Please read! ADVISE?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Bwicked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please read! ADVISE?

Sigh I Need ADvise/help

Current mods : Headers, test pipes, Y-pipe, UD pullies

I'm recieving my ZEX nitrous kit in within 15 hours lol. MY main concern is a GOOD tune.

I don't want to spend $900+ on UTEC right now, plus dyno time.

I want this car to be tuned perfect for the nitrous so its safe, but i hear ill lose 5-10 hp on NA if i dont use the nitrous...

Do I just get it dyno tuned?? $300 lose hp NA

Is there a chip or programmer out thier besides UTEC thats cheap, that I can at least change the TIMING in the car when I want? or edit other things?

When I had my 2003 cobra There was a DIABLO tuner u could buy for $200 used or 400 new, and u could change timing, lean it out or richen, rpm limit, traction control etc... Anything similiar?!? pleaseI need to know . i want to go to the track to see the difference!
Old 07-14-2006, 05:11 AM
rico3682

I have been talking to Noah at AAM. They have a special right now on their ecu reflash. It is not adjustable/tunable, but it will make the most out of your modded Z. He said it would make my Z run better NA as well as on the bottle. They do not advance the timing at all. Modded Z's suposedly run slightly rich, so he said the reflash adjusts the fuel maps and such to make it run smoother and safer, which will be better for nitrous anyways. I recently had my Z dynod on and off the bottle. In line with what Noah said, my Z was slightly lean NA but my car had perfect AF on the bottle due to correct nitrous and fuel jets. I am thinking about getting the AAM reflash for better power delivery NA and bottle fed. Hard to say no when they are running a special
Old 07-14-2006, 05:19 AM
rico3682

-PM from Noah@AAM when I asked about their reflash on my nitrous Z

With your bolt-ons, the factory 350Z runs very lean without tuning. Through improving the fuel maps and fuel learning map of the factory ECU we are able to gain significant power and make sure the ECU does not lean out your air-fuel ratio randomly anymore. This greatly increases reliability with a power adder such as Nitrous.

We will not modify the main timing map (advancing the timing is not necessary or safe with Nitrous) but your reliability will great improve becasue we will rewrite the advanced timing map. The 350Z has a third timing map which the computer can choose to run. The leading cause of bent rods is due to this advanced timing map -- it will make the car run too much timing for any turbocharged/supercharged/nitrous VQ35. We rewrite the advanced timing map with timing values very similar to the regular timing map. So, if the factory ECU decides to run the advanced timing map, our coding will tell it to run the same timing as the normal timing map.

Its also important to note that the increased rev-limit will decrease the times a you may hit the rev limiter with a power adder. This further increases reliability.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Bwicked

Hmm when I called AAM the tech thier said I'd like 5-10 hp because the tune cant support both the way it should. retarding my timing for the nitrous would help the nitrous, bt when imi not using it, my car is still retarded some degress and would hurt NA performance?? thus me asking here lol.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:42 PM
350Z_LEE

hmm i am having a lot of the same questions. I want n20 setup, but i may end up getting headers and e manage and getting a tune, then getting spray. Still unsure at this point as to what would be the best way to go.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:48 PM
punish_her

this may help:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ghlight=cipher you need a lap top though.