Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.
View Poll Results: What Will You Do Now that the Nismo 370Z is Out?
Trade your current Nismo in for the Nismo 370Z asap
20.88%
Drive your car another 3-10 years and wait to see whats out then
28.57%
Upgrade to a different class of car after you are done with your Nismo 350Z (GTR, M3, ect.)
14.29%
Not even thinking about the Nismo 370Z
36.26%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Whats Your Take on the Nismo 370Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Lento

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats Your Take on the Nismo 370Z

I know its been posted about 10 times in other places on the forum, but I was wondering for those of us with the original Nismo 350Z think.

Also what do you think about the future with your Nismo?

1) Will you trade it in for the new one?
2) Or drive your current Nismo for the next 5-10 years
3) Keep it and upgrade to a higher class car when ready.
4) Not even thinking about the Nismo 370 because it fugly

I think its great, especially since it now has the power gains to go with the exaust and reflash, but I really hope they paint the lower panels that dark grey again and go with a gunmetal finish on the wheels.

I will be keeping my current Nismo for at least the next 5 years and then if the Nismo 370 is the best bang for the buck at that time pick one up.

I wonder how much they will charge now that their car is putting out 350 hp plus the modifications. My guess is it will be around $40,000 MSRP maybe $42,000.

Edit: technicly not out yet, but when it does hit showrooms

Last edited by Lento; 04-08-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:22 AM
pacfwu

I think the upgrades are definately an improvement over what they did for the 350z version, and do a better job seperating it from the standard car. From the photos though, I still just prefer the looks of the 350z Nismo. Not to knock the new car at all as I'm sure it's better in every performance category from what I own and I can't wait to see one in person. But I also didn't like the photos of the 350z Nismo when it first came out, but after seeing it in person... well, we all know how that went.

Supposedly, they're going to be all numbered and limited edition like ours, but I hope they don't just do what Saleen does with their mustangs. Every one of them is numbered and they start over every year. How pointless is that? "Yeah, this is one of only 4 Saleens in the world with number 0874 on the bumper." Even though the numbered plaque isn't the reason I bought my Nismo, there is a bit of pride with owning a stamped car that becomes less "special" when it's used entirely as a gimmick.

Hopefully they just do a limited run, number them, and then make a V2 370 Nismo and not cheapen it's uniqueness. Otherwise, you're just numbering a trim package.

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is all the people that're gonna buy a 370z Nismo will have to deal with all sorts of haters popping into that sub-forum to bash on that car for no apparent reason or have noobs start threads about s-tune components. How's it feel now?

Last edited by pacfwu; 04-08-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Lento

Originally Posted by pacfwu
I think the upgrades are definately an improvement over what they did for the 350z version, and do a better job seperating it from the standard car. From the photos though, I still just prefer the looks of the 350z Nismo. Not to knock the new car at all as I'm sure it's better in every performance category from what I own and I can't wait to see one in person. But I also didn't like the photos of the 350z Nismo when it first came out, but after seeing it in person... well, we all know how that went.

Supposedly, they're going to be all numbered and limited edition like ours, but I hope they don't just do what Saleen does with their mustangs. Every one of them is numbered and they start over every year. How pointless is that? "Yeah, this is one of only 4 Saleens in the world with number 0874 on the bumper." Even though the numbered plaque isn't the reason I bought my Nismo, there is a bit of pride with owning a stamped car that becomes less "special" when it's used entirely as a gimmick.

Hopefully they just do a limited run, number them, and then make a V2 370 Nismo and not cheapen it's uniqueness. Otherwise, you're just numbering a trim package.

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is all the people that're gonna buy a 370z Nismo will have to deal with all sorts of people popping into that sub-forum to bash on that car for no apparent reason or have noobs start threads about s-tune components. How's it feel now?
^LOL at last sentence. I know plus since the Nismo 370 info was release apparently we are all retarded for buying our cars.... says the guys with the 03 Z that has 10,000 different problems.

Actually I literally laughed when you were talking about the Saleens because my friend has one and he goes on and on about how its #123 which is on his front bumper and they only made so many and blah blah blah.

With all the different versions of mustangs out I think it looks pretty bland and for the $40K + yikes.

His brother drove my Nismo and he said he wished my friend had gotten "one of these instead"

I personally like the Nismo community we have going now. Everyone on this site that owns a Nismo seems to more or less be really into their car and isn't just some smuck who bought it just for the looks, but instead for the way it performs. and its funtionality. Plus most of us actually use it what it was intended for: Auto X or Track or at least spirted driving around twisty roads. However, I kind of get a little upset when I see another Nismo because I'm like "aw man I thought I was the only one"

But its a cool sense when you see one driving by and you and the other driver acknolege one another and the fact that there really are so few of them its kind of a love hate feeling, but I like it.

If they do end up mass producing the Nismo 370 I think it will definitly loose some of that coolness factor. For example my father ended up buying an M3 last summer and I thought it was the coolest thing, but I see so many of them around Boston now its kind of just part of the landscape. I don't necessarily want to stand out but I do get some satisfaction in being different

Last edited by Lento; 04-08-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:47 AM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by Lento

I personally like the Nismo community we have going now. Everyone on this site that owns a Nismo seems to more or less be really into their car and isn't just some smuck who bought it just for the looks, but instead for the way it performs. and its funtionality.

I think this actually has a lot to do with the 350 Nismo being released so late in the model run. There were quite a few of us that had older DE cars that were like "rev-up? whatever" and "HR? alright, well I'll wait and see". And then the Nismo was released and a lot of the true enthusiasts and Nismo fan-boys decided it was time to upgrade (I like to think of myself as both). The car may have a lot of haters because of people either not being able to aford it and being jealous, or being a purist with the way the standard car looked and genuinely thought the outlandish (although functional) body kit was hideous, or even just because people didn't see the point of a 38k 350z that doesn't even have leather seats or nav.

It's not classy or luxury, it's not even all that pretty, but for the people that do get it, it's a pure enthusiasts car and I hope they keep it going for the so the 370z Nismo owners have the same pride in their cars as we do.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:51 AM
shawn_david75

Nissan took all the testosterone out of the 370Z's design. The performance numbers are good, but I just could not see myself driving one. It reminds me of the BMW Z4: a great car wrapped in a decidedly metrosexual package. No thanks.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Lento

Originally Posted by shawn_david75
Nissan took all the testosterone out of the 370Z's design. The performance numbers are good, but I just could not see myself driving one. It reminds me of the BMW Z4: a great car wrapped in a decidedly metrosexual package. No thanks.
^haha I agree with the Z4 comment. I think its an excellent car.... I just would never buy one.

I was not going to jump ship for the regular 370z whose numbers are acually similar if not better than the Nismo 350Z, because even though it was functional the look didn't win me over.

However the Nismo 370Z has the functionality and the looks (if they do the two tone paint and dark wheels somewhere along the line as they did with the 350, then I would definitly think about it.... that is if I could afford it
Old 04-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

The new Nismo is very well put together. From the concave wheels to the tasteful body kit to the interior.... The only thing i would loose is that fugly wing and that's it.. The wheels just made my jaw drop..
Old 04-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is all the people that're gonna buy a 370z Nismo will have to deal with all sorts of haters popping into that sub-forum to bash on that car for no apparent reason or have noobs start threads about s-tune components. How's it feel now?
srs? i always thought the nismo 350z was one of the ugliest versions of the Z.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

depending on the price of the new nismo 370z, I'd consider trading in my nismo 350 for one, it's the 350HP that does it for me

Originally Posted by Lento
Edit: technicly not out yet, but when it does hit showrooms
June of this year

Last edited by NISMO_558; 04-08-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 PM
NISMO_558

Originally Posted by Nexx
how come your always so negative?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:36 PM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by Nexx
It is. I still like it though.

And I ****ing want those seats from the 370 Nismo.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

more power to you sir.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Lento

Yea I like the "Nismo" stiched in them.

I think they should put some hardcore canards on the front too, and and SBC wing and make it HARDCORE!!!!'

The person in front of you should tremble in fear when they see you in their mirror and move the F over!

Actually I don't know how big a fan I am of the wing yet. Im sure Ill love the car when I see it in person, but I kind of wish a company would make a car and deck it out with all crazy aftermarket accesories that all have function.

Like a CF wing and canards and stop tech brakes and semi slick tires and ... o no i fapped...and stickers!

But sort of like the ACR (ARC?) Viper, something that you just see comming down the road and say Holy $hit! I'm gonna get RAPED!

Last edited by Lento; 04-08-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:07 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

^^^

crazy

my car is stunting...rock chips and all

that 370Z Nismo is confused just as the 370Z is. The technology improvements is what warrants anyone to upgrade. Other than that I wouldn't do it.

I will say this if it is numbered or limited as ours is I'm jumping ship to Porsche used of course...
Old 04-08-2009, 01:11 PM
NISMO_558

Originally Posted by KingBaby
I will say this if it is numbered or limited as ours is I'm jumping ship to Porsche used of course...
They are numbered and limited, only 5% of the total production run of the regular 370z.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:24 PM
350ZnFuture

I think im going to drive my car another 3-4 yrs and see whats out next , until I pay for it and be able to get something that comes out in 2011 in 2011 not a car that came out in 2008 and buy it in 2011 lol
Old 04-08-2009, 03:35 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
They are numbered and limited, only 5% of the total production run of the regular 370z.
Well then I will be leaving cause there is no point to it. The whole hoopla about the rareness of the NISMO label. I knew when I brought my car that the chances to me at the time, where slim to none. That a 370 or whatever came next, getting a nismo version this early wasn't going to happen.

Well what do you know a thread on the Limited Edition Nismo 370Z

The Best Handling, and Performing Z to ever dawn the face of the earth

What Nissan needs to do is put a big fat So Far.. at the end

What Nissan is doing is playing the car game as if there American...Like some one mention FORD did with the Saleen...an uther joke to the car enthusiast...

to make a quick buck, yes in the end it's business. I understand that just a little down on what car history any manufacturer was is no more.

sometime next year I might be walking along, and see a 07, 08, 09, and a test mule 2010 Limited Edition Z car in one day...

Limited
Old 04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
pacfwu

Dude, it's all marketing. When the 350z came out, it was all about how 53/47 weight distribution was ideal and not 50/50 because with weight transfer...blah blah blah. So then if that's ideal, why is the new 370 54/46 but still "better"? Marketing.

Also, back in the day it was all about how the wheels were pushed out to the corners with short bumpers/overhangs because that was better. Since '04 they have done nothing but try and fit longer bumpers on the car to qualify for racing one racing series or another and increase handling ('04 Type E/Nismo S-tune GT, '06 V2 Nismo S-tune/R-tune concept/RS-Concept, '07-08 Factory Nismo model/380 RS/380 RS-C). Marketing.

Marketing aside, it's either a quality product or it isn't.

When Porsche started making the 997's, they said that they would never build another GT2. So, naturally, in '07 they introduced the new GT2. Doesn't mean that GT2s are any less of a car, less cool, or less special. Besides, Nissan never said they wouldn't build another Nismo after the 350z was done. But I'm surprised they did it right out of the gate. I would've thought they would wait for a couple years until they do the mid-model refresher.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:50 PM
dbsears

Performance aside I am sure it will be nice but the looks are really hit or miss. I personally think the 350 is much more sleek looking and the Nismo lines flow much better...albeit the rear bumper is a tad too curvy. The 370 Nismo I think the wheels are hideous and the wing looks very out of place. The brakes, power, and wheels widths are nice though. If current HR guys are already getting 300-320whp NA with bolt ons I am curious what this new Nismo would do. If they could hit 340+whp NA that would be pretty darn cool in a car that could have a few things taken of out if and make almost 3100lbs.

Me I selling the evo and jumping ship to take advantage of a leftover 08 Nismo's. 31K for a brand new nismo is just too hard to pass up.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:01 PM
nismofreak1208

i look at the 370z today while i was getting sumthin looked at for my nismo z and i will say this, i still can't agree with the whole styling in and out of the new z, same goes for the nismo ver. to, i've seen it but it still doesn't give me that smile that i get when i look at my nismo z, sry to say, but being a hardcore nissan fan, i'm not diggin the 370z at all.

Quick Reply: Whats Your Take on the Nismo 370Z