Notices
NISMO 370Z The Limited Edition Best Handling 370Z Ever.

Test drove a Nismo 370Z - Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:40 PM
TJ350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badbee
Test drove a red Nismo yesterday at OC Nissan in Irvine. The ride is very "bouncy" and hard compared to the 370Z with the sport package. As a daily driver, the Nismo would not work for me. The exhaust is just a tad louder than the stock system. If you are looking for a throaty sound, this isn't it. Stillen would be a better choice for sound and HP. For some reason, the engine felt more course at higher RPM's than the sport model. Handling around corners felt about the same as the sport model but I didn't have a chance to really get on it. The interior has cloth seats that are comfortable but no better than the stock cloth interior in my opinion. The rear wing looks like a Pep Boy's add on to me as do the rear exhaust outlets that are enormous. The Nismo wheels don't look half as nice as the Rays on the sport model. The MSRP was over 40K without Nav. In summary, unless you absolutely love the looks of the Nismo or maybe it would be a good track car, you can add a lot of performance and handling parts to the sport model for about the 7K difference in price. For value, performance and looks, I would opt for the 6 speed with sport package, and then add a few mods.

Last, the sales manager I talked to, I his name was Danny Huynh, an Asian guy (not that there is anything wrong with that other than his I'm better than you, and why are you bothering me attitude), acted like he was doing me a favor trying to locate the car I wanted and kept saying things like "I should be able to get one, I think", and he wanted MSRP, no discount. Frankly, I wouldn't buy a car from him, especially him, or this dealership at any price. Also, I stopped by the parts dept to see how much "ester' Oil costs for the 370, and the parts guy advises me they don't sell it to the public, they only use it on the clunkers they get in trade. I again reemphasized that I was talking about the ester oil for the 370Z and he finally understood what I was talking about, and advised it was $12. a quart. OC Nissan doesn't deserve anyone's business with their attitude and total lack of product knowledge.

Whatever happened to friendly, knowledgeable, customer service, especially when your spending about 40 large in a down economy??
Nice write-up my friend. Considering how sales are slumping, you would think they will treat you otherwise.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:10 PM
ANXIOUZ

So you liked nothing about the car and had a bad salesman. Sounds like a fun afternoon.

That dealer treated me pretty good for the most part when I had service there. I had a slight 6th gear grind and they replaced the tranny for free and gave me a free rental car. Slight overkill but I didn't complain.

Last edited by ANXIOUZ; 09-18-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:52 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Anxiety-creating tricks by car salespeople: 1. Disappearing for a few minutes (length of time varies with lot manager's instructions). 2. The "hmmm...let's see...the car's right around here, I think" pitch. 3. The "what do I have to do for you to buy this car?!" pitch. 4. The "we may not have the color you want...Wait a sec', HEREIT IS!" pitch. 5. The "I was about to go home...but I'll stay and take care of you" pitch. 6. The "we don't have the trim model you want, but I can call some of our other dealerships up to see if we can find it there" pitch ...DON'T FALL FOR ANY OF THEM, GUYS! THEY need U$ more that we need THEM!

Last edited by j.arnaldo; 09-19-2009 at 09:56 AM.