Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

nismo number???

Old 03-03-2014, 05:55 AM
NoBigDeal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh and it was right under $20,000 with 52,xxx miles
Old 03-03-2014, 10:28 AM
clubhopper

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad it's a nismo but sucks they stripped all nismo parts except for the aero, seats and gauges.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:32 AM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To pay under $20k for a stripped Nismo with a little over 50k miles is a horrible deal. OP as long as your happy with it... If it were me, I'm take it back to whatever dealership you bought it from immediately. I'd say it was very dishonest on the dealerships part for even selling a Nismo to someone in that condition.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by NoBigDeal
okay so i just talk to nissan and they verified that it is indeed a nismo.
i checked for damper also and they did remove those as well.
i can honestly say Im pretty happy right not, at least i don't have to call my attorney. hahaha. now for the parts dept.
I'd still be pissed.

I didn't read every post in depth: did you buy private or from a dealer?
Old 03-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Whiteazn2

He bought it from dealer. That sucks bro that they took everything off. If I was youi would never bought that seeing that no Brembos or oem lights etc. You should try giving it back.
But if your happy then that's all that counts.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:45 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

It's sad to say, but this looks like a genuine case of "buyer beware". All of the missing replaced Nismo parts were out in plain sight for any prospective purchaser to see. It isn't like the dealership was hiding anything from anyone. The car came with all parts and whether those parts were Nismo seems to be kind of beside the point. I feel bad for the original poster, but had some basic research been done before buying the car, he would have known about the missing parts and maybe got the car for a cheaper price or moved on to another car.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Syner

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
It's sad to say, but this looks like a genuine case of "buyer beware". All of the missing replaced Nismo parts were out in plain sight for any prospective purchaser to see. It isn't like the dealership was hiding anything from anyone. The car came with all parts and whether those parts were Nismo seems to be kind of beside the point. I feel bad for the original poster, but had some basic research been done before buying the car, he would have known about the missing parts and maybe got the car for a cheaper price or moved on to another car.

I highly doubt they advertised it as a "100% original Nismo." They probably just had "Trim: Nismo"
Old 03-03-2014, 01:53 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by clubhopper
Glad it's a nismo but sucks they stripped all nismo parts except for the aero, seats and gauges.

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
+1

Crappy situation.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:54 PM
clubhopper

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Take it back.

It's going to be a real challenge to get those Yamaha dampers on the chassis.

How much you wanna bet the nismo exhaust and nismo suspension with sway bars is gone too?

You basically bought a touring with a nismo v3 kit and some nismo goodies, and aftermarket wheels/shift boot.

I'm just offering constructive advice, follow it or not if you think its Nobigdeal.

Last edited by clubhopper; 03-04-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Texas325

Originally Posted by clubhopper
Take it back.

It's going to be a real challenge to get those Yamaha dampers on the chassis.

How much you wanna bet the nismo exhaust and nismo suspension with sway bars is gone too?

You basically bought a touring with a nismo v3 kit and some nismo goodies, and aftermarket wheels/shift boot.

I'm just offering constructive advice, follow it or not if you think its Nobigdeal.
I agree the Yamaha Dampers are hard to come by. You can buy it new but that's a chunk of money that the OP shouldn't have to spend if it was a full equipped when sold.

$795+ for a set - http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=2902

OP, what dealer did you buy this car from? was a non-Nissan used car dealer?

You need to take the car back before you pour more money into the Z or contest for a return in some fund. On paper it is a NISMO but for a partial equipped one, it should be thousands less. Worst case and most likely scenario is that the dealer will not take it back.

For baseline used price - My 07 NISMO was 22.4k with 14k miles purchased in Nov 2013. It was stock and fully equipped.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Syner

Update, OP?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:02 PM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad. I'm looking at selling my mint 07 Nismo #0007 with 1500 miles for $24.5K.

Last edited by jmark; 03-06-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:12 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

i wonder if..... the car was stolen, stripped, recovered..... and then had cheap parts put on it and sold
Old 03-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Texas325

Originally Posted by jmark
Sad. I'm looking at selling my mint 07 Nismo #0007 with 1500 miles for $24.5K.
Wow that's a bargain price - I would've bought yours. I like PPW but the silver looks great. Are you trying to get a quick sell? Price range for Private should be higher...there's two in Chicago being sold for 29k with 4k miles.

Originally Posted by travlee9374
i wonder if..... the car was stolen, stripped, recovered..... and then had cheap parts put on it and sold
Could be a possibility or it could have been repo'd and the previous owner stripped it for cash. This history of OP's car is odd. It's like a mystery waiting to be unveiled...
Old 03-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Texas325

OP where are you?

Guess he was ticked off from getting sold on a stripped NISMO
Old 05-06-2014, 07:07 PM
webrunner5

It is going to cost the OP a fortune to get all the parts he needs back to stock Nismo. Not worth the time or effort. I would take it back to dealer or take them to court. No Nismo stuff is cheap. New or used.

And like has been said who knows what the undercarriage is. I bet this thing was a striped Nismo and put back with junk yard 350z stuff.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:17 PM
mytramp

Originally Posted by NoBigDeal
Alright so I just bought my 08 ppw z nismo.
I've always wanted a 350z since I got
my first busted down 300zx that barely drove haha anyways.
So come to find out from reading on the forums there should be a plate by the shifter with my number. No plate. No number. Just a slot where it should be.
I've been searching for 3 days now on how to figure out what number nismo I have.
if anyone could help me out that would be great.
if there's some way I could find out by looking at the vin or model number anything.
thank you
I bought my car 4/20/13... no plate either! Called nismo usa and talked to Scott. Several times!!!
Nismo/ Nissan finally agreed to give me a new plaque about 14 weeks ago. Still no plaque though.. still waiting!!! The data base for vin/serial number is highly guarded.... good luck!!!
Old 05-31-2014, 12:20 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Well then NoBigDeal, how did you get on, your silence is deafening.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:40 PM
mytramp

Originally Posted by Texas325
Definitely push your dealership on getting your NISMO plate. Nissan HQ is currently alerted on the 350Z NISMO plate issue. Apparently there is still some miscommunication between the U.S. NISMO parts office and their Japanese counterpart on producing replacement plates (per special order).

After 10 weeks of waiting, my dealership and I contact Nissan HQ to find out the delay. I have a case # and have posted on Nissan FB page every other day to get them to update me. Nissan HQ has forward this case to their respective NISMO parts office and also provided me their number (NISMO M-F 9am - 5pm CST 1-888-833-3225, nmc.race@nissan-usa.com). Note, they don't usually pick up or answer their e-mail.

After fail attempts at calling the above number, I recently talked to Craig Nangle at Nissan who originally lead the Certificate of Authenticity (For those that have that, put it in the safe as they don't make them anymore). After hearing about the plates and receiving a call from me, he's going to ping the parts division.

So currently, the plates (mines, MyTramp and other owners) are on order according to my latest Nissan update. Currently waiting on the dealership to call me when it arrives. In the meantime, going to call NISMO on Monday. It's best to be a the squeaky wheel especially when trying to replace a prominent part that authenticates a specialty vehicle.
I got my COA recently. Also recieved a loaner number plaque. Until nissan can locate a new vendor o produce replacement plaques.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:28 AM
sooniie
Banned

how were you able to get COA without knowing the nismo numbeR?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: nismo number???