Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New 350z 2006 after market headunit

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 02:45 AM
B4TMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 350z 2006 after market headunit

Hi guys recently got my self a 350z ! love it so far only complain is the stock head unit have been looking at a few ones from Pioneer AVH280BT and AVH295BT can you guy let me know if these will fit properly into the car i dont want there to be a huge gap if you can suggest me any other similar ones and maybe some photos of how they look installed would be much appreciated
Old 06-14-2017, 03:53 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

ANY double-DIN unit will fit fine, but you need a dash kit. Metra, Scosche, AI, etc. makes these kits, and you need to buy the one that matches your year car. It doesn't matter which headunit you have - the kit matches the car. Check out some YouTube vids on the install process before doing anything. Sounds like you haven't done this before. You also need a wiring harness adapter, and again, it matches the car, not the headunit. Buy from crutchfield.com and they'll set you up with everything, and provide lifetime support.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:52 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Also, the Pioneer head units won't sit flush with the dash kit bezels (it'll sit back a few millimeters.) If you want the screen flush, you simply need to drill a few holes in the mounting bracket to get it lined up properly. It's worth the extra effort to go with the Pioneer since they really do make decent audio systems.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:47 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Also, be aware that the face of the headunit if flat, while the face of the console is a complex curve, so various kits do a better or worse job of blending the two together. I had a kit from AI that was just awful, but the Metra is pretty good. Maybe you can see what I mean in this pic: