Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Need HP now...2 stage 150 shot?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 AM
HarleyDobbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryd87
i smelled troll and came running, so troll how about clutch, tires, the add ons that dont come with the kit, tune for nitrous? gotta drop timing for that much unless you like risking your engine then go for it. 2.5k HA i had that much invested for a proper nitrous kit on my camaro where i dint have to do anything to a computer so have fun with that i wanna see receipts you did it that cheap. it might be cheaper then a turbo but theres more to it then buying a nitrous kit and throwing it on.

reading your posts im guessing your no more then 12 though because you have a identical speech pattern to my 12 year old sister. i guess the little kid realized that no one would buy there bs in the FI forum and moved here.
Yep you're right. I'm a 12...11.5 when its cold outside...ask your wife/girlfriend...she knows I'm a 12 where it counts

Last edited by HarleyDobbs; 11-14-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Old Rice

Originally Posted by HarleyDobbs
Thanks man I greatly appreciate it! I'll check out that site and see what they can do for me.
If you call them ask for either Dave (owner) or Chris. Much knowledge there. Keep in mind that they may not know specifics about our Z's since they cater to V8 F-body, LS(x) crowd.

They also do DP blueprinting services and may even custom port a solution for you. I have been very very happy with them product and customer service\tech side of things.

Also my single nozzle setup with UPREV tune, fuel pressure cutoff, xtra hose lengths/fittings, NOS prog contrlr, purge, NANO.....ran me $3200 completed. I layed it out and installed everything myself except labor for wiring\relays etc.

Good luck.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 PM
2bad240

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I used to run a 2 stage 150 shot on my car before the dp setup. I had a 125wet single fogger on a wot switch and a 25 dry single fogger on a button and ran that on stock tune for almost a year. with all my changes and upgrades to my nitrous setup I may on a high estimate have $1400 in it. including injectors. but not including price of uprev.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:01 PM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by 2bad240
I used to run a 2 stage 150 shot on my car before the dp setup. I had a 125wet single fogger on a wot switch and a 25 dry single fogger on a button and ran that on stock tune for almost a year. with all my changes and upgrades to my nitrous setup I may on a high estimate have $1400 in it. including injectors. but not including price of uprev.
That's what I like to hear!!! I'm an gonna PM you shortly on your dp set up because I'm going to head that direction since I plan to go bigger later and based on my reading appears to be safer.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:02 PM
CLyons0203

Anything bigger than a 150 I would run a direct port. I would get a manifold with like the kinetix with direct port bungs already in it.

I run a straight 150 shot, no fancy progressive controller, no direct port, no window switch.

I run it off the MODE button on my steering wheel. Arm system, floor car, press mode..........she goes.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

what kinetix intake has direct port bungs in it? because definitely not the one i have which is the newest version.
Originally Posted by CLyons0203
Anything bigger than a 150 I would run a direct port. I would get a manifold with like the kinetix with direct port bungs already in it.

I run a straight 150 shot, no fancy progressive controller, no direct port, no window switch.

I run it off the MODE button on my steering wheel. Arm system, floor car, press mode..........she goes.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 PM
CLyons0203

Originally Posted by jerryd87
what kinetix intake has direct port bungs in it? because definitely not the one i have which is the newest version.
I meant a manifold like kinetix, shape and design wise, that has bungs. there is one that was being made. it didnt make any power na, but it was tapped already for direct port
Old 11-15-2012, 05:22 AM
HarleyDobbs

Originally Posted by CLyons0203

I wish I could but I have an HR and kinetix doesn't make an intake for the HR I believe...anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I actually tried to find a manifold with the bungs already in it but haven't been too successful to date.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:34 PM
PeterPotatoes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good lord, i stopped reading before the end of the first page with all the bickering. It's REALLY simple. When you're going to pay someone a buch of money to do a install and tune you dont come onto a forum for questions. You pick the brain of the guy doing the install... that's what you're paying for. You can go ahead snd buy a cheap kit (money isnt a problem... huh) but when you meet the best guy in town to do your work he is going to tell you he doesnt like half the stuff you bought. So the first thing you should do is find a tuner/installer and let him tell you what you should buy for him to feel comfortable.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:40 PM
TempestZ

Originally Posted by HarleyDobbs
I wish I could but I have an HR and kinetix doesn't make an intake for the HR I believe...anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I actually tried to find a manifold with the bungs already in it but haven't been too successful to date.
If im not mistaken, I believe that SFR makes an HR Intake manifold that they will make the bungs for Direct port nitrous for you. But, it is a pretty penny. i think its somewhere around $3k

http://www.speedforceracing.com/index.php?productID=849
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 PM
!Z!

To be honest with you man there is a video on youtube where a guy has a HR 6speed and he raced a 302 12' and beat it and the Z was only on a 75shot. But its like that man. Your already down about 135hp already and those BOSS mustangs are a little underrated. I dont think you need a 150shot to beat him but a 100shot with a good tune and bolt ons should do it. Just dont go out and do a top end run nitrous and top end gears at low RPMs dont get along. And use nitrous to go a little faster not to win. I seen nitrous fail more when ppl try to make a 14sec car run a 10 with just nitrous. So use it be smart and have a reasonable goal.

Last edited by !Z!; 11-20-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 AM
rtiid22

Lol that's me. For the record it's a 100 shot, about 80 to the wheels.. Once they get basic breather mods they pull be about a car.. so 150 shot would do the job for the OP's purpose.