Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Salvaged Nismo

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 PM
BADASSTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Zilverstone
Evidently you've never seen a decent bodyman.
Oh okay if you say so. But I had a 1991 300ZX TwinTurbo that was t-boned by two cars on the right side. And many people that saw it said sell it for parts that piece of **** will never come out right. And you want to know something it took a half of a Z to put it back together and many suspention parts+ 3 windows and many hours on the frame machine. It took the body shop 6 months finish the car. The car looked like nothing happened to it. But after a while my t-tops would leak and the right door would have to be slammed for it to clsoe right. So dont sit here write bullsh!t like if you know everything. Once a car is involved in a major accident like that it can never be fixed 100% superman.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:22 PM
goingtopless19

That car is in pretty bad shape... I know when I was rear ended in my old car, I had a little bit of frame damage and the car never was the same after that... This car look like it has alot of frame damage... I dont think it will ever be the same... But man, if I knew how to fit it, I would buy and keep it.. maybe make it my daily and keep mine as a collectors.... LOL.....
Old 04-29-2008, 10:18 PM
03Zilverstone

Originally Posted by BADASSTT
Oh okay if you say so. But I had a 1991 300ZX TwinTurbo that was t-boned by two cars on the right side. And many people that saw it said sell it for parts that piece of **** will never come out right. And you want to know something it took a half of a Z to put it back together and many suspention parts+ 3 windows and many hours on the frame machine. It took the body shop 6 months finish the car. The car looked like nothing happened to it. But after a while my t-tops would leak and the right door would have to be slammed for it to clsoe right. So dont sit here write bullsh!t like if you know everything. Once a car is involved in a major accident like that it can never be fixed 100% superman.
Write ********? I garantee I know more than you ever will when it comes to body work. A car is put together in pieces, it can be repaired with pieces. You started having problems down the road. That alone shows it wasn't due to the wreck. Sounded like bad door pins and weatherstripping to me. If the leak were due to the wreck it would have leaked the first time it got wet. The same with the door. Had it been out of alignment it would have right after being fixed.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:50 AM
ColoradoClark

Write ********? I garantee I know more than you ever will when it comes to body work. A car is put together in pieces, it can be repaired with pieces. You started having problems down the road. That alone shows it wasn't due to the wreck. Sounded like bad door pins and weatherstripping to me. If the leak were due to the wreck it would have leaked the first time it got wet. The same with the door. Had it been out of alignment it would have right after being fixed.
I disagree. I've had a car that had major repairs due to an accident seem great up for awhile, then turn up a mutitide of problems down the road that were repalted to the repairs.

You can do alot to fix a car (in pieces, as you say), but the performance and handling of that car will always be suspect, when compared to an undamaged car.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:33 AM
wreckeds2k

you guys are hillarious. I work at the place selling this and have been a member here, g35driver and s2ki for a long time. This is a sweet deal for someone, I personally would buy this thing cause its so bad ***, but i have too many irons in the fire. For those that understand wrecks and how to fix them, We will proabably go ahead and have this car clipped. It will go thru the factory spot welds in the floor board and then be spliced on the posts, layer by layer insuring this thing is welded as good or better than the first time. We have a guy that does nothing but rear tail clips. We have sold guessing over 4000 cars that have been clipped and none have ever come back or had problems afterwards. For those with horror stories of body shops and wrecks, Find yourself a better shop next time. Any questions send me an IM.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:34 PM
BADASSTT

That's why you do a full clip. Cut it at the front pillars and the seam at the door. You go to welding in two quarters, a rear panel, and the rear pan and you're likely going to end up with crooked car.
+100000000000000000000000000000
Old 05-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

It's a lot easier to do a rear clip than a front clip.
X2 from a friend who owns a body shop as well. The front end is much harder to fix than the rear of the car due to all the mechanicals up front.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:23 AM
zsport1

Sorry, that car will NEVER be as good or better than it was straight out of the factory. Doesn't matter if you do a clip or not. Not to mention that if you repair it, it will never be as valuable as it was before the wreck.
IMHO- I would NEVER purchase a car that has had frame damage and/or repaired with a clip with the intent of making it road worthy again. Just for parts.
Best of luck to whom ever picks this ride up.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:16 PM
03Zilverstone

Originally Posted by zsport1
Sorry, that car will NEVER be as good or better than it was straight out of the factory. Doesn't matter if you do a clip or not. Not to mention that if you repair it, it will never be as valuable as it was before the wreck.
IMHO- I would NEVER purchase a car that has had frame damage and/or repaired with a clip with the intent of making it road worthy again. Just for parts.
Best of luck to whom ever picks this ride up.
Sorry, your expertise obviously isn't bodywork. Show me a stock body 350Z with a frame and I'll admit I'm wrong and don't know a thing.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:07 AM
zsport1

Sorry, your expertise obviously isn't bodywork. Show me a stock body 350Z with a frame and I'll admit I'm wrong and don't know a thing.
Seems your expertise is your big mouth

Last edited by zsport1; 05-02-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:46 AM
03Zilverstone

Seems your expertise is your big mouth
No, I just don't like when people keep on about stuff they obviously don't know much about.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:12 PM
zsport1

No, I just don't like when people keep on about stuff they obviously don't know much about.
And I am sure that some of the people on this forum would appreciate some respect from you. As you stated above to another member, you know more about paint and body than he'll ever know. How do you know that when you don't even know the guy. Not cool.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:58 AM
03Zilverstone

And I am sure that some of the people on this forum would appreciate some respect from you. As you stated above to another member, you know more about paint and body than he'll ever know. How do you know that when you don't even know the guy. Not cool.
I know that because of the way he talked. At first I was nice about it, then more replies came trying to prove me wrong about something I do. I'll give respect when I get it.