Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Venom VCN-1000 in an 06 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 11:30 AM
MasterNele03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom VCN-1000 in an 06 350Z

Hello everyone, new to the forum, I wanted to recieve some feedback on putting a Venom VCN-1000 kit into an 06 350z, I've read and seen that most people are using the Zex wet kit and the NX wet kit. This Venom kit is a dry kit though but it is used for cars without a return fuel line like our 350z. I just wanted some input because it does manage the A/F ratio but using the stock injectors and putting more fuel through the injectors rather than the fuel pressure regulator like most dry kits do. It also has a nitrous cut off if the A/f is too lean to prevent engine failure. So i'm not sure if it's a good idea or not b/c it seemed that it would work I'm just not sure how well compared to the others kits I mean no one wants there new 350z to blow. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:48 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not use a dry kit. If you are going to do nitrous do it right. Get either a NX, ZEX, or NOS kit. NX is probably the best kit, then zex, then NOS.

PM audiblemayhem (Jeremy), he can hook you up with a great deal.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 97supratt
Do not use a dry kit. If you are going to do nitrous do it right. Get either a NX, ZEX, or NOS kit. NX is probably the best kit, then zex, then NOS.

PM audiblemayhem (Jeremy), he can hook you up with a great deal.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:51 PM
striker27

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When we were still racing in the early 2000-2004 we only used a dry kit. It would use the stand alone DFI to add fuel through the injectors. Of course it was a FI big block nitrous car but the same principles could work on a Z. I am sure with a F con you could work out a system that the injectors would add the correct amount of fuel when on the spray. It is a better way to nitrous into a intake system.

It seems alot of people on here dont like to go out on a limb and try new stuff. I think that almost all the nitrous kits are of decent quality it seems the installs are where things go wrong.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:41 PM
97supratt

Originally Posted by striker27
When we were still racing in the early 2000-2004 we only used a dry kit. It would use the stand alone DFI to add fuel through the injectors. Of course it was a FI big block nitrous car but the same principles could work on a Z. I am sure with a F con you could work out a system that the injectors would add the correct amount of fuel when on the spray. It is a better way to nitrous into a intake system.

It seems alot of people on here dont like to go out on a limb and try new stuff. I think that almost all the nitrous kits are of decent quality it seems the installs are where things go wrong.

Adding fuel is not that easy. You need to understand the nissan ecu's will over ride whatever system you throw at it unless it is a UTEC, e-manage or standalone.

If you were to get a standalone, you might as well spend $100 more and get a wet system. It makes no sense to increase your stock injector duty cycle just because you want to run a dry kit.

If you want to do nitrous, do it right.

BTW I am selling my zex wet kit, I have 75 -100 -125 shot jets.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

EDIT: forgot your quote
Originally Posted by striker27

dry kits are obsolete man. This is not daddy's 350 or 454....imports are much different....especially with nitrous. Other ppl have used dry kits on this board....and disregarded the advise of other members (including myself), experiencing knock and not getting the power promised by the manufacturers. One guy in particular stands out....he used the Edlebrock kit, dyno'd it...didn't put sh*t down for numbers....ran into all kinds of problems and Eldebrock tech support was no help. Then, after going through all we said would happen....he swapped parts for a NX WET KIT. Don't make me tell another person I told you so when it comes to nitrous.....I'm old man...hense the name...been doing the car thing for a loooong time....so some of us know what we're talkin about. 97SupraTT, Audible Mayhem, myself and few others are the nitrous lovers around here....we won't steer you wrong!!!

Last edited by Old School; 12-14-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:04 PM
97supratt

Jeremy (Audiblemayhem) is the king of nitrous. He will agree that you should get a wet kit only for the Z. Dry kits are old technology that shouldn't be used with these new OBDII type ecu's, especially nissan ecu's.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:27 PM
MasterNele03

that's what i figured, I got the kit for free and i mean hey if u can get something for free why not use it but from all the readings and comments I've read the NX wet seems to be the best I just figured I'd ask to see if I could do it with the most efficiency reguarding horsepower and reliability that won't make it go boom.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:40 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

is there a Venom VCN-1000 kit for the Z? i thougth they were made car specific?
Old 12-14-2006, 09:43 PM
MasterNele03

they are and yes i have the one for the Z I got for free from a friend who couldnt handle the payments and got a cobalt SS lol, anyways he just bought a wet kit for the cobalt and he had no use for this kit anymore. So I figured that if I could make it work I'd use it but everyone seems to be telling me otherwise so idk.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:00 PM
jetstar15

sell the kit on ebay let some honda ricer blow their engine and use the money to save up for a wet kit! problem solved.... that will be $10
Old 12-14-2006, 10:08 PM
striker27

I would gladly take this crappy kit off your hands.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:37 PM
MasterNele03

how much you willing to pay for it
Old 12-15-2006, 12:59 AM
striker27

You got it for free and it is a ****ty kit and all. What do you want for the crappy kit then???
Old 12-15-2006, 03:50 AM
MasterNele03

Make an offer it's not that bad it's just like a wet kit it just doesn't mix the fuel with the nitrous, instead it reads the A/F ratio by connecting to the O2 sensor and through that it sends the proper amount of N2o so like a wet kit it never runs to rick or lean the only difference is that you don't have to tap into the fuel line to get the fuel to mix with the nitrous. It's much different than other dry kits.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:40 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Venon is a good kit...they have alot of features...so its not really crappy...just not good for the Z. Plus it has more power limitations from being a dry kit.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:57 AM
MasterNele03

well for now all I want to do is run s 50 shot or a 75 shot i don't think I'm going to want more than that for now I just want to know if it would be an okay choice b/c I did get it for free and b/c it's made for a return-less fuel system I thought I'd be able to use it I mean I was planning on upgrading the fuel system instead of buying a new kit plus it itself is a good investment but I'm not sure b/c now I have some that says go for it and some that say get a wet kit
Old 12-15-2006, 05:22 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Originally Posted by MasterNele03
well for now all I want to do is run s 50 shot or a 75 shot i don't think I'm going to want more than that for now I just want to know if it would be an okay choice b/c I did get it for free and b/c it's made for a return-less fuel system I thought I'd be able to use it I mean I was planning on upgrading the fuel system instead of buying a new kit plus it itself is a good investment but I'm not sure b/c now I have some that says go for it and some that say get a wet kit

did we fail english? its very hard to read when you don't separate your sentences. You won't feel a 50 shot.....75 feels weak. 100 is good. 150 rocks. Sell that thing on ebay and buy an NX wet kit. Regardless if they say its designed for a returnless fuel system. The Z is different...trust me. It does have a returnless fuel system, but dry system just dont work good the Z.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:37 AM
drap660

Ditch the Venom kit and pm the King of nitrous "audiblemayhem" AKA Jeremy... This guy is the real deal... I got my complete NX setup from him at a great price and the quality and reliability of the kit is untouchable
Old 12-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Originally Posted by drap660
Ditch the Venom kit and pm the King of nitrous "audiblemayhem" AKA Jeremy... This guy is the real deal... I got my complete NX setup from him at a great price and the quality and reliability of the kit is untouchable

Jeremy is the QUEEN of nitrous....I am the KING!!! hahahaha jk

Quick Reply: Venom VCN-1000 in an 06 350Z