Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

i'm soo pissed off nitrous thread..Now soo happy....Continued.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:02 AM
cipher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up i'm soo pissed off nitrous thread..Now soo happy....Continued.

Ok so as you guys know i previously bought a zex wet kit wIth most of the neccessay parts like colder plugs, window switch. i installed the kit proffesionally and took it out for a test run with 700 psi...and as you know i was very pissed off cuz it didn't feel like nitrous.

After asking people on the forum, which were very helpful, i invested in a bottle heater and now i finally installed it and took it out for a test run yesterday.

Oh GOD, this stuff is amazing, i only have the 75 shot nozzle in my car, but i went on the highway to test it out. i first tried it in 2nd gear with my buddy and i had it around 3800k rpm, i flipped the arming switch and punched it. The car pulled hard, i felt a kick in the seat and my spedometer was climbing like it was turbo. i went for 40mph to 70mph in like 2 seconds (estimation). it makes such a difference.

Now i tried it in 3rd to 4th gear. i put it around 3800k again and this time it pulled even harder, all i can say is the torque is really up there. this is the main gear for the 350z, It feels sooooo good!!. 40mph to 100mph in like 4 seconds (estimation). All i could think of was this is the best investment for $1000 installed.

I am soo addicted to nitrous right now, i have the bottle installed in the trunk of my car, so on weekends i usually just open the bottle when i cruise and and keep it in my lines so i can have some fun on the open road.

By the way, my current psi on the bottle is exactly 925psi, i wish it would go up to 1050psi becasue on hot day, the psi reached 1000 and i felt a better punch from 1000 than 925psi. The problem is that i have a zex bottle warmer, and it is temp controlled so it shuts off at 925psi, if the temp gets lower it heats up again and keeps pressure at 925psi.

Next up: 100 shot jets, i know i wanted to be safe with a 75, but i think i can do 100shot safely, I'm guessing as long as i spray 2-3x on weekends i should be good, but i'm still debating on it. don't want to mess anything up.

Problems: the only problem that i have right now is that when i'm on the open road i sometimes want to spray to feel some true power; however, it seems that everytime i have the urge the bottle is closed and i have to pull over to the side of the road and open the bottle. i'm thinking of getting a remote bottle opener, but i've heard issues of n20 leaks.

questions: some questions i have is that if i open my nitrous bottle before a cruise can i just keep the nitrous in my lines overnight or do i have to take it out of the lines? also, when the nitrous is in the lines for about 20 mins, does the bottle warmer keep the n20 in the lines at proper psi or is it only in the bottle? can i keep the bottle open all day and just close it at night?...i don't think that is safe but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Bottom line: THE BEST MOD I HAVE EVER DONE TO MY CAR FOR $1000 INSTALLED AND IMPRESSIVE HP GAINS. I FEEL SO CONFIDENT ON THE ROAD AND I'M ADDICTED TO NITROUS.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP YOU GUYS, I REALLY NEEDED IT AND APPRECIATE IT.

Just in!! i put the 100 shot jets in, All i have to say is WOW. I really got sucked into the seat and i know i;m pushing around 400 whp.

Last edited by cipher; 09-18-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That definitely sounds worth it.

If I could get away with it in california, I would.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:27 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

poor cali people, cant have any fun....

get a bottle warmer and remote opener.

just dont leave the bottle open over night, good nitrous will leak out.

open the bottle whenever you are going to leave. then you dont have to worry about it...
Old 04-30-2007, 06:26 AM
fastGkid

that sounds like a great mod. i've been debating on if i want to get a nitrous kit or not.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:21 AM
skwid

I have a remote opener and it's working out great. Flip a switch... It opens, tap the purge a few times and I am ready. Oh, I also have to switch my UTEC into the correct map but I have the remote map selector.

Just takes a sec and your ready to spray.

Cipher... How much are you paying in IL per lb?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 AM
cipher

thanks guys, i am paying $3.75 per lb. it comes out to about $37 for a full bottle. ok so i am just going to leave the bottle open before i go anywhere, so the nitrous won't leak out if i keep it in my lines all day right?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:56 PM
doc10374

$5/lb in San Antonio!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Tom's_Z

As far as I'm aware, keeping the bottle open all day will make you go thru a bottle more quickly, since it leaks out of the lines, albeit very slowly. If you happen to keep the bottle open overnight, you will lose some nitrous. You should probably purge the lines before leaving the car overnight, but if you don't, it shouldn't matter much, because the lines will slowly leak it out.

Lastly, my Zex kit also had PSI at about 900 consistently. When the TPS circuit inside fried, I ran the soleniods directly to a mechanical WOT switch. Now my bottle pressure goes to a steady 1025 - a big difference! Don't know the reason why, but I'm guessing the circuit board limited bottle pressure in some way?

A bottle opener is an excellent investment if you like to fool around a bit, so I would definitely go for it. Then you can spray on demand!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:17 PM
nosser

Originally Posted by cipher
Bottom line: THE BEST MOD I HAVE EVER DONE TO MY CAR FOR $1000 INSTALLED AND IMPRESSIVE HP GAINS. I FEEL SO CONFIDENT ON THE ROAD AND I'M ADDICTED TO NITROUS.
Glad to hear it!! 100 shot does feel good, and it is addicting. my psi hover around 960.

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
That definitely sounds worth it.

If I could get away with it in california, I would.
you must do, what must be done... haha a gym bag, remote bottle opener and a purge that shoots down near the test pipes and your good.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:18 PM
cipher

unfortunatly i don't think my sensor is going to fry anytime soon. i don't know what to do. maybe the zex warmer has a sensor and i can just put a wet towel on it to have it make my bottle warmer. i am now in the process of getting a bottle opener.

Last edited by cipher; 02-22-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by nosser
Glad to hear it!! 100 shot does feel good, and it is addicting. my psi hover around 960.

you must do, what must be done... haha a gym bag, remote bottle opener and a purge that shoots down near the test pipes and your good.

lol Or a completely hidden system in the sub location behind the seat, and use the brake fluid res area for the solenoids, tap the bottom of the neck of the plenum for the spray...
Old 04-30-2007, 07:29 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fluid1
lol Or a completely hidden system in the sub location behind the seat, and use the brake fluid res area for the solenoids, tap the bottom of the neck of the plenum for the spray...
That's the plan for me.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:07 PM
cipher

does it matter what type of opener i should get. I have a zex kit so i was thinking of going with the zex opener. i don't wanna buy something that not going close my bottle 100%. is there any difference versus the NX opener. Also, how can i make my bottle heater stay on, intead of automatically turning off, it shuts off at 900psi, i would like it to go to 1000psi.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Integrity
Banned

I hated wasting the nitrous in my lines every time I put the car away, so what I do is close the bottle then spary it once to use up whats in the lines.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
D'sNuts

wate you cant have Nos in Cali? srry no2 noob
Old 02-22-2009, 09:14 PM
cipher

really, sucks then for cali residents
Old 03-02-2009, 04:47 PM
QNman

Originally Posted by cipher
...also, when the nitrous is in the lines for about 20 mins, does the bottle warmer keep the n20 in the lines at proper psi or is it only in the bottle?
Thanks for the info on adding a bottle! When the warranty expires...

I'll answer the above question. Not from any specific knowledge of Nitrous systems, but simply from working with other gases for a living...

Whatever the pressure in the bottle, if there is no physical restriction between the line and the bottle (IOW if the valve is open), the pressures will remain equalized.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:37 PM
powermark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the shot is rated at 950 PSI, if you go above that, it WILL increase the power shot AND it WILL lean out your mixture. On my 700hp motor, 100 PSI made a difference of .75 AFR and 25 HP, do NOT exceed the recommended bottle pressure!

With the line hooked up and the bottle on, the nitrous will warm up in the line, which is the opposite of what you want, get a purge for the max amount of cold nitrous

I do not recommend people to leave their lines filled overnight. 950 PSI of bottle pressure sitting against the solenoids is not a good idea.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:24 PM
n2oHRZ

I have my Dynotune 125 jets in, i really havent sprayed much. I have only sprayed it maybe 5-6 times and it was all testing.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:55 PM
cipher

GL!

Quick Reply: i'm soo pissed off nitrous thread..Now soo happy....Continued.