Notices
NISMO 370Z The Limited Edition Best Handling 370Z Ever.

My Nismo is finally here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 02:51 PM
nismolife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skydvr
Nice I like the Nismo in that color it looks awesome. You are going to love it I got just over 1500 miles on mine and can't get the smile off my face every time I drive it. What number is yours?
I don't know yet - this waiting is tough!

Old 09-28-2009, 08:57 PM
2k6-z33

Thats sick! Congrats...
Old 09-28-2009, 09:10 PM
nismolife

Update on the shipping damage:

The Nissan guys are scouring the hills for another Nismo in white for me. I thought the damage was minor, but maybe they saw something else. I think its possible they just don't want the risk of me coming back to them and saying my wheels fell off because of the shipping damage. Or, they just really want a happy customer

I have no idea if they'll find another white one anywhere, and I'm sticking with the PW color choice. I've had chances at black & silver so far & decided to hold out, so now I'm really fixated on it...

If one exists, I'm sure they can ship it out here in short order. If not...what, a 2010 in March or something???
Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 AM
aldog1330

Damn dude, that sucks. But look at it this way, you'd rather be safe than sorry. It's good that they owned up to it and didn't try to pass on a busted car to you though. Hopefully they can find you a new white one soon!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:48 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

^^^

bout to say the same thing

a red one would do for me depending on the wait time...
Old 09-29-2009, 06:33 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nismolife
Update on the shipping damage:

The Nissan guys are scouring the hills for another Nismo in white for me. I thought the damage was minor, but maybe they saw something else. I think its possible they just don't want the risk of me coming back to them and saying my wheels fell off because of the shipping damage. Or, they just really want a happy customer

I have no idea if they'll find another white one anywhere, and I'm sticking with the PW color choice. I've had chances at black & silver so far & decided to hold out, so now I'm really fixated on it...

If one exists, I'm sure they can ship it out here in short order. If not...what, a 2010 in March or something???
get a new one, you will be better off in the long run....

I like PW and I commend you for holding out, especially if black or silver where my options... I personally might consider red though
Old 09-29-2009, 09:11 AM
nismolife

Originally Posted by Zivman
get a new one, you will be better off in the long run....

I like PW and I commend you for holding out, especially if black or silver where my options... I personally might consider red though
My gut says you are right but my right foot says "Buy it now!" I don't think I have the choice anymore anyway.

I love all the Z colors, but I have an '07 Enthusiast in red, so I wanted something different.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:12 PM
aldog1330

Definitely get the white... the white on a 370Z is the ****.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:08 PM
nismolife

Originally Posted by aldog1330
Definitely get the white... the white on a 370Z is the ****.
Well, for better or worse I'm going back to the dealer tonight to have another look. The Nissan guys are convinced there's nothing damaged other than the easily replaced plastic body kit. They can't find a replacement, so I'd be looking at December. Around here, that means I'd be driving it in March. Maybe an ice-cold dry day in February.

I'm having them rack it up & I'll get some good pics under the car - there's some extra stuff going on under these Nismos anyway, so some pics should be useful.

If I still feel as confident as I did the first time I saw it, I'll probably be bringing it home.

Here's my thinking:

-get it in writing - if any other damage is discovered after the bumper cover is removed, I can trade the car in for a replacement at no expense. This may be a deal breaker, since that puts the liability back on Nissan instead of on me.

-keep the spare parts - the bumper isn't so bad that it couldn't be used by somebody. It would need a little clean up/paint repair, but I could at least sell it.