Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Who sells the cheapest nitrous kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 12:16 PM
fluidz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Anthony Mantovani
Is it safe to say I won't need a dyno to check A/F ratios as long as I am running a 75 shot? But if I go to 100-150 than I should get one?
You should always check A/F no matter how big a shot you use. Go buy a AEM Wideband, cost $500.00 then you dont need to keep going back to the dyno everytime you d*ck with ur jets. You asked about plugs, the answer is yes esp with a 75+shot..........55/65 shot you can get away with OEM plugs......Good luck man

Last thing after 75rwhp I would start to retard ur timing or your motor could boom
Attached Thumbnails Who sells the cheapest nitrous kits-aem.jpg  
Old 04-13-2004, 02:36 PM
MySunset350Z

with nitrous, nothing is safe unless you make sure man. i'd dyno at a 50 shot and then go up to a 75 shot if i were you. i might be too carefull, but i cant afford a blown up engine. the $100 or so extra for a dyno are worth the piece of mind.

i did change the plugs for my 75 shot. i used the ngk 1 step colder copper plugs. i sold those a while back. i have 2 step colder denso irridiums in the engine now. thats because im planning on moving up to a 125 shot within the next week or 2. but you do need 1 step colder for a 75 shot. 100+ shot and you should start thinking about 2 step colder. dont get platinum plugs. either copper or irridium for nitrous use.

nx kits dont requre time retarding unless your going direct port.

Last edited by MySunset350Z; 04-13-2004 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Anthony Mantovani

Thanks guys for all the help and info, its much appreciated, I'll keep you posted on how things work out, I won't be able to get it installed until May. They are swamped with work. I was hoping to have it installed for Atco on April 25, but seems as though I'll be there with a stock Z...oh well, it should be fun anyway. BTW what times can I expect with a 75 shot...my guess would be a very low 13 at around 110mph...could this setup get the Z in the 12's? I wouldn't think so... what times were you running with this kit.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:01 PM
fluidz

Originally posted by MySunset350Z
with nitrous, nothing is safe unless you make sure man. i'd dyno at a 50 shot and then go up to a 75 shot if i were you. i might be too carefull, but i cant afford a blown up engine. the $100 or so extra for a dyno are worth the piece of mind.

i did change the plugs for my 75 shot. i used the ngk 1 step colder copper plugs. i sold those a while back. i have 2 step colder denso irridiums in the engine now. thats because im planning on moving up to a 125 shot within the next week or 2. but you do need 1 step colder for a 75 shot. 100+ shot and you should start thinking about 2 step colder. dont get platinum plugs. either copper or irridium for nitrous use.

nx kits dont requre time retarding unless your going direct port.
mysunset350.....i am sorry to keep correcting you but man I have to again on this one.....sorry I just have to say it, dont get mad, but..........you mention "the nx kits dont require timing adjustments" can you explain the difference between NX, ZEX, NOS, etc....even VORTECH or PROCHARGER.........Its not about the name of the brand when it comes to timing adjustments, its about DETONATION........ the only thing that matters is how hot the combustion chamber gets and if it pre-ignites. The point is with more HP being produced the hotter the combustion is. With over a 75rwhp shot, if you are not retarding timing at 5,500RPM+ you are flirting with disaster......sure you have 2 step colder plugs, great.......but thats not enough........ and 75rwhp using a wet kit is the same thing as 75rwhp using direct port, "75rwhp" is the same temprature in the combustion chamber..........the way you talk about A/F ratios and timing I'd be concerned. PEAS!!! Hope this info helps.......hey have you ever talked to 12secZ..........I met him in person and I'd recommend you talk to him, he is very smart.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:34 PM
MySunset350Z

check your pms anthony.

the reason why i speak of nx and not other nitrous brands is because i have never dealt with other brands. for one, zex has a control box. i have no idea whats its for, thats why i dont talk about zex. there is no better advice then calling up the company themeselves and getting direct info from them. during the install, the directions said "one of the great things about using nx is that there is no need to do any time retarding"......etc. i even called them up to double check with them. they were able to give me 350z specific jetting sizes not listed in the directions, and told me that "NO" there is no need for any time retarding.

nx says that you must use colder pulgs and u must use 92+ octane when on nitrous. with nx, those 2 things are the only necessary precautions you will need for low end hp shots. bro, i've done my homework before installing all this stuff. call up nx and ask them directly.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:45 PM
MySunset350Z

oh and,

last summer with 75 shot and intake. stock tires.

12.84 @107mph 1.89 60ft.

other then that, i had a handfull of 13.0-13.2's
Old 04-13-2004, 10:41 PM
fluidz

I know bro im just trying to ram some info into you. Zex control box is just a enclosed solanoid and TPS unit.

Timing adjustments are only required when your combustion chamber reaches a certain point of heat creating PRE-INGNITION. Yes Colder plugs help as they are more resistant to heat and yes higher octane fuel is more resistant to a out of control explosion, high octane fuel burns slower creating less of a chance for PRE-INGNITION (DETONATION)........these are all great and are good things to do as a precaution to pre-ignition, regardless of all these precautions when the combustion chamber gets to heat range higher than stock timing can handle, you will get detonation resulting in a blown motor. I have been told at around 80-100rwhp, not crank hp, you are on the threshold of this point. The main thing with the 350Z ECU is that it advances ignition timing at 6,000rpm like 6-7 degrees. That is where you will run into problems The ECU dosent advance in big lumps until it hits 6,000rpm and then bam, 6-7 degrees. ATI's motors that have blown up are mainly due to no timing being pulled. That is why all smart ATI owners are running J&S boxes to retard timing, that is why VORTECH pulls timing out 6 degrees at redline. WET Nitrous kits are by far the most unpredictable form of F/I.......regardless if its nitrous or a blower, the same heat is created at the same point of the RWHP its making assuming A/F ratios are the same. You may get lucky and not have a problem but you may not, you are on the threshold esp with your agressiveness in regards to A/F ratios........I just want to make you well aware of the facts..........I truly am not trying to downplay your knowledge as I can tell you have a ton of it, these are just the facts i have learned from people i respect. The people who know the facts are the smart people, the ones that think they know the facts are the dumb ones. All I ask sunset is for you to do a little investigating for yourself, ask people what I have told you, .........if they know what they are talking about they will agree.

PEAS SUNSET!!!!!

PM if you want.

-Kevin
Old 05-09-2004, 06:50 PM
350nos2004

Default fuel supply line?

Originally posted by fluidz
well I misunderstood you, i thought you said mount the bottle in the car sideways like along the strut bar......LOL..........I stand corrected that you are correct. Mis understood, i thought you where mis-informing peeps, its cool.......but you are incorrect about A/F ratios..........I promise you that... but maybe with a automatic the A/F ratios have to run leaner to keep up...LOL...J/K.....its cool...... ...I had to say it!!!!
where is the supply line for the fuel does anybody know?
Old 05-09-2004, 06:52 PM
350nos2004

were is the port to get the fuel for the nozzle i know it looks like a valve stemm or i think that is what it looks like does anyone know were it is