New Owners Welcome to the Family!

A First-time Owner of a Z33

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM
POS VETT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A First-time Owner of a Z33

Greetings !

My wife and I bought an '8 Enthusiast Coupe five days ago. It's a Carbon Silver with black interior and manual transmission. The car came with a rather fancy Kenwood double-DIN head unit with GPS navigation.

As with my other vehicles, the Z was "modified" right away along with overdue thorough cleaning of interior and exterior. First wave was to remove engine beauty cover and spare tire, then the clutch-starter interlock switch was bypassed. If the car had come with OnStar, satellite radio, or DRL, I would have attempted to bypass or disable them.

Over the next few days after the purchase, HomeLink was programmed, a few interior things adjusted/calibrated to our liking, WaterWetter was added, Hotchkis anti-sway bars were acquired (not installed yet), and 15% window tint was installed. I was tempted by a used set of double-adjustable Koni dampers valved by TC Kline for a little over half the price when new; seller claimed under 100 miles of driving. I also came across two GTSpec braces for sale; supposedly near new, never installed 4-point mid and front braces.

For next week (Friday), paint correction and custom clear bra installation is scheduled. Julius Poa will perform the duties; he has also done the same to some of my other cars.

Right now, I'm considering getting a set of 19x10 Nismo LMZ5 (surprisingly inexpensive) to replace the stock 18" wheels which likely will be for sale soon. As with my other cars, the Z is also getting a set of "fashion" wheels. We haven't picked a wheel, but I've been scouring the internet looking for an affordable set.

Pictures are below. First three were taken before window tint; the rest were after. Hope to learn more from this forum !

Safe in the garage for the moment.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome to the forum and yes you'll learn a phenominal amount from the this forum.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:04 AM
POS VETT

Thanks !
Old 04-26-2013, 04:11 AM
MB33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:39 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!

Is that FC yours? If so what is done to it?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:32 AM
POS VETT

The FC's are not mine; they are owned by a buddy of mine. The red coupe is going in the direction of a race car; it has a few mods (Turbo 2 brakes, Turbo 2 wheels, Turbo 2 torsen diff, BC Racing coilover, welded sunroof, and half-stripped interior). The white convertible is for parts; a few things including hood will be going to the coupe.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by POS VETT
The FC's are not mine; they are owned by a buddy of mine. The red coupe is going in the direction of a race car; it has a few mods (Turbo 2 brakes, Turbo 2 wheels, Turbo 2 torsen diff, BC Racing coilover, welded sunroof, and half-stripped interior). The white convertible is for parts; a few things including hood will be going to the coupe.
Nice! Good to see people still playing with FC's!

Congrats on your HR Z man!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 AM
POS VETT

Yep, people do still play with FC's. He's teased a lot about the rotary engine among our auto-enthusiast friends; something about torque.

Thanks for warm welcome !