Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 05:51 PM
NissanMarketing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Z and GT-R Owners at Mid-Ohio Grand-Am weekend

Hey Everybody. Sorry for the short notice, but wanted to let you know that Nissan Motorsports is hosting a Z and GT-R Owners weekend at Mid-Ohio for the EMCO Gears Classic coming up on September 16 and 17.

All Nissan Z and GT-R owners are welcome for a weekend of Grand-Am racing. Nissan will have a NISMO Z entered in the GS class. You will be the exclusive guests of Nissan Motorsports in their private hospitality chalet. There will be a private viewing area, gift bags, complimentary food and beverage, paddock tours, driver meet and greets and you'll even be allowed to take a parade lap around the track on Saturday morning.
There is even an exclusive car corral for Nissan Z and GT-R owners only.
Tickets are $75 for Friday and Saturday or just $45 for Saturday only. We did this a couple weeks ago at the IndyCar race at Infineon at it was a great time.
Hope a lot of you can make it. We look forward to having you as our guests at the 2011 EMCO Gears Classic Grand-Am Weekend at Mid-Ohio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-11-2011, 05:23 PM
davide

My brother in law and I will be there. Him in his '84 25th Anniversary Z31 and me in my 2005 35th Anniversary. Is there anything we should know in advance or bring? We're both new to this stuff.

Originally Posted by NissanMarketing
Hey Everybody. Sorry for the short notice, but wanted to let you know that Nissan Motorsports is hosting a Z and GT-R Owners weekend at Mid-Ohio for the EMCO Gears Classic coming up on September 16 and 17.

All Nissan Z and GT-R owners are welcome for a weekend of Grand-Am racing. Nissan will have a NISMO Z entered in the GS class. You will be the exclusive guests of Nissan Motorsports in their private hospitality chalet. There will be a private viewing area, gift bags, complimentary food and beverage, paddock tours, driver meet and greets and you'll even be allowed to take a parade lap around the track on Saturday morning.
There is even an exclusive car corral for Nissan Z and GT-R owners only.
Tickets are $75 for Friday and Saturday or just $45 for Saturday only. We did this a couple weeks ago at the IndyCar race at Infineon at it was a great time.
Hope a lot of you can make it. We look forward to having you as our guests at the 2011 EMCO Gears Classic Grand-Am Weekend at Mid-Ohio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-12-2011, 08:09 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Quite a few ZROC folks will be there, at least on Saturday. Sounds like a good time, kind of short notice though, lol. As far as parade laps though - lol. Most of us have been around that track at slightly higher speeds!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:25 AM
davide

Lol. A track day will be in my future. How slow is a parade lap? An appropriate day to wear our ZROC shirts then?

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Quite a few ZROC folks will be there, at least on Saturday. Sounds like a good time, kind of short notice though, lol. As far as parade laps though - lol. Most of us have been around that track at slightly higher speeds!

Last edited by davide; 09-12-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:19 AM
PerfZ

Originally Posted by davide
Lol. A track day will be in my future. How slow is a parade lap? An appropriate day to wear our ZROC shirts then?
Yep, wear the colors, lol. Parade lap speed is generally just that - parade. You can do the little "princess wave" out the window for the spectators.
Most of us will probably skip it.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:24 PM
davide

Yep, wear the colors, lol. Parade lap speed is generally just that - parade. You can do the little "princess wave" out the window for the spectators.
Most of us will probably skip it.
Ok... so no sense in turning my iPhone into a dash cam without embarrasing myself. LOL.....

Forgive us for geeking out. It will be the first time for me to drive on a track. Slow might be best..... Besides, I don't have a helmet. :-)
Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 AM
davide

Any idea what might be in the gift bag?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:16 PM
davide

Looks like they sent a second ticket free to both me and my brother in law. Not sure we have anyone to go with us.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:39 AM
PerfZ

I printed mine out on-line but Andy tells me that won't do me any good so he is sending the ticket and other info. Doesn't make sense to me but whatever, I'll be there early afternoon on Saturday - golf tournament in the morning. There are a few ZROC folks meeting Saturday at the first rest stop north of Polaris on I-71 at 8:30 to caravan - you should hook up with them.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:46 AM
davide

I printed mine out on-line but Andy tells me that won't do me any good so he is sending the ticket and other info. Doesn't make sense to me but whatever, I'll be there early afternoon on Saturday - golf tournament in the morning. There are a few ZROC folks meeting Saturday at the first rest stop north of Polaris on I-71 at 8:30 to caravan - you should hook up with them.
Mine was delivered via Fed Ex. Perhaps the tickets ate different for the Nissan VIP treatment.

Looks like I'll be heading up from MT Vernon and want to arrive early to do the slow parade lap unlike the more experienced guys.

Last edited by davide; 09-15-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:54 AM
PerfZ

Yep, just got mine too. Two tickets for Saturday also. Weird, better make sure they did not charge me for two.
I think the morning caravan will be going right through Mt Vernon - ZROC gets off the interstate whenever possible. Be on the town square between 9-9:30 and you could probably hook up with them.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:04 AM
davide

Yep, just got mine too. Two tickets for Saturday also. Weird, better make sure they did not charge me for two.
I think the morning caravan will be going right through Mt Vernon - ZROC gets off the interstate whenever possible. Be on the town square between 9-9:30 and you could probably hook up with them.
I checked with Andy and he said it's an early Christmas party. Bring a friend.

I'm still trying to give mine away.

By the time ZROC goes through MtmVernon, it will be after the parade lap ATT the track.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:06 PM
davide

Fun day at Mid Ohio! W did get to go around the track twice and hit top speeds of 60-70, so to quite all parade speed. Nissan put together a nice event. I'd do it again.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:59 AM
PerfZ

Sorry we didn't get a chance to say hi. Jim and I didn't get up there until 2:30 or so despite breaking about every speed limit between Delaware and MO, lol. Then we joined Ernie and Lee in the Grandstand #2 for the race, until the sun went low and the wind kicked up; watched the end back at the tent. Agreed, a good event and hopefully they will do it again next year so ZROC can bring a crowd up. See you won the banner from Continental - good garage art at least.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:31 PM
drivessidewayz

Last Drift Cleveland event/practice of the year guys!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=221986684526746
Old 10-01-2011, 02:14 PM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

selling my 350 let me know if n e one is interested...
Old 10-03-2011, 12:27 PM
g-adabout

Just throwing it out there again...

I know there isnt a dedicated section for Ohio on here, but there is on G35driver.com

http://g35driver.com/forums/ohio-g-club-372/

We get events going all around Ohio on there, as we have members in Cincy, Cbus, cleveland, etc.

We just had a driving meet on Ohio 555, a tour of Hocking Hills, which is the third annual drive.

You guys are more than welcome in the forum and also on the Facebook page! Our club is open to Gs, Zs and GTRs.

Hope to see you out ...

and a little hint of things to come, I am planning a Road Rally in the spring, and ZROC and OGC will be hosting the Midwest G/Z meet during the Arthritis Car show and will include a Time attack challenge!

Looking forward to the future!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Brrcats

So I've made the natural progression from 350Z to corvette. was going to wait till spring to get start looking, but I found one about a week or so after I sold the Z.

I guess the good thing is I can still get by calling it the "Z"

I"ve got a couple shift ***** and stuff that I can use on the vette, probably put them up for sale.

I've got the aluminum nismo, the black rubber nismo, and a custom fabricated **** modeled after the tommy kaira made of 404 stainless. Its not so much a big baby as it is a fat man, lol
Old 10-27-2011, 11:35 AM
drivessidewayz

Bumping it up because it's been two weeks Also there's a drift event going on over at Beaverun in PA on Sunday.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:09 PM
kburg711

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz
Bumping it up because it's been two weeks Also there's a drift event going on over at Beaverun in PA on Sunday.
Still need to learn how to drift
I guess I'll have to wait till after winter!

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.