Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New Z Owner. Absolutely Excited!

Old 07-09-2018, 07:08 AM
AWolo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Z Owner. Absolutely Excited!

Hello fellow Z owners!

My name's Aaron and a few days ago I picked up my first Z. I'm very excited to be part of the Z world. A little about me. I'm 30, and have been an avid motors sports enthusiast my whole life. For the last 10-12 years I've been mainly modding, tuning and racing DSMs.

For the last 5 or so years I've been participating in a few local tristate SCCA regions, with a bit of success. I was having an absolute blast and it was truly a pleasure meeting new people and racing my garage built pile of horsepower.

I ended up selling/parting my last DSM and taking some time off about two years ago. Both my father and my wife's father were diagnosed Stage 4, so I stepped out of the car scene all together to focus on thier needs.

Fast forward to today, the car itch really started to hit me last spring, but I was hesitant about getting back into it. I knew I would eventually, but I wanted to do things differently this next go around.

Keeping my racing desires in mind, RWD was a must, along with reliability. I didn't want to be wrenching and tuning and worrying about where to get E85, blah blah blah.

I wanted something simple modifications and maintain, reliable, and of course fast and fun to drive. A car that would allow me to get back to simple modding roots, while being a turnkey, enjoyable car to drive and race.

I ultimately landed on a 350z fitting that bill, specifically an HR model. 370z's are great but I couldn't justify the extra $5+k on top of my $10k budget for a used sport model. The BRZ/FRSs checked all the boxes, except power. I like S2ks but not enough to want a convertible all the time. I thought about something German, but was unsure of the reliability.

350z for the Win! I am now the proud owner of a 2007 Base Model, Redline 350z. Cair is bone stock with almsot 81k miles.

MY GOAL: All the bolt ons, a tune, some suspension mods and some sticky tires for AX/track. An all around fun nice weather, weekend racer.

Pics to come!
Old 07-10-2018, 04:01 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics!

What are you plans for the car (specifics). A upgraded LSD would be my first recommendation. The open diff sucks
Old 07-10-2018, 04:24 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

I can already imagine it on rpf1s and a pro kit.

Hope its everything you hope it will be... They are pretty enjoyable cars (once you get into them)