Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Dave's Black Nismo

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:34 AM
NismoZ1323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you like the hks coilovers? Is the ride harsh on the NY roads?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Lakeside

Nice Niz!

I also have the HKS Hypermax III's Where abouts in NY are you Dave?

I think the ride quality of the III's is great. If you had purchased the HKS III sports then that would be a differant story. Dave's ride height looks very similar to mine. Nice upgrade Dave! Looks sweeet. Whats next?!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:48 AM
T-Stan

do you like having the ipod cord come out of the middle? i just had mine done and have it coming out the top cubby.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davg3500
It is not stock!!
What isnt stock besides the coilovers?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Dark8lue

a friend of mine a Sgt, has that exact car same interior, exterior, etc.. jus dif number of course. haha still clean
Old 09-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Dark8lue
a friend of mine a Sgt, has that exact car same interior, exterior, etc.. jus dif number of course. haha still clean
lol.... Same exact? Must b stock.. He is a Buck Sgt E-5 huh.. Hmm..
Old 09-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Makes want to get a Nismo..
Old 09-12-2009, 02:57 PM
davg3500

Originally Posted by NismoZ1323
How do you like the hks coilovers? Is the ride harsh on the NY roads?
I love these coilovers, they were an excellent (thanks again to Adam from Z-1 performance). I had a set of Tein Flex coilovers with EDFC, and on the street to me the Hypermax street coilovers ride more comfortable in softest setting and on the stiffest setting; these damper absorb more bumps rather then making the Z hop around after hitting a few bumps.

New York roads suck, so I needed a coilover that would withstand the harsh roads without leaking fluid a months after installation. This is what my Tein's started do. Good thing about them is they were re-buildable, and I had the option of sending them back to Tein for repairs. That's also another reason why I bought the Hypermax because they to are re-buildable.

I recommend the Hypermax, Especially if you're like me and autocross occasionally.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:15 PM
davg3500

Originally Posted by Lakeside
Nice Niz!

I also have the HKS Hypermax III's Where abouts in NY are you Dave?

I think the ride quality of the III's is great. If you had purchased the HKS III sports then that would be a differant story. Dave's ride height looks very similar to mine. Nice upgrade Dave! Looks sweeet. Whats next?!
Hey, thanks

I live in Westchester County, New Rochelle.

The ride quality is great at high speeds is great, and the tightness under cornering is unbelievable from the stock Nismo suspension. I have the street version coilovers; buying the sport ones's didn't seem reasonable for around this area.

The hide height is maxed out in the rear and in the front both collars are maxed out (lowered all the way into the shock body). I'm gonna head back to the alignment shop and get them corner balance again.

So far have the Nismo intakes, 380RS peddle (heal-to-is a snap now) The coilovers, new tires.... Thats it for performance.
Next upgrade Will be the camber kit. I don't wont the wear out my Potenza RE-11's. These tires cost me a grip.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:21 PM
davg3500

Originally Posted by T-Stan
do you like having the ipod cord come out of the middle? i just had mine done and have it coming out the top cubby.
I use the cubby to store my Remote to my Kenwood head unit, mainly because it won't fit anywhere else.

I like the ipod better in the arm rest area. I also put it there because I originally ran the wire there when I have my Ipod Adapter hooked up to my factory head unit.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:02 PM
350z 6spd

Car looks great. Sizes and thoughts on the RE-11's?
Old 09-12-2009, 11:26 PM
SK350z

nice ride!!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Lakeside

Originally Posted by davg3500
Hey, thanks

I live in Westchester County, New Rochelle.

The ride quality is great at high speeds is great, and the tightness under cornering is unbelievable from the stock Nismo suspension. I have the street version coilovers; buying the sport ones's didn't seem reasonable for around this area.

The hide height is maxed out in the rear and in the front both collars are maxed out (lowered all the way into the shock body). I'm gonna head back to the alignment shop and get them corner balance again.

So far have the Nismo intakes, 380RS peddle (heal-to-is a snap now) The coilovers, new tires.... Thats it for performance.
Next upgrade Will be the camber kit. I don't wont the wear out my Potenza RE-11's. These tires cost me a grip.

Your saying your coilovers are dropped as low as they can go? From the looks of your tire to fender clearance you can go lower?

Before corner balancing I would recommend some Cusco front A-Arms & the rear camber & Toe link sets. If you wanna save some cash get the SPL rear camber arms & toe bolts! Your car has gotta have an alignment issue.

My rear camber isn't to bad but I have a very very slight pull to the left but no tire wear yet! At least your closer to Performance Motorsports then me! Its an 7-8 hr round trip for me with traffic I plan to do Cusco front A-arms and the SPL real camber arms & toe bolts. Have them do an alignment and Camber/toe adjust.

That won't be till Spring I think.. I'm doinng cams and possibly gears next.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:46 AM
davg3500

Originally Posted by 350z 6spd
Car looks great. Sizes and thoughts on the RE-11's?
The tire size are OE for the Nismo.

Well, as with any tires the first week or so they felt spongy until they settled in. But, once they were set the wet traction improved dramatically over the standard RE050A the nismo came with. The RE-11's aren't that great when the road is cold, once they warm up they perform great. If your going by these, I don't recommend going ***** out until you gradually find out the limit on these tires (traction can get away from you if you push hard). Corning has a improved a lot too, the steering is even more precise. Before purchasing these tires from Tire Rack, on the check out page they had a warning message stating that these tire ride much harder then OE and they you'd get more of a booming effect inside the vehicle. This is true to some degree. All in all, Best tires I've purchased. And I've been through of a lot of them autocrossing over the years. Good luck choosing tires man.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:27 PM
davg3500

Your saying your coilovers are dropped as low as they can go? From the looks of your tire to fender clearance you can go lower?

Before corner balancing I would recommend some Cusco front A-Arms & the rear camber & Toe link sets. If you wanna save some cash get the SPL rear camber arms & toe bolts! Your car has gotta have an alignment issue.

My rear camber isn't to bad but I have a very very slight pull to the left but no tire wear yet! At least your closer to Performance Motorsports then me! Its an 7-8 hr round trip for me with traffic I plan to do Cusco front A-arms and the SPL real camber arms & toe bolts. Have them do an alignment and Camber/toe adjust.

That won't be till Spring I think.. I'm doinng cams and possibly gears next.
Nope, just the rear are lowered all the way. The front collars are lowered all the way, but not the spring perch on the front coilovers.

That was the original plan, to get the alignment after I install the camber kit, otherwise I'd be wasting money. But anyway, the Cusco arms are my first choice, and yes my car does have a slight alignment issue because I need to correct the camber. The Toe is bang on centered, and it tracks in straight line, But the only issue is on curtain roads, especially these crappy roads in NY. If the road isn't completely flat from one side of the street to the other side; where the pavement is sunken in due to heavy weight from trucks, and the center of the road is higher because heavy weight never touches it. What will happen is, the steering wheel will pull left to right depending on the way the road curves. But other then that it doesn't bother me.

But once I get the camber kits I'll be headed to Performance Motorsports. That's the thing about living in Up State New York. It helps when you don't live in the "sticks." When closer to the NY city; your closer to everything.

I'm not gonna touch the engine yet. I don't want Nissan giving me any B.S. right now about my Warranty this, no warranty that.

Last edited by davg3500; 09-13-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Lakeside

You will already have some issues with Nissan! Since I lowered my car before I even started my Bolt-ons they refused to touch the car for service.

Said they would not be liable for the car. Saying they couldn't get it on any of the lifts in their shop including the Lift for the GTR.

All I wanted done was my wheels balanced, mounted with sensors installed.

See if they will do an oil change or rotate your tires now. lol They hate lowered cars!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:54 PM
david316

Originally Posted by Guilty1s
how many daves have z's. Seriously.
guess this makes two
Old 09-13-2009, 07:25 PM
vthao

Awesome Nismo. Clean!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:27 PM
davg3500

You will already have some issues with Nissan! Since I lowered my car before I even started my Bolt-ons they refused to touch the car for service.

Said they would not be liable for the car. Saying they couldn't get it on any of the lifts in their shop including the Lift for the GTR.

All I wanted done was my wheels balanced, mounted with sensors installed.

See if they will do an oil change or rotate your tires now. lol They hate lowered cars!
LOL, Are your serious... I haven't been back to nissan since suspension. Been doing my own oil changes since the first free oil change by them. But that is crazy. I've seen the new GTR lift and special alignment machine that my local nissan dealer just got put in their shop.. Both are literally "in the floor of the shop, lol." Sucks for all of us!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:33 PM
davg3500

Default Thanks

Thanks guys for all your kind remarks.. I'll be posting more pictures as more upgrades come along... It's kind of hard to come up with more money to do upgrades and make payments at the same time.

Especially, since I just started my own business, and most my money is now start up capital for my business.

Wish me luck.

Last edited by davg3500; 09-13-2009 at 08:35 PM.