New Nismo 370Z is an Embarrasment compared to the 350Z - Page 2 - MY350Z.COM Forums



Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #21
Z1NONLY
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Z1NONLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SW Fl
Posts: 6,701
Thanked 93 Times in 59 Posts
Default

I thought I read somewhere that the 370 needed an oil cooler for track use because the ECU would cut power once oil temps got up to a certain point.

I wonder if the oil was too hot once the tires came up to temp.
Z1NONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #22
*Boose*
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
*Boose*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Rapid City, SD Ellsworth AFB
Posts: 1,447
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Everyone complains about the 370Z's brake fade after laps. If only Nissan would go back to the brembo setup.
*Boose* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #23
Spork
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
 
Spork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 27,619
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

At least it beat a Volkswagen.
Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #24
hellsoldiers08
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: san antonio,tx
Posts: 1,520
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

well you got to remember some of the cars above are awd, and not rwd. Yes, sorry for the long as run on :/i do that every once in a while.
hellsoldiers08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #25
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?
iTrader: (1)
 
Hraesvelg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Recliner of Rage
Posts: 36,900
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Is the course more straights or more turns?
Hraesvelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #26
Nexx
Registered User
iTrader: (41)
 
Nexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,657
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

just going by the title of the thead. how is it an embarrasment compared to the 350? am i the only not seeing the 350 on that list?
Nexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #27
hunter6
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Corral de Tierra
Posts: 172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I was shocked myself. I have been following CDs Lightning Lap since they started in 06 (I believe) and have seen them turn pretty consistent times from year to year. If anything they seem to get a little faster as is evidenced by increases in the Vette (same models) times from 06 to 07 (again, if I remember correctly). It's sad that the new Z could only best the 06 DE Z by half a second, but perhaps the "different day, different driver argument" would be a factor here. The real story here IMHO, is the crash. I'm let down that the top of the line performance machine in the 370 range has brakes that completely give out on the track. The reason as stated in the CD issue, Nissan was concerned about brake noise so they put in weak sauce pads.

The consolation prize is the 06 Z is still the leader of LL1 after 4 years.
hunter6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:35 AM   #28
duro78
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ny
Posts: 1,582
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I hate those comp because of all the variables involved not an even playing field
duro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #29
mD2MHK
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: queens NY
Posts: 451
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i want a KTM X-bow, cf goodness
mD2MHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #30
SnyzzleZ
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
 
SnyzzleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 548
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i dont really understand the title???

i think the time and where its ranked is quite embarrassing compared to the other cars its competing with.. however i dont see why its an embarrassment to the nismo 350z?
SnyzzleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #31
KA24DE
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 361
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyzzleZ View Post
i dont really understand the title???

i think the time and where its ranked is quite embarrassing compared to the other cars its competing with.. however i dont see why its an embarrassment to the nismo 350z?
The New 370Z is hardly any faster, and has show itself to be no more competent than the 350Z it replaces, despite costing more. If you don't see any issue with that, I can't help.

FYI, Car and Driver Tested the 06 Revup Track Model, and obtained those lap times. The 370Z, with more power, supposed lighter weight, "track ready" suspension and brakes was only able to knock .5 seconds off the previous 350Z's time, while crashing because of it's shitty brakes.

As it sits, the 370Z is a step back.
KA24DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #32
KA24DE
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 361
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter6 View Post
I was shocked myself. I have been following CDs Lightning Lap since they started in 06 (I believe) and have seen them turn pretty consistent times from year to year. If anything they seem to get a little faster as is evidenced by increases in the Vette (same models) times from 06 to 07 (again, if I remember correctly). It's sad that the new Z could only best the 06 DE Z by half a second, but perhaps the "different day, different driver argument" would be a factor here. The real story here IMHO, is the crash. I'm let down that the top of the line performance machine in the 370 range has brakes that completely give out on the track. The reason as stated in the CD issue, Nissan was concerned about brake noise so they put in weak sauce pads.

The consolation prize is the 06 Z is still the leader of LL1 after 4 years.
If I remember correctly, GM changed the damping on the ZO6's rear shocks, which made it handle better at the limit. These (and a few other tweaks) were enough to have them re-evaluate the Vette and post better lap times.

Though, Nissan did the same to the GT-R for the 2010 model, so I hope we'll be seeing a retest soon.
KA24DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #33
Tac-M
Registered User
iTrader: (17)
 
Tac-M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 2,748
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshe77 View Post
no GT-R

here you go... gtr

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2r-xvHyuTXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2r-xvHyuTXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Tac-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #34
hunter6
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Corral de Tierra
Posts: 172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DE View Post
If I remember correctly, GM changed the damping on the ZO6's rear shocks, which made it handle better at the limit. These (and a few other tweaks) were enough to have them re-evaluate the Vette and post better lap times.

Though, Nissan did the same to the GT-R for the 2010 model, so I hope we'll be seeing a retest soon.
Good call. I dusted off the first two LL issues and discovered that concerning the ZO6 you are correct, there was a revised rear suspension which resulted in better times. For the base Corvette they had issues with a "data" problem with the first run so the return trip yielded better results. I'm no Corvette fan but they do well at this event. The new ZR1 really smoked it this year. They are impressive cars.

I think the fact that the new Camaro lapped better than the Nismo 370 is also damning. I understand the power difference, but really........

Interesting that the Cayman S can lap as quick as the 911.
hunter6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #35
NISMO_558
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
NISMO_558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,002
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyzzleZ View Post
i dont really understand the title???

i think the time and where its ranked is quite embarrassing compared to the other cars its competing with.. however i dont see why its an embarrassment to the nismo 350z?
The NISMO 350z and the NISMO 370z are dead even track cars. The NISMO 370Z has 44 more HP, that's why it's an embarrassment.
NISMO_558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #36
KA24DE
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 361
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter6 View Post
Good call. I dusted off the first two LL issues and discovered that concerning the ZO6 you are correct, there was a revised rear suspension which resulted in better times. For the base Corvette they had issues with a "data" problem with the first run so the return trip yielded better results. I'm no Corvette fan but they do well at this event. The new ZR1 really smoked it this year. They are impressive cars.

I think the fact that the new Camaro lapped better than the Nismo 370 is also damning. I understand the power difference, but really........

Interesting that the Cayman S can lap as quick as the 911.
I didn't read it, but my understanding was it was a confidence issue. The mid engine Cayman felt better, and more balanced at the limit than the rear engine 911 did.

I like the 911 more.
KA24DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #37
KA24DE
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 361
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMO_558 View Post
The NISMO 350z and the NISMO 370z are dead even track cars. The NISMO 370Z has 44 more HP, that's why it's an embarrassment.
For 03-07, Nissan made running changes every year to the Z, changing alignment, better tires, wider tires, more power, better appearance, better refinement, and the result (06-08) were damn good cars that should have been made in the first place. Let's hope the same holds true for the 370Z.
KA24DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #38
NISMO_558
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
NISMO_558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,002
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexx View Post
just going by the title of the thead. how is it an embarrasment compared to the 350? am i the only not seeing the 350 on that list?
Quote:
38. 3:11.0 - 2007 Ford Shelby GT500
39. 3:11.2 - 2007 Audi RS4
40. 3:11.7 - 2007 BMW Z4 M
41. 3:12.0 - 2009 Nissan Nismo 370Z
42. 3:12.5 - 2006 Nissan 350Z Track
43. 3:13.0 - 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbocharged
44. 3:13.3 - 2009 Ford Mustang GT (Track Pack)
45. 3:13.3 - 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
46. 3:13.5 - 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
47. 3:13.7 - 2008 BMW 135i
48. 3:14.0 - 2008 Lexus IS F
49. 3:14.6 - 2008 Audi S5
50. 3:14.8 - 2009 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8
There, happy? and I guess the Nismo 370Z crashed at 130mph after a total brake failure, don't see that happening with the NISMO 350z

Last edited by NISMO_558; 01-03-2010 at 12:55 PM.
NISMO_558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #39
KA24DE
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 361
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...hotopanel..2.*

Nismo 370Z vs 370Z touring.

The 370 is an all around failure, especially the Nismo.
KA24DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #40
KA24DE
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 361
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMO_558 View Post
There, happy? and I guess the Nismo 370Z crashed at 130mph after a total brake failure, don't see that happening with the NISMO 350z
The Nismo 350Z seemed better thought out than the 370Z. Not to mention at 40K doesn't represent any sort of value compared to the other cars it competes with. This is hard considering I love the brand, and I Love the Z cars. I just wish they took time to make this the car is could have been.
KA24DE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 370z 18" wheels on my 350z RiujinZero Wheels & Tires 14 01-26-2016 12:34 PM
Motordyne Parts Fitments & Differences? _koubie_ VQ35HR 5 11-09-2015 04:39 PM
Motordyne? _koubie_ Engine & Drivetrain 5 09-20-2015 06:34 PM


Tags
2010, 350z, 370z, brake, date, failure, february, lap, lightning, nismo, problems, release, stillen, supercharger, times, vir

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MY350Z.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send