Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Isr single exit problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 09:32 AM
nicholastoniolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Isr single exit problem

Recently bought an isr single exit gt after installing i noticed the resonator was very close to the drive shaft but is still cleared. Afer lowering my car i drove it up the street and noticed a vibration so i jacked the car back up and the resonator was rubbing on the drive shaft. Anyone else have this issue?? I checked to make sure everything was installed correctly and it is and i haven’t heard of this issue from other people and reviews of this exhaust
Old 09-14-2018, 09:40 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by nicholastoniolo
Recently bought an isr single exit gt after installing i noticed the resonator was very close to the drive shaft but is still cleared. Afer lowering my car i drove it up the street and noticed a vibration so i jacked the car back up and the resonator was rubbing on the drive shaft. Anyone else have this issue?? I checked to make sure everything was installed correctly and it is and i haven’t heard of this issue from other people and reviews of this exhaust
You probably just need to adjust the hangers a tad. No exhaust system is going to fit EXACTLY from car to car, hence no reviews stating the problem. Start at the rear and adjust each just a little (meaning sliding, bending, whatever's needed to move it the few mms you need. By the time you work your way up to the Y-Pipe, the problem should be taken care of.
The following users liked this post:
nicholastoniolo (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 09:59 AM
nicholastoniolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im guessing i will need to get a new drive shaft now that the carbon fiber is damaged? lol