Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New (to me) 350z

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 11:05 AM
pa_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New (to me) 350z

Hello everyone! I recently found a 2004 350z Touring Edition convertible with some slight modifications. It is in wonderful shape with the exception of some slight paint chipping on the back of the trunk. I'm looking forward to driving around the local hills and farm country with the wife during the remainder of the summer.

I guess I do have one other potential concern with the convertible top - when I close the top, I hear a rapid clicking noise that lasts for about a second. The top opens and closes just fine and I don't hear it when it opens - just after it is closed. I have a RV with a slide out and that makes a similar noise once it is fully extended, so I thought maybe this top operated in the same way, but in looking at videos of people opening and closing tops on youtube, I don't hear the same noise. Google and forum searches have come up empty. Is this a big concern?

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Welcome, PA. Z brother. ..I don't have a convertible but maybe jhc will chime in with his convertible expertise.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:56 PM
David R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new to me 05 does the same thing if I hold the button too long. I think it’s a safety letting you know it’s locked in all the way down.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:14 PM
kauai1800

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Aloha and welcome. I've had my 04 Touring Roadster for 6 months and I'm still all smiles every day as I drive to work. It's a solid car with great handling and I love that it lacks a bunch of digital displays and touch screens like cars have now. Just pure driving experience. Enjoy!