Old 01-07-2016, 06:31 PM
chatcher

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

WOW
Old 01-07-2016, 06:35 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by importdude
listen i honestly read your anwser and many others besides yourself commented and your the only person whos anwser had nothing to do with the topic after your third post
Has everything to do with the topic.... you asked what you should do and where you should start, and for the 5th time... driving school and suspensions. START THERE. And re read what EVERYONE else told you, they said the SAME THING.

Bolt on and tunes will net you LITTLE power gain and a WASTE of money. You want 400whp, start with your sispension, then boost it down the road WHEN YOU HAVE MONEY.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:40 PM
importdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turboed350z
Has everything to do with the topic.... you asked what you should do and where you should start, and for the 5th time... driving school and suspensions. START THERE. And re read what EVERYONE else told you, they said the SAME THING.

Bolt on and tunes will net you LITTLE power gain and a WASTE of money. You want 400whp, start with your sispension, then boost it down the road WHEN YOU HAVE MONEY.
Dude ok i understand everything in this post is everyones opinion ok unless you have anyother suggestion please stop posting
Old 01-07-2016, 06:47 PM
turboed350z

If all youre after is fast straight line speed for cheap, sell the car and pick up an american v8.

Ive been there, done it, american cars like the mustang will be faster for cheaper. Parts are cheaper. And responds quite well to mod.

The 350z/g35 was built as a sport car to tackle the back wood twists and turns, it wasnt meant to be a fast 1/4 car.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:48 PM
importdude

If all youre after is fast straight line speed for cheap, sell the car and pick up an american v8.

Ive been there, done it, american cars like the mustang will be faster for cheaper. Parts are cheaper. And responds quite well to mod.

The 350z/g35 was built as a sport car to tackle the back wood twists and turns, it wasnt meant to be a fast 1/4 car.
IK but isnt that the fun in making it one
Old 01-07-2016, 06:53 PM
turboed350z

IK but isnt that the fun in making it one
Yes, but not without a price.

The vq35 comes from the factory, well built and tuned. Its pretty much max and have little wiggle room. Only serious power gain will come from boosting it. But thays big money.

3k in a 350z/g35 will ned you roughly 30hp if youre lucky.

While in an american v8, 3k is enough for a used super charger that is more than enough to put the power over the top.

Look at the drag racing section, members will 500whp are barely cracking 11s in the 1/4. And the have tens of thousands in their car.

In a v8, 500whp is essily achievable with around 10k and can easily get you mid 11s
Old 01-07-2016, 07:02 PM
AffyliatedZ

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Let me break it down you you for the 3rd time....

Focus on your suspension first, you WILL need it when you boost.

Secondly a GOOD used turbo kit is arounf 5k for a COMPLETE kit. That, and another 1k for clutch (500 if you want to cheap out) then you need tuning, guages, and various other crap (dont want to gonin full detail sonce that will be long winded and you should be doing your own research.)

When its all said and done, you will be around 10k in POWER mods alone. Then youll need good tires to lay the power down, thats another 500-1k+

And if you want to upgrade your rear end, your oil cooling system, interior and such, thats more money.

So again, my advice have been 100% useful, just not what you wanted to hear.
^this. Don't forget about an upgraded brake kit as well for obvious reasons.

importdude - take care of all the supporting mods first before you jump ship on a turbo kit. turboed350z is 100% correct in all his posts and he wasn't even trying to be a smart *** in this thread. I've seen worse.

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
travlee (01-08-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 07:04 PM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by AffyliatedZ
^this. Don't forget about an upgraded brake kit as well for obvious reasons.

importdude - take care of all the supporting mods first before you jump ship on a turbo kit. turboed350z is 100% correct in all his posts and he wasn't even trying to be a smart *** in this thread. I've seen worse.

Good luck.
surprised i havent been ban yet. haha
Old 01-07-2016, 07:12 PM
importdude

surprised i havent been ban yet. haha
Check your pm i did appolgize. btw my end result is to have a boosted 350z but my purpose in boosting it is for fun mostly i hardly doubt i will take it the the dragstrip

Last edited by importdude; 01-07-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:16 PM
turboed350z

Check your pm i did appolgize. btw my end result is to have a boosted 350z but my purpose in boosting it is for fun mostly i hardly doubt i will take it the the dragstrip
and i replied.

as far as the idea of upgrading brakes, unless you do hard driving with constant fast stopping, brakes arent a priority. the oem brembos runs around 1k+ for a fullk set.

with that said, plenty of members have had good luck with simply upgrading fluids and pads alone. so brakes are more of a later one mod.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:20 PM
importdude

and i replied.

as far as the idea of upgrading brakes, unless you do hard driving with constant fast stopping, brakes arent a priority. the oem brembos runs around 1k+ for a fullk set.

with that said, plenty of members have had good luck with simply upgrading fluids and pads alone. so brakes are more of a later one mod.
yes i actually got the brembo pads and rotors ik its not the calipers but i dont believe i will be going any faster than 110 which is the fastest ive gone
Old 01-07-2016, 07:21 PM
importdude

and i replied.

also whats your opinion on tein suspension and if you have another suggestion after what i should get if i chose to do so

Last edited by importdude; 01-07-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:32 PM
turboed350z

also whats your opinion on tein suspension and if you have another suggestion after what i should get if i chose to do so
that depends on what you want out of your suspensions.

some here are pure track monsters and will tell you that there are better out there.

while some of the showers and weekend modders will tell you, tein is a good brand and it will do what you need it to.

that is up to what YOU want out of it. overall, along with all mods, you get what you pay for. if youre on a budget, and just want drops, get budget coils or springs that was design for drops. if you want to track it, focus on track parts.

again, these things arent cheap. and cheap parts arent worth it at the end its up to what YOU want. personally, for the streets, i find that tein gets the job done.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:35 PM
importdude

that depends on what you want out of your suspensions.

some here are pure track monsters and will tell you that there are better out there.

while some of the showers and weekend modders will tell you, tein is a good brand and it will do what you need it to.

that is up to what YOU want out of it. overall, along with all mods, you get what you pay for. if youre on a budget, and just want drops, get budget coils or springs that was design for drops. if you want to track it, focus on track parts.

again, these things arent cheap. and cheap parts arent worth it at the end its up to what YOU want. personally, for the streets, i find that tein gets the job done.
Alright cause its staying on the streets for a while
Old 01-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Koolsilver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

turboed350z has given pretty solid advice already, I'm just gonna jump in on the question about coilovers. I've never personally used tein but from a good chunk of research I've done it seems that most coilovers in that price range (800-1500) are more or less the same, and some even made by the same manufacturer. Tein seems to be over priced for what you get as they are on the higher price point in that group but do not perform any better. If you want some budget coilovers I would definitely check out BC racing as they seem to be at this time some of the best bang for your buck running roughly 800-1000 depending where you get them. Now if you want to step up and spend 1600-2000 this does open up more options with better brands and what not but it doesn't sound like that's what your looking for.

The one thing about coilovers with our car is true coilovers vs oem style. Do some research into this and make a decision if you care which one you want to go with. From my own research I've found that performance wise there have been no solid conclusions made whether one is superior to the other; some people believe oem style may be more comfortable but there isn't any proof to this. What I believe is the biggest difference is the option of what you want to do with your toe adjustment. With oem style you have the option of spc bolts which get the job done but are prone to slipping and what not or you can spend a good chunk of money on spl's specially made mid-links. While true coiolvers you can also retain the stock spring bucket and use spc bolts again or you can remove the spring bucket and put on toe arms which are about 1/3 the cost of the mid-links spl makes.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:59 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...unt-turbo.html

You make the power....
Old 01-08-2016, 03:33 AM
Justin100

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

turdoed350z,

mod list:
http://www.mautofied.com/2004-Nissan...ing/100577372/

this guy with the black 04 350z, runs a APS TT Kit on stock internals, with a STOCK NISSAN SUSPENSION

stock suspension works fine for 400whp.

2007 350z running 500+ whp on the vq35hr engine greddy TT on stock internals. look at the mod list on youtube.

HES RUNNING JWT CLUTCH FLYWHEEL, AND STOCK SUSPENSION.

stock suspension can even work for 500 whp.

And you should NEVER tow the car to a tuner, you have ZERO idea if it even runs for the tune. Any half educated modder knows, you finish the build, to test drive it, break it in, THEN get it tune... but again, youre the same guy that asked how to install control arms, what do YOU know...
and no turdoed350z, when you install a turbo kit its mandatory to either get a tune or load a pre-tuned map right after the install, the reason being is the car is modified the factory fuel timing and certain other functions no longer apply. so if you drive it with your new turbo kit on without the tune you risk running into serious issues with your engine you can even blow up your engine within half a block.

Ask Chris Forsberg from Drift Garage his tuners they will verify this

.....now i understand why you spent 35k for 400whp lol......

mulletsnax has a greddy tt kit for sale on the forum right now.

3200 bucks includes utec and injectors and fuel pump and he has a map so you dont need to pay a tuner to tune your car if search the forums and learn to load utec on a laptop in your car and just load his preset map.

500 bucks for tools for DIY TT installation.

250-400 for jwt clutch and flywheel. can probably just reuse your flywheel and just buy the jwt clutch for 400 on ebay BRAND NEW.

3200 + 500 + 400 = 4,100 dollars assuming your going to do the entire install yourself.

turdoed350z, go home be a family guy.

Last edited by Justin100; 01-08-2016 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:37 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

Alright sure can you please stop posting now
and btw i did not personally ask for your opinion please go f u c k off
wow, you come to a public forum, ask for advice, receive some really good ones, and then tell the person to **** off and to stop posting.

ohlin...... but prepare your angus
Old 01-08-2016, 04:25 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by Justin100

turdoed350z,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8GV0JSYJ24

mod list:
http://www.mautofied.com/2004-Nissan...ing/100577372/

this guy with the black 04 350z, runs a APS TT Kit on stock internals, with a STOCK NISSAN SUSPENSION

stock suspension works fine for 400whp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ccZ3ES2lhc

2007 350z running 500+ whp on the vq35hr engine greddy TT on stock internals. look at the mod list on youtube.

HES RUNNING JWT CLUTCH FLYWHEEL, AND STOCK SUSPENSION.

stock suspension can even work for 500 whp.

and no turdoed350z, when you install a turbo kit its mandatory to either get a tune or load a pre-tuned map right after the install, the reason being is the car is modified the factory fuel timing and certain other functions no longer apply. so if you drive it with your new turbo kit on without the tune you risk running into serious issues with your engine you can even blow up your engine within half a block.

Ask Chris Forsberg from Drift Garage his tuners they will verify this

.....now i understand why you spent 35k for 400whp lol......

mulletsnax has a greddy tt kit for sale on the forum right now.

3200 bucks includes utec and injectors and fuel pump and he has a map so you dont need to pay a tuner to tune your car if search the forums and learn to load utec on a laptop in your car and just load his preset map.

500 bucks for tools for DIY TT installation.

250-400 for jwt clutch and flywheel. can probably just reuse your flywheel and just buy the jwt clutch for 400 on ebay BRAND NEW.

3200 + 500 + 400 = 4,100 dollars assuming your going to do the entire install yourself.

turdoed350z, go home be a family guy.

Smh... justing, do you need help installing an air intake too???

First of all, if you knew ANYTHING about cars, you would know that irs sucks at hooking up....

If you knew anything about 350z, you will know that it has irs...

I find it funny how you WANT to be an expert on this... yet you just asked for help on installing control arms....

Listen kid, theres paper numbers and real world numbers. Ask ANY experience member on here and they will tell you, suspension is a MUST on boosted cars and it is highly recommended on a stock car.

No go along and fix your crappy bumper.

Edit: as far as the 4.1k for a complete turbo set up. Wrong. You forgot to factor in gauges, forgot to factory in the EVERY CAR BEHAVES DIFFERENTLY TO MODS, there for, his map may work on your car, but that is NOT ideal.

You need a CUSTOME tune for you car. Otherwise EVERYONE would be sharing the same tune... but again, youre licking windows on the short bus..

Last edited by turboed350z; 01-08-2016 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:13 AM
lifekenophobic

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Turboed350z, how DARE you come in here and provide viable, intelligent advice. Take your sense somewhere else. We're dreamin' up in here!

The following 2 users liked this post by lifekenophobic:
dboyzalter (01-08-2016), Sleepiedaze (01-08-2016)

Quick Reply: New owner looking to make more power