Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New to Z!!! Looking for purchase my first 350Z?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 11:45 PM
miraluna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Z!!! Looking for purchase my first 350Z?

SHORT VERSION, I need a your opinion! It’s $10.000! Is it worth it???

2006 350Z Touring AUTOMATIC with less than 79K

Two previous owners, so that makes me the 3rd owner. No info on the first owner, however, the second owner is a performance shop owner (old lady) who got it in 2012 with less than 57k miles, She invested a lot of money into it. No engine modification done. All fluids were changed once she got the car in 2012. oil change every 6 months, Ray 18 wheels with new tires in 2012 and then 9/2017 she replace just rear tires. Seibon Carbon fiber hood, stop tech big brake kits installed. lowered with probably TEIN or equivalent coilovers, Nismo LSD diff, $700 tint job all around, Greddy exhaust. Kenwood DIN navigation installed in 2012, all maintenance up to date.

No check engine lights, No oil drops. however tire warning light on due to not having TPMS sensor installed

9/10 exterior and 7/10 interior due to all black interior panels scratch door handle, vents, switches etc

I also am thinking about swapping all aftermarket parts and sell them and just back to stock if it is worth it.

Please EXCUSE my typing, this tablet im using is garbage and very slow.

thanks everyone!

Last edited by miraluna; 06-01-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:39 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by miraluna
SHORT VERSION, I need a your opinion! It’s $10.000! Is it worth it???

2006 350Z Touring AUTOMATIC with less than 79K

Two previous owners, so that makes me the 3rd owner. No info on the first owner, however, the second owner is a performance shop owner (old lady) who got it in 2012 with less than 57k miles, She invested a lot of money into it. No engine modification done. All fluids were changed once she got the car in 2012. oil change every 6 months, Ray 18 wheels with new tires in 2012 and then 9/2017 she replace just rear tires. Seibon Carbon fiber hood, stop tech big brake kits installed. lowered with probably TEIN or equivalent coilovers, Nismo LSD diff, $700 tint job all around, Greddy exhaust. Kenwood DIN navigation installed in 2012, all maintenance up to date.

No check engine lights, No oil drops. however tire warning light on due to not having TPMS sensor installed

9/10 exterior and 7/10 interior due to all black interior panels scratch door handle, vents, switches etc

I also am thinking about swapping all aftermarket parts and sell them and just back to stock if it is worth it.

Please EXCUSE my typing, this tablet im using is garbage and very slow.

thanks everyone!
As they say, it's worth it if it's exactly what you want and are willing to pay for it. Duh, right? (Not so obvious actually as emotion is the biggest factor in shopping for anything, sometimes overwhelming logic.)

In this case, I'd tell you to invest the couple/few hundred $$ for a pre-purchase-inspection - usually at a Nissan dealer or specialty shop - for peace of mind.

Mileage is low enough, it sounds good on paper to possibly be worth it BUT, to me, it seems a bit high on price (maybe just "negotiable") based solely on what APPEAR to be comparables here. And that's key too... location. You're in L.A. and there's usually a pretty substantial "inventory" of Zs to choose from so unless you've been looking around a fair amount, might pay to shop around more.

You also highlighted the "AUTOMATIC" aspect. Kinda says you have doubts?? Trust me, if you're even second guessing the transmission choice and have heart set on 6MT, definitely shop around. That's a big REGRET (or plus depending on how perceived) you'll have to live with every day.

Good luck.

Might help to post pics for others to see it. (Or link on CL or wherever you found it.)

Last edited by MicVelo; 06-01-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:41 PM
liven Z life

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

A old lady had those mods? Seems kinda funny to me haha
Old 06-01-2018, 04:10 PM
No_name

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by miraluna
"...AUTOMATIC...
No.