Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

First Impressions of a new owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002 | 07:34 AM
PistolPete

Default First Impressions of a new owner

I picked up my car (Lemans Enthusiast) on Saturday, and I have the following impressions.

The Lemans Sunset color is awesome. It truly looks like two different colors, depending on the lighting. It is very subdued and coppery in the shade, and brilliantly orange in the sun. I am amazed this fine of a color came on a production car.

The fit and finish on the car is top notch. Then engine is smooth, and has plenty of torque. The transmission is precise, and has short throws. The exhaust note is sweet. It's not the rumble of a V-8, but something more refined. It sounds great for being stock exhaust.

I am pleased with the suspension and the brakes. The suspension is firm, and you feel the road, but it is not punishing. I haven't gotten on the brakes hard, but they seem more than adequate so far.

The stereo is acceptable. I didn't get the upgraded Bose system. It's not a great stereo, and it's not a custom stereo, or even a decent aftermarket stereo, but it is decent. It's as good as other stereos in cars of this price range, I thought. I really like how it fits in the dash. It looks like a part of the car, and not an afterthought. I haven't had any problems with CDs skipping.

I dig the seats, and the seating position. The headlight illumination is great. The interior lights are well placed, as are the guages. Overall, the car rocks. This is easily the nicest car I have owned. I have only owned American cars in the past, but Nissan might have made a convert on this one.

I'd also like to put in a good word for Lou Fusz in St Louis. They let me watch every step of the prep, and the car was treated with care. They even threw in the "Lust, then Love" book, along with some other trinkets. I would recommend them to anyone looking to purchase a car in the St Louis area.

If anyone is borderline on ordering a Z, go for it! There isn't another car for less than 30 grand which compares.
Old 10-14-2002 | 09:29 AM
ToddLuc

You still haven't given your impressions of the new owner. You gave your impressions of the owner's Z.

Congrats on your new Z! I hope to be in the ranks of new-owner within a week.

I am happy for you.
Old 10-14-2002 | 09:29 AM
Enforcer

Congrats! Post again after some miles!

Enforcer