Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Utec and NItrous?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:53 PM
zmedic16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Utec and NItrous?

ok i have my utec and map sensor.... im looking towards the dynotune nitrous kit....
ok guys i need ur help and advise from the nitrous gurus here.
im planning a sweet setup of 100-125 shot tuned to my utec.
anything from this list missing or not nessesary.. how would my utec control these components?
my plans are to have my map1 n.a tune, map 2 nitrous tune...
please put in some inputs....
another question is would i still ned a tps switch? and arming switch???? im a nitrous noob(flame suit on)

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=88 (Center control)
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=259 (dynotune nitrous kit)
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=105 (tps switch)
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=24 (purge kit)
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=99 (bottle heater)
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=67 (not nessesary but a neat tool not to blow ur engine under lean conditions)
Old 10-18-2007, 06:09 PM
RebelinRI
Banned

Hey. From my sig. you cab see my answer. If your tuner knows about the Utec, you won't need the window switch unless you want to lock out a gear. As for arming, you're good to go with the switch center. You need a blow down kit if you want to 1/4 mile it, at least up here it's like that. If you can hang on, I just sponsored the site and will offer Dynotune products and an even better price than you see on their website. You love the product even more than the price!!! Stay safe.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:24 PM
zmedic16

Originally Posted by RebelinRI
Hey. From my sig. you cab see my answer. If your tuner knows about the Utec, you won't need the window switch unless you want to lock out a gear. As for arming, you're good to go with the switch center. You need a blow down kit if you want to 1/4 mile it, at least up here it's like that. If you can hang on, I just sponsored the site and will offer Dynotune products and an even better price than you see on their website. You love the product even more than the price!!! Stay safe.
oh awsome... this is going to be my christmass gift lol from my girlfriend =).
so the gear lock out its not a bad idea.... even tho around here most runs are from a roll. but it would be ultimatly nice to lock out first gear on a 125 shot. im fortunate to have 2 great tuners here in new york... julian from mrc and Junior formely from ics... now at "the shop" in ct. question for u my friend is what "shot" do u use for ur numbers...
Old 10-18-2007, 06:36 PM
RebelinRI
Banned

I heard Julian doesn't play with Nitrous. The switch I believe is suppose to know what gear you're in, so it won't skip the first cycle. So if you're in 3rd, it's not going to wait till 4th to turn the nitrous on. I'll confirm for sure for you. As for my shot......... I have a little under 125 shot. I messed up when I grabbed the jets, but I had a damn fine tuner in JT. I actually had 370/420 but a little spike didn't sit well with JT so we turned it down. Real cool your G/F is buying you a Christmas gift like this. She have a sister?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:38 PM
jksstar

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

what do you need a map sensor for?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:52 PM
zmedic16

map sensor to switch from n.a tune to nitrous tune. i spoke to julian he is not a fan of nitrous... when i went to his shop there were a couple of peices of a motor that blew on nitrous in his shop stuck on the ceiling... heads up for who ever wants an aps tt tuner kit julian got the best damn prices i have ever seened.

anyways back to topic... on ur tune u got timing pulled at the top of ur rpm to take out that extra torque spike? soooo pretty much this kit is complete...... all under 900 bucks... i know a couple of people that are pretty handy so the install cant be tough as long as this thing brings good instructions. il probably end up doing walk thru of the install.

and yes my girl does have a sis but she doesnt have a job and has 2 kids .... i wouldnt take it there .... lol

Last edited by zmedic16; 10-18-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:56 PM
jksstar

Originally Posted by zmedic16
map sensor to switch from n.a tune to nitrous tune.
you mean a Map Switch like this
http://www.performancefactory.com/st...d1739b27b08753

not a map sensor http://www.performancefactory.com/st...d1739b27b08753
Old 10-18-2007, 07:02 PM
jksstar

map sensor to switch from n.a tune to nitrous tune. i spoke to julian he is not a fan of nitrous... when i went to his shop there were a couple of peices of a motor that blew on nitrous in his shop stuck on the ceiling... heads up for who ever wants an aps tt tuner kit julian got the best damn prices i have ever seened.

anyways back to topic... on ur tune u got timing pulled at the top of ur rpm to take out that extra torque spike?
did a motor blow on the dyno? How would parts of the motor end up in the ceiling?

I had Performance Factory tune my car so I can't help with that.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:10 PM
zmedic16

lol sorrry for the confusion its a "map switch" thanks. soooo this setup is complete????????? i dont need NOTHING else but a tune????

Last edited by zmedic16; 10-18-2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:17 PM
RebelinRI
Banned

Originally Posted by jksstar
did a motor blow on the dyno? How would parts of the motor end up in the ceiling?
From what I was told/remember, the noz solenoid was leaking and J went to start the car and........................... That will start your day!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
jksstar

lol sorrry for the confusion its a "map switch" thanks. soooo this setup is complete????????? i dont need NOTHING else but a tune????

looks like a good setup only thing I see you will need is some more jets, looks like the kit only comes with jets for small shots
Old 10-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah julian didnt install that nitrous on that car, it was a customer who brought the kit to him already installed with a leaking nitrous solenoid.

it made a mess though and VERY dangerous when install wrong...

let jules chime in maybe with some pics!!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:23 AM
zmedic16

yeah, julian is a straight up dude.. he said i can addicted to this n2o thing and be blowing by bottles weekly...
Old 10-19-2007, 09:50 AM
RebelinRI
Banned

he said i can addicted to this n2o thing and be blowing by bottles weekly...
And he meant the car usage not you. This isn't the late 60's you know.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:18 AM
zmedic16

rebelinir.... awsome input on this thread... ur deal on the dynotune equip is awsome.... im definetly getting this kit to keep up with all the turbo guys from tsz33, and punish a couple of local evos that been tauntin me for a while.... they wont know what hit em lol unless they all pulling 400+whp wich is unlikeley.

Last edited by zmedic16; 10-19-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:15 PM
one350zfan

rebelinir.... awsome input on this thread... ur deal on the dynotune equip is awsome.... im definetly getting this kit to keep up with all the turbo guys from tsz33, and punish a couple of local evos that been tauntin me for a while.... they wont know what hit em lol unless they all pulling 400+whp wich is unlikeley.
If you can drive and have good tires you will laugh at most evo's and Turbo'd Z's that aren't built...
Old 10-19-2007, 01:30 PM
zmedic16

Originally Posted by one350zfan
If you can drive and have good tires you will laugh at most evo's and Turbo'd Z's that aren't built...
my wheels are racing sparcos nso6 cheetah. 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 +18 offsets wraped with KDW2'S 255 in the front 285 35 19 in the back. my launching sucks lol no lsd ftl!

Last edited by zmedic16; 10-19-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Luck with your build Kid. Putting the UTEC in was a snap. Let me know when you get the spacers and I can help you complete the install using the proper bracket mounts.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 PM
zmedic16

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Good Luck with your build Kid. Putting the UTEC in was a snap. Let me know when you get the spacers and I can help you complete the install using the proper bracket mounts.
THANKS!!!!!! for who ever doesnt know ^ this person he is the guy that built his own engine and put it in by himself! he earned his name as "mr do it yourself". pays amazing attention to detail.... i would rather him do the install of any of my performance mods than any shop here...

im aiming to be a little different..
Old 10-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by RebelinRI
I heard Julian doesn't play with Nitrous.
Not so much that I dont play with N20, I just am very weary of it.Remembr nitrous is a liquid gas of sorts, and can act VERY unpredictable at times. The instant ON/OFF power it provides is awesome on a race car with an expendable budget. However on a daily driver the effects can be VERY harsh. Something like the equivilent of a grown man smacking a 10lb sledge hammer on the top of your piston. Turbos and Superchargers are a bit more predictable and reliable in my opinion and experiences.
Not to say N20 is not a great substance for the track, but thats where it needs to be left. something about driving around the city streets with a 15lb bottle of pressurized substance a few feet from my head makes me scared.
I do sell and install N2O, however I make the customers fully understand the possible adverse effects prior to making a choice to spray..

Quick Reply: Utec and NItrous?