Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

My S2K replacement! Hello from Canada.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 09:22 AM
coop3422

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default My S2K replacement! Hello from Canada.

Hey everyone,

I sold my s2000 back in late February. Loved the car, but the market for them had gone up making it hard for me to justify a $25k summer toy. I decided the "adult" thing to do was sell it, buy something a bit cheaper and pocket some cash to furnish our new house.

I always keep an eye out on kijiji, even when I'm not shopping for anything. I had a handful of cars I was looking at, but there haven't been any great deals lately. I was looking at Z4 3.0 and 3.0Si's, 335i, E46 M3 (really wanted one of these), another s2k, Boxster S, 135i, Mazdaspeed Miata, and 350Z's. There had been one or two decent options listed since my car sold, but nothing that got me really excited.

I saw an ad pop up in Vancouver, really liked it but it was priced fair, and a bit out of my price range so I didn't bother inquiring. A few days later, I get a response to my wanted ad. Sent me a link to his FS ad, turned out to be that car. Mentioned it was nice, but I was in Calgary. Turns out, he was moving back to Edmonton. Well damn, then said it was out of budget. He asked what I was looking to spend, I told him what my ceiling was, turns out that was his floor and we agreed. Between me going on vacation and him moving. we had to wait a few weeks and I was hoping someone wouldn't reach out and offer him a bit more. Thankfully he was honest to his word and met me in Red Deer (halfway point) on Saturday and I drove it home.

It's a 2007 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring. Newer top, newer leather, fully maintained, double DIN screen already installed, and 2 sets of wheels. Being the top trim, it's got all the goodies including Brembos, which I really wanted but had accepted I likely wouldn't find due to my price range. I was also expecting to end up with an 03-05 with the DE, so I'm quite happy to have an HR. Love the colour too. I've only driven it a few hundred kms, already put it into storage till the weather clears up. Can't wait to bring it out. My winter/adventure vehicle is an 08 Infiniti EX35, so I already knew I liked the platform and the engine. Was thinking I should change my username to VQx2 haha.

On to the pics:

My S2K replacement! Hello from Canada.-egll9wwl.jpg
My S2K replacement! Hello from Canada.-tk4jjdul.jpg
My S2K replacement! Hello from Canada.-k7de1tnl.jpg

Quite different than an s2k, but I think I'm going to really like it. The cash in my pocket is nice too. I've already been lurking around here for the past month or so. Seems like a fairly active site, so looking forward to it. I was on s2ki quite frequently.

Thanks for checking it out!
Old 04-16-2018, 10:01 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

From 1 ZR to another, love it. Congratz and welcome!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:14 PM
coop3422

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Haha posted in the wrong spot, oops. Reposted in the 350z section. My bad.