Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

zwei_the_c's Introduction & New HR Z33 (+Photo Dump)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 09:46 PM
813_350Z

Received 318 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by zwei_the_c
They're the original OEM that's been fitted with sequential LED switchback that's also painted black. Shame on my part, should have bought black DEPO to do that. Additionally, the LED turns amber for turning signals and hazards on both sides.
Links to where you picked those up?
Old 02-04-2020, 11:35 PM
zwei_the_c

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by jhc
Love it. Another Mag Black Z33 goes FI/ "the dark side" haha!
No promises! But at the rate I'm going, it's inevitable.

Originally Posted by 813_350Z
Links to where you picked those up?
I don't know any links, I had a friend do it. Actually, there's a bunch of guys in SoCal on IG who "offers their service" to do such thing. However, if you want to do it through a site, I can link this one.
https://www.yuniqueled.com/products/...ts-labor-parts
Parts/Labor ran to $240 for black paint + LED strip.
Otherwise, you can watch a few DIY videos on YouTube.

Originally Posted by DarkZ03
Hood pins I don't mind as it's literally a safety item, I've been actively fighting a battle with my self as I would rather not drill into my expensive Varis hood, but as good quality as it may be it moves quite a bit more than I'd like on the highway. So I guess I will put some in this year. I guess that is a valid point to the QC on the bumper, I've done the opposite actually I replaced all my pop up clips with screws so my bumper takes quite a bit of work to take off lol.
That's a shame, I do plan on getting a MCR hood and I will be doing the same, no second-thoughts. Hope you the best! You have pictures of your Z with that hood?

Back to the thread:

Motive Power Bleeder 0117 came in to help the job, and came to visit the Mercedes Benz to buy some new AMG bleeder screws. Which were only in-stocked in high-scale areas with wealthier people. x2 bleeder for $25.

Let me tell you guys, if you feel that a clean Z is irrelevant, fear not. I caught a couple of people staring over at the Z with some interest. The salemen don't look too happy, which brought unnecessary competition/distractions.

Midnight Wash, also will make further progression update this weekend on the brakes.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:52 PM
DarkZ03

Received 490 Likes on 410 Posts

These are from last year, got CF door handles now and will have my wheels for this summer.
The following users liked this post:
zwei_the_c (02-06-2020)
Old 02-10-2020, 03:25 PM
zwei_the_c

UPDATE:

So weekend came, installed SS lines and AMG brakes in pair again. No leaks detected.

Spent a whole few hours bleeding the brake fluids with Motive Power Bleeder Black Label. I tried 2-people method first but yield poor results.
Now they grab the rotor hard with Motive.

Currently, because I've only done the front with BBK/SS lines. The rear are still OEM/Rubber lines, the brake pedal is in the mix of mushy and firm (down low) it's could be due to the mixing of the two. It is possible that there's air in the system somewhere. I've wondered if there's an easy way to remove air from the master brake revserior to be sure, blurbs a tiny bit when adding fluids.

This upcoming weekend, I will swap the rear OEM brakes to SS/BBK and hope that improves the pedal feel. The following business day, I will take the Z to Evasive Motorsport for a professional brake bleed once all BBK/SS are on.

The review of the AMG 8-POT is that they are a monster of a braking power. IF you are in need of raw stopping power, I recommend it, pair it with aggressive pads. I am using OEM Brembo Pads on the caliper. Had to cut expense somewhere to keep making progress, aggressive pads will go in once OEM pads wears down.

The following 3 users liked this post by zwei_the_c:
813_350Z (02-17-2020), BigBlue (02-10-2020), jhc (02-12-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 02:17 PM
zwei_the_c

I went to Simi Valley. Was about to help a gentleman help untune his G37 so I can buy off his UpRev cable... sadly, we ran into some issues so I was not able to buy it for now.

Meanwhile, I did buy an HR carbon fiber cover for the Z. Looks minty! I just need some other bits to help accommodate the look. I'd love to have some ARC coolant tank/catch can, Tit. burned hardwares, HKS oil cap (on the way; plan on powder-coating it from red to gun metal grey)

Any suggestion on what kind of sticker/emblem add-on I should apply to the cover? It looks really bare, I can feel it begging to be decorated. I am thinking of buying a Top Secret emblem (small) add-on, and apply it in the lower center part of the cover.

The emblem I was referring to.

Ordered HKS gloves, HKS oil cap (as mentioned) and an HKS x TONE 10mm rachtet key-ring tag. I'll always have an 10mm on me everywhere. Ha.

Zelduh (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 05:14 PM
Zelduh

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

I dig the cover!

On the 10mm, it's funny, I've had a 10mm gear wrench on my nightstand for a couple weeks & was thinking it was a good size for a keychain. Then this weekend I came across the HKS one you purchased. Let us know what you think when it arrives.
zwei_the_c (02-18-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 07:30 PM
DarkZ03

Nice, might have to get one of those and keep it in my HKS registration holder.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:59 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

I see you've been on conceptz
When i saw the parts i knew where you were getting them from then i saw the laptop to confirm lol
813_350Z (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 09:56 PM
813_350Z

That cover is a beaut! I just wish I had an HR since I prefer those covers over the DE. Now you just need to go CF crazy and get the CF battery and brake fluid covers and CF intake tubes, if they even make the for HR models.

Personally, I would remove the Nissan logo off the old cover and put it on the CF cover for an OEM look or just leave it bare. However, if I had to choose I am digging the blue TS emblem.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:15 PM
zwei_the_c

Originally Posted by 813_350Z
That cover is a beaut! I just wish I had an HR since I prefer those covers over the DE. Now you just need to go CF crazy and get the CF battery and brake fluid covers and CF intake tubes, if they even make the for HR models.

Personally, I would remove the Nissan logo off the old cover and put it on the CF cover for an OEM look or just leave it bare. However, if I had to choose I am digging the blue TS emblem.
I just made an order for the TS blue, last one and only stocked. What luck. As far as everything else, I don't think I'll dish out for CF battery/brake covers (might run into a good deal, who knows). I will be making an order for DEI gold tape for the intake piping. Save up for ARC coolant tank, then I'll swap over with my ARC caps. Engine bay dress up is not on high priority as I need to get around to finishing the interior (wheel, harnesses, K-harness bar, fire extinguisher) .

But honestly, if I had a DE engine, I'd go for: EVO-R Tit. burned harness cover, cosworth (polished; if price is "fair"), catch cans, ARC intake box.
The GTR intake manifold on the HR/VHR conversion looks sick, but it's so expensive for no real gain. Looks good though.

EDIT: Wait... CF intake piping? Interesting... I'll look into this...

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
I see you've been on conceptz
When i saw the parts i knew where you were getting them from then i saw the laptop to confirm lol
I had a good feeling I would regret it once it's all sold out, I'd advise everyone to do the same! However, I do need to slow down on the build, all the thing nice things is putting a toll my wallet right now. I'm supposed to be getting ready to fly out to Japan for my vacation soon; save money.

Originally Posted by DarkZ03
Nice, might have to get one of those and keep it in my HKS registration holder.
I'd like to get one of those HKS booklet. Just haven't brought myself around to spend $60 for one. lol
Does it fit in that chubby space between the driver / passenger in the back? You know, where you keep paper in.

Originally Posted by Zelduh
I dig the cover!

On the 10mm, it's funny, I've had a 10mm gear wrench on my nightstand for a couple weeks & was thinking it was a good size for a keychain. Then this weekend I came across the HKS one you purchased. Let us know what you think when it arrives.
Indeed! I am a big fan of HKS/Amuse, Esprit wings is up there, I will let you know. I don't expect to do anything crazy with it, but I can see some use out of it.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:27 PM
813_350Z

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/11-2961

Yes, they have CF intake tubing, for the DE at least. May not be worth it for some for such a small piece with minimal gain (may have SLIGHTLY lower intake temps due to less heat absorption) but can't beat the look.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:04 PM
rustyschopshop

dang you zwei....
spent half my day surfing nengun, now i need to rob a bank to make myself happy again lol
zwei_the_c (02-19-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 11:59 PM
DarkZ03

A lot of those things are discontinued, hard to get anything ARC for these cars now. I haven't checked fitment in anything other than the passenger side glove box. I'll check and let you know.
zwei_the_c (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 12:02 AM
DarkZ03

Cosworth is way too much cash for the gain IMO, I got a lot of expensive items but that is one thing I've never successfully talked myself into buying.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:05 PM
DarkZ03

Just reporting back, the only place the HKS registration book fits into is the glove box.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:04 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Awesome car. Well thought out.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:26 PM
zwei_the_c

Okay update time:

Last Top Secret emblem delivered from Japan. It came with Japanese candies and other goodies, but this is what I wanted. I have yet to receive any other shipment yet. All I gotten so far.

TS Emblem Applied on, along with ARC radiator cap. Switched out my Greddy cap for ARC. I'm going to start going for that sexy engine dress up now guys.

Now here's the sweat and grind starts, most people would probably never attempt this and give up for something else. I begin working the rear BBK. To start, you need an angle grinder and Dremel to start shaving away material on your rear hub spindle/knuckle area. As you can somewhat see here.

Carefully shaving away. material behind the top bracket, your caliper bolt will go through here on the backside. It's important!

Next, you will need to shave down your Brembo SRT WK2 4-POT caliper down to what you see for best fitment.

(*Noted; later learned for 100% pad coverage, you should also shave down the lope where the OEM caliper bolt would go to, top one, shave it down til' flushed with the bracket for 100% pad coverage, I have about 95% coverage)

Once the bracket is on, go ahead and TQ the bolts to 60 lb/ft IIRC. Throw rotor on.

I have a visitor, yes, he loves to scratch my paint. Fabulous, welcome to my hell.

This is the backside, once you're done swearing and getting angry at the constant cut and fit cycle. Thread in both caliper bolt in, TQ them to 92 lb/ft , I used a 19mm wrench to help thread it in, eventually got really tight where I first ever broke my cheap auto zone tool.

Finally, the nightmare ends.

Little guy passed out, goodnight buddy.

Took for a test drive, it's amazing. I am in love with the brake set-up, SS lines, Z1 Master Brace, 8-POT/4-POT Brembos, just need aggressive pads... haha

In response to the CF cover, I decided to wrap my intake piping in DEI gold tape, it's cheaper, effective and eye catchy. Took 3hrs for the first pass, 2.4hrs for the 2nd pass. So time-consuming.

HKS oil cap still hasn't arrived, and I am starting to what to do something about the coolant tank... should I wrap it in DEI gold tape? Does it make any sense? It looks ugly. If I had it my way, I would opt for ARC coolant tank, but that's too expensive. Also starting to wonder where I can find shiny cap for the Power Steering.... strut bar isn't the prettiest but I'm happy as is for it for now.

So far, my Z looks like this. Long journey from where I started at stock.....

Anyone have HKS IV SP coilover... I need size of shaft diameter and inner/outer springs for air cups.
The following 3 users liked this post by zwei_the_c:
bboypuertoroc (03-07-2020), jhc (03-06-2020), rustyschopshop (03-06-2020)
Old 03-06-2020, 09:34 PM
DarkZ03

Ztoyz for caps I think
Old 03-06-2020, 10:26 PM
813_350Z

What about wrapping the strut bar in the gold? Good contrast against the CF cover, but too much gold maybe?
Old 03-06-2020, 10:41 PM
rustyschopshop

wire tuck time

Quick Reply: zwei_the_c's Introduction & New HR Z33 (+Photo Dump)