Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Who sells the cheapest nitrous kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Anthony Mantovani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who sells the cheapest nitrous kits

I am soon going to install a wet kit on my Z. I am leaning towards NX or NOS. I want about 100- 150 shot. Do you guys know who has the best prices on these kits? Thanks
Old 03-30-2004, 10:44 AM
TheBigShow

i got the one i had on my si off of ebay.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:59 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you want that amount of power reliably........

then it won't be cheap. With mods, you really do get what you pay for (for the most part). To do 150 hp on N2O safely and reliably on this motor will require higher fuel flow, (meaning bigger injectors and/or fuel pump and/or fuel presure regulator)and direct port injection. This won't be cheap. If you want cheap, go with a dry 50 shot of NX into the itake tract.

Last edited by Speedracer; 04-10-2004 at 03:01 AM.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:43 AM
twylight

The base kits are pretty cheap - but after some research you are going to want some more safety features (fuel pressure, OSD window, WOT switch, sensors, gauges, colder plugs), ease of use things like a Remote openner, and dyno and tuning so you dont blow your engine...

My tuned with safety stuff NX kit and professionally installed NX kit cost around $1,500. Base kit is ~$650.

I thought I was going to be happy without an openner but I am going to add one in a few weeks - ~$300.

Still alot less than a SC or TC but not as cheap as it looks at first.

One benefit is having it off when you dont want it perserving overall engine life and gas mileage...

Its just like a SC or TT - you can blow your engine at 6 psi or have it run flawlessly at 9psi - its about tuning and safety eventually.

Worth
Old 04-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't have said it better. Doing a high power mod is one thing. Doing it safely and reliably is quite another.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:25 PM
MySunset350Z

all the info is pretty good except for one thing. whatever you do, dont get a dry shot for your z.

1 its not safe with our car because of our engine type/size/compression.
2 you wouldnt be able to go higher then a 50 shot. still not safe.
3 its not worth putting down all that cash for a 50 shot.

i like nx because they're a bit more import friendly (might also be because thats what i have). you dont have to go direct port with anything up a 150 shot. there are a few people even running 200 shot with the fogger nozzles on this site. remember....safety safety safety. DONT rush it. get it all done right, dyno it with SMALL shots, ie 35 shot BEFORE you up the shots. work your way up from there making sure the a/f looks good on a dyno. happy spraying.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Anthony Mantovani

Thanks guys for the info, I went to a mod friendly dealership in LI, Smithtown/Westbury Nissan, they have there own performance shop, The owners of the dealerships do the performance work themselves. He quoted me around $1600 for an NX kit installed (75 shot). That included a warmer and purge, but no opener, he said they will mount the bottle between the rear speakers and strut brace on an angle so it can be easily opened by hand. I was told with a 75 shot its not necessary to change the plugs but you could if you want. They are getting "The Mustang" dyno installed in a month or so, should I wait til than and have them tune it properly. Also with a 75 shot, does 75 hp go to the wheels?, and is it possible with this NX kit that has the 35-75 nozzles to go up to 100 or 150. Thanks again.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:50 AM
fluidz

why dont you buy my ZEX kit, 2 months old and I will give it to you for $300.00......
Old 04-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Anthony Mantovani

Originally posted by fluidz
why dont you buy my ZEX kit, 2 months old and I will give it to you for $300.00......
Not interested...and I wouldn't give you $30 for it.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:05 AM
LaPuLaPu

Originally posted by MySunset350Z
all the info is pretty good except for one thing. whatever you do, dont get a dry shot for your z.

1 its not safe with our car because of our engine type/size/compression.
2 you wouldnt be able to go higher then a 50 shot. still not safe.
3 its not worth putting down all that cash for a 50 shot.

i like nx because they're a bit more import friendly (might also be because thats what i have). you dont have to go direct port with anything up a 150 shot. there are a few people even running 200 shot with the fogger nozzles on this site. remember....safety safety safety. DONT rush it. get it all done right, dyno it with SMALL shots, ie 35 shot BEFORE you up the shots. work your way up from there making sure the a/f looks good on a dyno. happy spraying.

Would you happen to know the duty cycle calculation is for our Z?
Old 04-12-2004, 11:15 AM
MySunset350Z

no idea about the duty cycle question.

technically you can go up to a 300shot with the NX kit you have. 150 is not a problem for that kit. but anything over a 150 shot you might was to start looking for direct port for a safer more accurate spray.

the nice thing about nx is they rate their shots to the wheels. so a 75 shot will give your anywhere between 70-75hp to the wheels. mine gave me 72hp to the wheels with a 75 shot. 1600 is a bit expensive, specially without the opener. how much are you being charged for labor?

and one more thing. dont mount the bottle sideways. you'll get a jumpy shot when your bottle is about 50-75% empty. the siphon in the bottle works best when the bottle is mounted north to south not east to west. true it will be more of a pain to open the bottle without a bottle opener, but atleast you'll be able to get a pure nitrous shot all the way untill your bottle is empty if you mount it north to south.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Anthony Mantovani

He said he was charging 250 for the install, because I'm buying the kit through them. I too thought 1600 was a bit expensive. Thanks for the info about the sideways mount, I wasn't aware of that.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:54 PM
fluidz

hmmm.......my understanding was you want the bottle pointing forward slightly up in the front this is due to gravity under acceleration as the syphon hose is at the bottom of the bottle pointing towards the rear of the vehicle. Sideways would basically be the same as long as its slightly proped up in the front just like if it where pointing forward. The only problem with sideways is if you went around a corner while on the bottle you could run rich.

Think about it.

PEAS!!
Old 04-12-2004, 07:07 PM
MySunset350Z

1. why the hell would anyone spray while taking a sharp turn? your just asking for trouble there, specially with all the torque nitrous makes.
2. like i said. the bottle needs to be mounted north to south. ill post a pic to make sure we're on the same track here. weather its on the left or right side doesnt matter, but it HAS to be north to south. top of the bottle facing the front of the car, and bottom of the bottom facing the rear of the car.
3. when your at about 75% empty and the bottle is mounted sideways and you floor it, liquid n2o will get pushed towards the side wall of the bottle. the siphon will suck up gas air and liquid n2o instead of just liquid n2o. its kinda like slurping when your trying to get that last sip out of your pop. thats where the shot will be jumpy. unless your bottle is mounted at a 80 degree angle, you will have this issue. simple laws of gravity.

fluidz y u gettin so defensive man? peace yourself. wait for the seach function to get back up and do a search before you embarrass yourself any more. i dont have the patience to deal with you or your a$$ backwards info. the last thing we need is another blown engine due to someone being missinformed.
Attached Thumbnails Who sells the cheapest nitrous kits-dvc00321.jpg  
Old 04-12-2004, 08:11 PM
fluidz

well I misunderstood you, i thought you said mount the bottle in the car sideways like along the strut bar......LOL..........I stand corrected that you are correct. Mis understood, i thought you where mis-informing peeps, its cool.......but you are incorrect about A/F ratios..........I promise you that... but maybe with a automatic the A/F ratios have to run leaner to keep up...LOL...J/K.....its cool...... ...I had to say it!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Who sells the cheapest nitrous kits-350z6.jpg  

Last edited by fluidz; 04-12-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:19 PM
zcar03

Definately go with NX. It is the best. I scored my NX wet EFI kit on ebay for 400 shipped brand new. I finish the install tomorrow!
Old 04-12-2004, 08:23 PM
MySunset350Z

you had to slip in a AT joke. fair enough.

ill have to double check with the dyno guy next week about the a/f ratios.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Anthony Mantovani

"dont mount the bottle sideways. you'll get a jumpy shot when your bottle is about 50-75% empty. the siphon in the bottle works best when the bottle is mounted north to south not east to west."

I went to performance motorsports today, I'm having my second tranny replaced. Anyway, I spoke to Andrew about the bottle being mounted on an angle, and he said that it will be okay because he changing the Siphon tube (not too familar with nitrous so i have no idea what this is)...He said its true about the North to South if you don't change the tube...Does anyone know if this is correct and what effect does changing this tube have? Also he said they will not be tuning the car when the Nitrous is installed for the $1600, He said they have not had any problems with the NX kits with 75 jets, so there's no need for tuning. Should I be worried about this or just have it installed without being properly tuned?
Old 04-13-2004, 10:49 AM
MySunset350Z

if they "move" the siphon, then your ok. it all depends on how good this guy is thats doing your instal. but, your good to go with a moved siphon. no worries there.

as for tuning. there realy isnt much tuning that can be done with nitrous kits. BUT, what your supposed to check for, is how your A/F ratio looks while your on nitrous. thats really the only reason for the dyno. if your running lean or rich, what they would need to do is adjust the jetting to keep your a/f within a certain range. i have the same nx kit your talking about, and i did dyno with a 75 shot. the car was running perfect on a 75 shot. nx is actually pretty good with their jet size accuracy. but its better safe then sorry. every car reacts slightly different to nitrous when other mods are added to it.

make sure this guy does a dyno to check for your a/f while on nitrous. dont let him tell you otherwise. this is also good in case you want to up your nitrous from a 75 shot to a 100 shot.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Anthony Mantovani

thanks again for the info, Now i'm not worried about the angled bottle as long as I know it won't give me a jumpy shot when the tube is changed. I will probably def. up from a 75 to 100 or so, probably not more than 150 though. Is it safe to say I won't need a dyno to check A/F ratios as long as I am running a 75 shot? But if I go to 100-150 than I should get one? Also, MySunset350 did you change the plugs when you installed this NX kit?

Quick Reply: Who sells the cheapest nitrous kits