Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Fuel solenoid on nitrous kit stuck...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 09:00 AM
!Z!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel solenoid on nitrous kit stuck...

So i just got a 75shot brand new DynoTune Nitrous kit but on my 2007 350z. My installer isnt a rookie to installing nitrous kits so im sure this isnt his fail. After the kit was installed i turned the bottle on and the pressure was 750 which is low so i turned it back off but i wanted to clear the lines out and i dont have a purge valve so i had to go out and spray it to get the line out. When i took then car for a test drive it died out for a second which was the air in the line then it hit for a second then when back to normal accelaration. After that i notice the ideal was rough and it was spitting and smelling rich. So i was gonna take it out to get the gas off of the plugs cause i did spray it 3 times 2 being no nitrous just fuel. When i pulled out the drive way i notice a hug puddle of gas under the car when i popped the hood i notice gas right under my passanger side air box. After removing both filters i notice the fuel was on both filters and i can hear a small leak at nozzles.

I asked the installed did he purge the fuel and nitrous before hooking it to the car he said he purged the fuel but not the nitrous. So my questions to you guess is should i take his word or just take the car to someone else and let them either change that fuel solenoid or take that one apart and see if trash is in it?
Old 11-22-2012, 01:17 PM
CLyons0203

Just buy a fuel solenoid and install it yourself. Test the solenoid out buy connecting it to positive and a ground, u should hear a click, only do this once or twice because it is easy to burn the solenoid out. (fuel and nitrous cool the solenoids).

U can clean ur old one out, but I wouldnt trust it.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:18 PM
!Z!

Come to find out the fuel solenoid was full of shavings due to the crappy install of the guy that put the kit on the car. So I cleaned it and then check the plunger and etc for any damage and everything looked fine so now that it is back together it works fine.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:05 AM
juicinjake

jeez... u got lucky dude. had that happened on the nitrous solenoid this would have been a horror story... and you'd be buying a new motor. this should teach you a lesson about the value of turning your own wrenches

im glad u got everything worked out!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:52 PM
!Z!

Yea I am a college student and had alot going on tat week and I was told he was really good. But later in the day the nitrous line was hanging cause he didn't use anything to hold it in place....

Originally Posted by juicinjake
jeez... u got lucky dude. had that happened on the nitrous solenoid this would have been a horror story... and you'd be buying a new motor. this should teach you a lesson about the value of turning your own wrenches

im glad u got everything worked out!