Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New owner and member, 2008 350Z, pearl white

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 04:33 PM
miksa350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New owner and member, 2008 350Z, pearl white

Hey all, first I wanted to say thank you as I have used this site heavily while I was looking to purchase my first 350Z. I was able to find all the information I needed and bought my Z with confidence (yup I know how to use the search function ). I just picked it up yesterday and I love this car. It's a 2008 base model, pearl white (they called it Pike's Peak White?) with 61,000 miles. It was driven by an older individual and it is mint I don't think I could have been any luckier. These cars are truly amazing, Nissan built a thing of beauty. The only pictures I have right now are from the dealer, I am detailing it today but I have a lot of plans for it. I really wanted the base model as I didn't want the extras from the other trims. I plan on doing some moderate work to it, like the LSD I'm probably going with a Quaife. The only thing I wish I had were the Brembo brakes but I will be putting those on soon enough. I wanted to keep it simple, I'm still debating if I really want the leather power seats due to weight and well the Texas sun destroys leather. But other than that I just really have been enjoying this awesome machine. I seriously couldn't be happier, I have been wanting to purchase a 350z for a long, long time. I look forward to being part of the community.

Last edited by miksa350z; 08-06-2015 at 04:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
350zchad (08-07-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 04:35 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Congratulations. Nice looking Z.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:05 PM
chari
Banned

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome and congrats
Beautiful looking Z. I have an 06 Z base model too but the last owner added some bells and whistles on it so it's all good.
Attached Thumbnails New owner and member, 2008 350Z, pearl white-image.jpg  
Old 08-06-2015, 05:16 PM
PP08HR

Received 96 Likes on 65 Posts

Great choice! Great color. Looks like mine. I just picked this up a few weeks ago with 52k miles. I looked for and was patient for years until I came across her!

And jeeze the more I drive the more I enjoy it.

Last edited by PP08HR; 08-06-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:13 PM
miksa350z

Wow that's beautiful PP08HR, mines not as clean as yours but it was by far the cleanest one I could find in my area. I picked it up for $13,600 which felt like a good price. I didn't really look for white when I started searching, black and silver mostly but when I saw this in person it had to be this pearl white. Thanks for your comments guys, I look forward to many years with this car, and some fun mods in the near future. I managed to detail it a little and now I have my own pictures, had to take it for a drive just now:

Last edited by miksa350z; 08-06-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:23 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Welcome! Definitely picked the right color. Once you go white. .

Name:  20150621_141640_zpsngpn66o4.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  268.5 KB
The following 2 users liked this post by nizmo_0385:
350zchad (08-07-2015), PP08HR (08-06-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 09:57 PM
miksa350z

Awesome nismo, looks amazing. I really like the nismo aero, looks so good.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:35 AM
bith8791

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome.
Great looking Pikes Peak White z!
Old 08-07-2015, 03:39 PM
miksa350z

Thanks bith! I appreciate it. Funny story, I was out so late last night cruising and a cop stopped with me at 711... I was a little nervous. He just wanted to talk about the car lol, fellow Z owner. That's never happened before, lots of loyal fans. Now I'm looking to do some mods, basic stuff like intake, exhaust, suspension but I was also looking at headers. I'm looking to get around 50hp, N/A. Can 50hp be achieved with such mods? I was looking at a few sites, they advertised Stillen intakes getting about 10rwhp is that true? I'm not used to getting power gains like that from the cars I drove. Also I heard headers are a pain to install, are they worth it? For the headers I would probably have them installed for me but according to the site they get a decent power gain. I just want a bit more power for right now, I live in Texas and I'm surrounded by Camaro''s and Challenger's. I'm not ready to invest in turbo or supercharger yet, but I wouldn't mind a few extra hp. I have an uprev shop in Austin, would 50+ hp be a reality with such mods and tuning?
Old 08-07-2015, 09:45 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Welcome and congratulations! Definitely miss my PPW -- enjoy.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:28 AM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by miksa350z
Thanks bith! I appreciate it. Funny story, I was out so late last night cruising and a cop stopped with me at 711... I was a little nervous. He just wanted to talk about the car lol, fellow Z owner. That's never happened before, lots of loyal fans. Now I'm looking to do some mods, basic stuff like intake, exhaust, suspension but I was also looking at headers. I'm looking to get around 50hp, N/A. Can 50hp be achieved with such mods? I was looking at a few sites, they advertised Stillen intakes getting about 10rwhp is that true? I'm not used to getting power gains like that from the cars I drove. Also I heard headers are a pain to install, are they worth it? For the headers I would probably have them installed for me but according to the site they get a decent power gain. I just want a bit more power for right now, I live in Texas and I'm surrounded by Camaro''s and Challenger's. I'm not ready to invest in turbo or supercharger yet, but I wouldn't mind a few extra hp. I have an uprev shop in Austin, would 50+ hp be a reality with such mods and tuning?
Welcome to the Z world, and the world of PPW!!!!

Don't waste your time with headers. IF you do get headers, get PPE long tubes. I think from ALL the mods (intake, long tubes, exhaust, tune) you could get 50HP, but that's going to be literally THOUSANDS of dollars. The HRs aren't really receptive to mods in that sense. I bought a GReddy catback to make mine purr a bit louder and that's all I expected. If I bumped up a couple notches on the butt dyno-great.

I bought my Z with JWT Pop chargers on it and after I had the GReddy on I had it dynoed on a (I believe) mustang dyno. It came up with 276 rwhp and 248 torques. Forget about the Camaros and Challengers and just killem in the curves.

Enjoy the car in stock form first. I PROMISE you will miss the simplicity one day (even if it is for ONE DAY)

My Z for reference (redwheelgangwithnizmo0385):
Attached Thumbnails New owner and member, 2008 350Z, pearl white-img_20150321_120837.jpg  
Old 08-08-2015, 05:51 AM
StevSam

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

Hello!! Congratulations on your purchase and welcome!!
Old 08-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Welcome! I am a sucker for white, unfortunately, I found too good of a deal on the opposite color that I could not pass up!
Old 08-12-2015, 09:39 AM
miksa350z

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
Welcome to the Z world, and the world of PPW!!!!

Don't waste your time with headers. IF you do get headers, get PPE long tubes. I think from ALL the mods (intake, long tubes, exhaust, tune) you could get 50HP, but that's going to be literally THOUSANDS of dollars. The HRs aren't really receptive to mods in that sense. I bought a GReddy catback to make mine purr a bit louder and that's all I expected. If I bumped up a couple notches on the butt dyno-great.

I bought my Z with JWT Pop chargers on it and after I had the GReddy on I had it dynoed on a (I believe) mustang dyno. It came up with 276 rwhp and 248 torques. Forget about the Camaros and Challengers and just killem in the curves.

Enjoy the car in stock form first. I PROMISE you will miss the simplicity one day (even if it is for ONE DAY)

My Z for reference (redwheelgangwithnizmo0385):

It's really funny you say that, I was just cruising around the other day after work and I literally had that thought. How awesome the car is just the way it is. The only car I really appreciated like that was my '91 BMW e30 M3. I do want a little more tone from the exhaust, but I just love the sound of the engine. I live outside of Austin in the "hill country" and right off this small highway called 1431. Man I'll tell you it's one HELL of a drive. it's just miles and miles of tight curves, long corners, up and down hill. I took it out the other night and that's where the car seemed to really feel at home. I used to race a long time ago (money was a factor lol). So I was really pushing it, right on the edge (there are never any cops down here). Even if I managed to get the rear end loose you still have total control of the car. You drive the car the car doesn't drive you. Man I've really fallen for this machine. I think I'll take you up on the advice and just enjoy the way she sits for a while, it's still a damn powerful car and even the stock suspension affords me lots of fun.

Originally Posted by Pengu
Welcome! I am a sucker for white, unfortunately, I found too good of a deal on the opposite color that I could not pass up!

I don't blame you, that's how I ended up with the PPW, it was just too good of a deal and I couldn't be happier. And again thanks all for the welcome.

It's funny, I was remembering the days when I owned my M3's. I sold my E30 M3 for 15k back in the day and now I am kicking myself. Even with 100k miles those cars are selling for a minimum of $30,000 in decent condition. If they are mint they sell anywhere from 60-100k. I also used to own a 1991 BMW 318is, that too is really climbing in values. Do you guys think these 350z's some day will be a collector's item? If only I knew what I know now, I would have kept that E30 M3 (it was so expensive to maintain) and would be sitting on a gold mine. So I have honestly been thinking about finding another 350, very low miles, and just park it in my garage while I drive the heck out of this one. What do you guys think about a future collector car?
Old 08-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Not sure, honestly, I doubt it the Z keeps declining in price where young kids can afford them and rice the sh*t out of them. Maybe after a while when all the rice boxes are destroyed from thanksgiving drifts, and banks claiming their repossessed vehicles, prices will increase again.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:22 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

OP Congrats on the Z!

I also have a base 08, and regarding your first post mentioning the LSD and brakes, this is my opinion based off of my experience.

I put in a VLSD about 2 years ago, and all I can say is that I wish I did it right when I got the car. It really changes the car. Of course if you want to spend the money and get an aftermarket go right ahead, but even the VLSD is a huge upgrade to the open diff.

Now the brakes. I just put the Akebono BBK, and I love them! With that being said, the OEM HR brakes are more than capable brakes. I only did them because I had mentioned I wanted them and my wife surprised me with them for my birthday.

Enjoy the car! You definitely will. The Z is like a drug, you will be addicted.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:31 PM
miksa350z

Originally Posted by Pengu
Not sure, honestly, I doubt it the Z keeps declining in price where young kids can afford them and rice the sh*t out of them. Maybe after a while when all the rice boxes are destroyed from thanksgiving drifts, and banks claiming their repossessed vehicles, prices will increase again.
While I tend to agree, that was my exact thought with my e30, they dropped so low in price, you could buy one for $9000 a while back. But my loss has me wondering. Through the years there were 148,000 for the 350 made, and the ones left on the road grow smaller each year. They produced something like 10,377 of the '08 350z. 13 years from now when they are a classic, there could be far less on the road. The thing with cars are they are all a gamble, and it depends on desirability would someone want one 13 years from now? It was more food for thought. I know I'm going to keep this car for some time, heck I've even been looking g at purchasing a 370 now, I'm totally addicted to these cars now.