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Suwaidi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a) Welcome!

b) Brakes depend on your needs. Track? OEM Brembo, Stoptech, etc / Average priced for looks? Akebono. Otherwise, pads+fluid+rotors = daily driver

c) You can check out courtesyparts or nissanpartzone for OEM parts - Dealers sometimes add a premium for ordering directly from them.

d) When you turn the key to accessory position (without turning on the car), is the gauge maxed out? If so, it's your sending unit ($70ish replacement). Otherwise, could be your gauge.

Welcome once again!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:24 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats and welcome
Old 12-08-2012, 10:37 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

congrats on the ride. was in bozeman montana on vacation for a couple weeks and can probably have counted on one hand how many sports cars i saw that entire time...yeah...all trucks and suv
nice state though. loved it...will be back soon.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:48 AM
shyun1250

By matte black with red lip, I believe you are referring to the TE37 time attacks.
If so, you may be a bit out of luck, they were a limited edition wheel and are now gone.
On the bright side, there are still a ton still floating around in the Z/G fitment. Just make sure to find one that's has been well taken care of.

Their is also a TE37 dedicated thread if you haven't checked it out yet.
Just search the term and it should appear.

Hope this helps, and Welcome to the community.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 PM
rippn

Thanks all!

Originally Posted by Suwaidi
d) When you turn the key to accessory position (without turning on the car), is the gauge maxed out? If so, it's your sending unit ($70ish replacement). Otherwise, could be your gauge.
No, the gauge doesn't max out when I turn to the accessory position, it will randomly hit max and only goes down if I tap it, it will them sometimes go to max again... I'm thinking its the gauge itself? Any recommendations for gauges, one with more detailed readouts would be cool.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Suwaidi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can find use gauge clusters for sale in the interior section. Since you have to tap it to fix it I'd assume its the gauge, otherwise you can test by plugging in an analog gauge to the sending unit located near the filter.