Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

No More Nismos?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 09:39 AM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I think in a few years they will be sought after cars.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Greddytwin350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to tell all you Nismo owners but I dont really think they are going to hold there value as much as you hope they will! The fact that they are a numbered car is the only thing they have going! I ordered a 2006 Grand Touring with the Nismo R-tune package! When I recieved the car I was told by my dealer that there was only 2 others like it (at that time) on the east coast! The fact that my car is a Grand Touring coupe is rare enouph but when you add in the R-tune package thats rarity! I actually almost made the mistake of trading my car in for a 2007 Nismo edt. But when I looked at what I would be giving up just own a numbered car it wasnt worth it! I love everything about my car! I have added alot of other upgrades since (including a AAM 3" true dual exhaust this morning) purcase! To me the leather and great sound system helps make the sports car feel! And other than the boxed in frame your car has absolutly nothing that mine doesnt have. All of the factory Nismo items that my car came with actually is alittle more impressive than your! I had the Nismo V.2 front fascia added to complete the look! IMO I dont care for the body kit that is on Nismo edt! The rear bumper is just to open! And the wing is to big for my taste! IMO a loaded factory car will be worth more because that draws more people at auctions now! I dont think that will ever chage! I watch car auctions all the time! Factory race cars dont always bring alot of money! With the way they look it IMO will hurt there value! Kind of like Chrysler wing cars!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Greddytwin350Z
I hate to tell all you Nismo owners but I dont really think they are going to hold there value as much as you hope they will! The fact that they are a numbered car is the only thing they have going! I ordered a 2006 Grand Touring with the Nismo R-tune package! When I recieved the car I was told by my dealer that there was only 2 others like it (at that time) on the east coast! The fact that my car is a Grand Touring coupe is rare enouph but when you add in the R-tune package thats rarity! I actually almost made the mistake of trading my car in for a 2007 Nismo edt. But when I looked at what I would be giving up just own a numbered car it wasnt worth it! I love everything about my car! I have added alot of other upgrades since (including a AAM 3" true dual exhaust this morning) purcase! To me the leather and great sound system helps make the sports car feel! And other than the boxed in frame your car has absolutly nothing that mine doesnt have. All of the factory Nismo items that my car came with actually is alittle more impressive than your! I had the Nismo V.2 front fascia added to complete the look! IMO I dont care for the body kit that is on Nismo edt! The rear bumper is just to open! And the wing is to big for my taste! IMO a loaded factory car will be worth more because that draws more people at auctions now! I dont think that will ever chage! I watch car auctions all the time! Factory race cars dont always bring alot of money! With the way they look it IMO will hurt there value! Kind of like Chrysler wing cars!
You like your car better, I like mine better.

Just try not to sound so butt hurt m'kay?
Old 08-09-2008, 10:29 AM
PikesPeakZ

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I think everyone is misunderstanding my point. I think the Nismo is a hot car. I just don't like the fact that people are afraid to do mods to it because they think it is going to rise in value. A car like that is meant to be bought, heavily modded and taken to the track. That is what it was built for. Sure buy one and daily drive it for looks if you want. Just don't tell me you are making an investment.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:34 AM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are things on the Nismo Z only found on very few cars. Seam welded chassis for one.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:14 AM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats one of the most ignorant statments I've read, Just because the dealer added nimso parts doesn't mean it's a nismo edition or anything special, you own a GRAND TOURING with NISMO parts, we own THE NISMO Z, so whether you like it or not, actuall nismo Z's are a tad better than your standard z.

Last edited by NISMO_558; 08-09-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:14 PM
VENOMSZ

Originally Posted by PikesPeakZ
I think everyone is misunderstanding my point. I think the Nismo is a hot car. I just don't like the fact that people are afraid to do mods to it because they think it is going to rise in value. A car like that is meant to be bought, heavily modded and taken to the track. That is what it was built for. Sure buy one and daily drive it for looks if you want. Just don't tell me you are making an investment.
I get what you're saying, but if the "owners" don't want to mod them, that's their business. It does not really matter what excuse they give, rarity, or what have you...it's their car, and their choice. I know that nobody is going to tell me what I can or can't do with my Nismo...I'll do what I want with her, and I don't have to explain it to anybody. I'm sure that you fell the same way about your Grand Touring, your car, your rules.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:32 AM
Greddytwin350Z

Originally Posted by 350z_racer05
Thats one of the most ignorant statments I've read, Just because the dealer added nimso parts doesn't mean it's a nismo edition or anything special, you own a GRAND TOURING with NISMO parts, we own THE NISMO Z, so whether you like it or not, actuall nismo Z's are a tad better than your standard z.
You do realize that anyone can buy that body kit from Nissan! Your car has absolutly nothing that mine didnt come with! Except the Nismo items on my car are actual race Nismo items! Not a slight copy!
Other than boxed welded frames and white face gauges your car is a track model with an (IMO) over the top body kit! The exhaust isnt as good as the actuall Nismo I had on mine! Its actually a very close copy of the factory exhaust that comes on all 350Z's, niether is the suspension! Do some research, look up the parts yourself! Call Eddie @ mynismo and ask him to compare the parts on a Nismo Edt to actual Nismo R-tune and S-tune parts! I do like the color of the Nismo Z's wheels but they are the exact same as the offset wheels that came on my Grand Touring (just a different color)! I am putting a modest 425 whp to the ground at 7.3lbs of boost! Wanna race!!!!!! The 0 to 60 time in your z isnt even better than mine before the Greddy twin turbo install! Now tell me how your z is A TAD BETTER THAN MINE! With the cams, cold air, headers, exhaust, and flywheel/clutch kit (plus stillen test pipes) that was on my car I was putting the same power to the ground as yours and with the added wieght from the heavier frame I am preatty sure I could run a better 1/4 mile than you! The way it sat last summer I ran 13.8 at 103 mph! I bet your z probably coudnt even run that fast! Now this year I have been trying to break in my JWT clutch/flywheel , I havent run it yet! Now with this said, I am in no way trying to put down Nismo 350Z's I think factory race bread cars are really cool! Like I said yesterday I almost traded my 06 in on a Nismo edt! But other than being a Numbered car I would have been stupid to trade in my car for a Nismo edt! I am preatty sure that people who know 350Z's will agree with me in my point of view!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

You do realize that anyone can buy that body kit from Nissan! Your car has absolutly nothing that mine didnt come with! Except the Nismo items on my car are actual race Nismo items! Not a slight copy!
Other than boxed welded frames and white face gauges your car is a track model with an (IMO) over the top body kit! The exhaust isnt as good as the actuall Nismo I had on mine! Its actually a very close copy of the factory exhaust that comes on all 350Z's, niether is the suspension! Do some research, look up the parts yourself! Call Eddie @ mynismo and ask him to compare the parts on a Nismo Edt to actual Nismo R-tune and S-tune parts! I do like the color of the Nismo Z's wheels but they are the exact same as the offset wheels that came on my Grand Touring (just a different color)! I am putting a modest 425 whp to the ground at 7.3lbs of boost! Wanna race!!!!!! The 0 to 60 time in your z isnt even better than mine before the Greddy twin turbo install! Now tell me how your z is A TAD BETTER THAN MINE! With the cams, cold air, headers, exhaust, and flywheel/clutch kit (plus stillen test pipes) that was on my car I was putting the same power to the ground as yours and with the added wieght from the heavier frame I am preatty sure I could run a better 1/4 mile than you! The way it sat last summer I ran 13.8 at 103 mph! I bet your z probably coudnt even run that fast! Now this year I have been trying to break in my JWT clutch/flywheel , I havent run it yet! Now with this said, I am in no way trying to put down Nismo 350Z's I think factory race bread cars are really cool! Like I said yesterday I almost traded my 06 in on a Nismo edt! But other than being a Numbered car I would have been stupid to trade in my car for a Nismo edt! I am preatty sure that people who know 350Z's will agree with me in my point of view!
God damn, just shut the *** up already.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:28 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

They need to make more, they are all being wrecked lately!

Last edited by zand02max; 08-10-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Greddytwin350Z

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
God damn, just shut the *** up already.

Oh im sorry I guess only Premier members are allowed to have a point of view!!!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Oh im sorry I guess only Premier members are allowed to have a point of view!!!!!
You just sound like such a fanboy... Of YOUR Z. Obviously you have some insecurities you're dealing with giving the amount of bull you're spewing on this thread. If you want I'll let you touch my NISMO at ZdayZ. I'll even take you for a ride around the parking lot for a beer.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Greddytwin350Z

You just sound like such a fanboy... Of YOUR Z. Obviously you have some insecurities you're dealing with giving the amount of bull you're spewing on this thread. If you want I'll let you touch my NISMO at ZdayZ. I'll even take you for a ride around the parking lot for a beer.

No thanks, I know they are supposedly number cars but within 10 miles of my home there are atleast 5! And I live in a very small area! Hell there is a couple in my town that has 2 black ones! You can see there dyno sheets on another nismo link! I have seen them alot already!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:02 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishbone
I am an owner of one of the new Nismos..#599..The fact that they are limited is one of the things that i love about the purchase! Only 1500 made, narrowing it down to only so many in each color...Just ensures there wont be 10 parked in the same place as me.
I wonder how many people are going to install Nismo body panels on their Z's and try to pass them off!!!???
Old 08-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Greddytwin350Z

What will suck the most is when some cheap aftermarket company starts poping out crappy knockoffs! Trust me, it will happen! It always does. Nice color, I dont see silver Nismo's . Just black, red, and white!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

No thanks, I know they are supposedly number cars but within 10 miles of my home there are atleast 5! And I live in a very small area! Hell there is a couple in my town that has 2 black ones! You can see there dyno sheets on another nismo link! I have seen them alot already!
ZOMG!!! FIVE!!!?!?!?!

They're probably all laughing at your "ordinary" Z.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:23 AM
350z2k3

Yawn
Old 08-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Greddytwin350Z

Thats the point I am trying to make to you! Here they are the ordinary! There are almost the same amount of Nismo's as there are other models. Whats color is yours Hreasvelg? I have the only F/I car around and the only one with my body kit! At this point I dont care about resale value 25 yrs from now do you?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Thats the point I am trying to make to you! Here they are the ordinary! There are almost the same amount of Nismo's as there are other models. Whats color is yours Hreasvelg? I have the only F/I car around and the only one with my body kit! At this point I dont care about resale value 25 yrs from now do you?
No YOUR car is ordinary! AH HA!! They're all laughing at you!!

Mine is black, a very extraordinary black.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Greddytwin350Z

No YOUR car is ordinary! AH HA!! They're all laughing at you!!

Mine is black, a very extraordinary black.

Is that the best you can come up with? I am trying to be honest IMO about this. And you just come off without facts or anything that isnt childish! If they are laughing at me I couldnt see them as they are always in my rearview mirror!

Quick Reply: No More Nismos?????