Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Trading the Nismo for an Evo X MR

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 02:43 PM
erichsherrill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO its worth an old SUV that crapped the bed... annd ur dad dad is willing to pay the difference.. you can use it all months of the years.. and have 4 seats.. good thing im telling you all this because im sure you werent aware of it lol

oh yeah also it has 4 doors
Old 02-27-2011, 08:14 PM
nismo333

not worth it. i live in colorado and we get it good here in the winter. but i also have a truck for the winter. try and get a beater car or something for winter
Old 03-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Lento

I've driven the Evo before and I liked it...

It's definitely more comfortable than the nismo and has more interior ammenities (when fully loaded)

... but

Seems to lack real power on the highway because of its weight.... Plus AWD will never be RWD and RWD if just more fun

My Dad and I are going in this weekend to test drive it. I'll let you know what happens
Old 03-03-2011, 07:56 AM
NZMOWND

You did hear that they are not going to make the EVO any more correct???
Old 03-03-2011, 09:02 AM
erichsherrill

then u can upgrade to the EVO S
Old 03-06-2011, 09:00 AM
NISM0_350z

Originally Posted by Lento
If anything, this winter has taught me RWD does not work in New England.

Our SUV crapped the bed and my nismo is out of commision for the next few months. I'm thininkg about trading in an old SUV and the Nismo for the Evo and paying the difference

Thoughts?
I had an Nismo and now I have an X MR. I love both and wish I could have both at once but unfortunately that's not an option right now.

If you can only have one car then get the Evo, you will be so happy. The best part about the Evo is that you can enjoy it every single day of the year. Guys like us that live in areas that have snowy winters, driving a RWD sports car isn't really practical. The Evo shines in any weather and the AWD is a must.

I have driven a stick for over 10 years (all 7 previous cars have been manual) and I don't miss a manual one bit. The TC-SST (twin-clutch automated manual) is so sweet. The shifts are lightning quick and it is so responsive. You will get those idiots that will hate and say, "oh, it's an automatic... blah...blah...blah." If they don't get the concept of what it really is then they are clueless. Plus, if you have never driven it then you really have no idea. I enjoy the OLD stick-shift but that is something that can be more enjoyable at a race track. For a daily commute and cruising around, I absolutely love the TC-SST.

You can't go wrong with either car, if you're a car guy then you will enjoy both. The Evo is way more practical and it's a bad *** sports car to have for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.

Originally Posted by NZMOWND
You did hear that they are not going to make the EVO any more correct???
That is information is incorrect. Don't believe everything you see on the internet, the media is quick to throw information out there without verifying anything. The current Evo model will end in 2013, after that the Evo will still be around but it will be sometime of hybrid.

"Mitsubishi Motor Corporation released a letter that says the Mitsubishi Evo name will continue to be in the company's line-up even after 2013, when the current version will go out of production. However, the company feels it has to adapt to changing market conditions, which will determine it heading towards greener engine solutions. These will include hybrid and electric powertrains. So, the next generation Evo, will probably get a hybrid engine, or even an electric one."
Old 03-08-2011, 09:00 PM
gregom

Z does fine in the in the snow if you know how to drive in it. As long as it isn't over 6 inches it usually isn't much of a problem unless your not running on winter tires. All seasons are ok for light snow, but any sort of summer tires and you'll be getting stuck in lots of places.

Evo MR is cool car though... so its not a complete loss if you change. Z is still more fun though.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

The MR is fun, great car. Have you looked into a trans service? Expensive, i love that trans, but it does not handle extra power and servicing sucks.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 AM
NISM0_350z

Originally Posted by terrasmak
The MR is fun, great car. Have you looked into a trans service? Expensive, i love that trans, but it does not handle extra power and servicing sucks.
Trans service is no different then any other car. I do it myself anyhow, only thing a bit expensive is the price of the trans fluid.

It can handle the power if you have someone tune it that knows the SST. If you decide to go all out you can upgrade the clutch packs.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you trade in yet? If not, but you still plan to, please PM me - I need to talk about wheels!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:41 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NISM0_350z

"Mitsubishi Motor Corporation released a letter that says the Mitsubishi Evo name will continue to be in the company's line-up even after 2013, when the current version will go out of production. However, the company feels it has to adapt to changing market conditions, which will determine it heading towards greener engine solutions. These will include hybrid and electric powertrains. So, the next generation Evo, will probably get a hybrid engine, or even an electric one."
if you want the evo you'd better get this Evo X model before Mitsubishi releases this new hybrid abomination
Old 03-22-2011, 12:16 PM
EwitzDavid

i live in boston, and DD my z through the winter, it wasn't that bad. i recently drove my co-worker's evo x gsr for a weekend and it definetly is fast. i love the evo x, but their mpg is pretty bad (16mpg in the city). also the evo require maintence. if u can keep up with the maintence then go for it.

btw, if ur trading ur nismo in. can we swap bumpers+money?