Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 06:02 AM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kburg711
Any chance anyone in Ohio has a single turbo Z, i'm really debating if I want to take the big jump to turbo or keep throwing little bits of money at smaller upgrades. I just wanted to know if anyone had one could give me some input and possibly meet up sometime so I can check it out in action!
I have rode in a single turbo stock block z in Ohio. The guy is a recluse and addicted to WOW though so I haven't seen him in like 2 years. Jeremy from the Ohio G club has a turbonetics kit with a garrett turbo. I've yet to get to ride in it yet but he is stock block as well. The comparison between my Z and the single turbo is HUGE though.

As far as money on N/A mods, really none of them are worth it except for test pipes. Do you daily drive the car? Does the car need to be reliable? Do you have tons of disposable money to put into this project?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:08 AM
ocdz

Oh yea, the last question would be why not just do a Vortech?

The cost of one used is like half of a turbo kit, they can make plenty of power and slightly safer on a stock block because the torque numbers don't get as high. The installation is going to be WAY easier for the DIY'er. There's people doing big numbers with vortech now too.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:26 AM
kburg711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow03z
I have rode in a single turbo stock block z in Ohio. The guy is a recluse and addicted to WOW though so I haven't seen him in like 2 years. Jeremy from the Ohio G club has a turbonetics kit with a garrett turbo. I've yet to get to ride in it yet but he is stock block as well. The comparison between my Z and the single turbo is HUGE though.

As far as money on N/A mods, really none of them are worth it except for test pipes. Do you daily drive the car? Does the car need to be reliable? Do you have tons of disposable money to put into this project?
Hmm okay, and it is daily driven, as reliable as possible and I do have funds to an extent (personal opinion if gain is worth the expense).
Old 03-29-2012, 06:28 AM
kburg711

Oh yea, the last question would be why not just do a Vortech?

The cost of one used is like half of a turbo kit, they can make plenty of power and slightly safer on a stock block because the torque numbers don't get as high. The installation is going to be WAY easier for the DIY'er. There's people doing big numbers with vortech now too.
That was another possibility, just read in so many places that a small single turbo is just as good a s/c. To many little quirks with s/c such as it seems to make quite a bit of noise and can supposedly strain the engine?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not just go buy an evo or sti, their motors were built for boost, the Z wasnt. Just my opinion, but all the boosted cars i have seen seems like it cost a fortune to keep them on the road. The hassle, for me, just isnt there. Build your suspension, theres a lot of fun to be had with a nice suspension and sticky tires.

Youre trying to do a lot at once. The best mod you can possibly get is the drivers mod. Learn to drive the car. Go to some autox, get some advice from some of the vets.

Last edited by MyV6IsFast3r; 03-29-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:35 PM
kburg711

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
Why not just go buy an evo or sti, their motors were built for boost, the Z wasnt. Just my opinion, but all the boosted cars i have seen seems like it cost a fortune to keep them on the road. The hassle, for me, just isnt there. Build your suspension, theres a lot of fun to be had with a nice suspension and sticky tires.

Youre trying to do a lot at once. The best mod you can possibly get is the drivers mod. Learn to drive the car. Go to some autox, get some advice from some of the vets.
Hmm sounds like a good plan, I do autox in the summer almost every weekend and I plan to head over to nelson ledges soon to actual hit the track.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:46 PM
kburg711

So I had to drive to Mayfield/Lyndhurst to pick up my beater from the shop (wiring problem) and on the way back I saw THREE 350z's! 2 were the Sunset Orange one looked near stock while the other had rims (couldn't see what kind) and what seemed to be a nismo v2 spoiler. And a PPW stock. Why aren't any of these people in here!?!? I need friends near me you all are near Columbus!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:13 PM
ocdz

I agree that the Z is a quick car if you can drive it. That being said, if I wanted more power I would not buy an evo/sti. I would go turbo or vortech on a car I already own, although I'm not concerned about vehicle classing for autox or scca; nor do I care about reliability.

The vortech's have been proven to be very reliable and although they do make some noise, I'd say thats a fair trade off for 400+ whp. A single turbo could be just as reliable if it had a good tune and you could keep your hands away form a boost controller.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 PM
bajamike

Cars and Coffee - which location of Cup of Joe? No rain - I'm going.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:25 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

I agree that the Z is a quick car if you can drive it. That being said, if I wanted more power I would not buy an evo/sti. I would go turbo or vortech on a car I already own, although I'm not concerned about vehicle classing for autox or scca; nor do I care about reliability.

The vortech's have been proven to be very reliable and although they do make some noise, I'd say thats a fair trade off for 400+ whp. A single turbo could be just as reliable if it had a good tune and you could keep your hands away form a boost controller.
And you probably could of been able to afford it if it wernt for the Boeing 747 wings mounted to your trunk lid.

C&C will be at Cup O Joe at Lennix near campus.

Last edited by MyV6IsFast3r; 03-30-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:38 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Hey guys, i dont really ever ask for much around here, but if you find yourself needing to shopin the next couple months try to go to Easton and feed some quarters to the parking meter please. Just watch the video.

http://youtu.be/75e7XEKFmAc

In case you are wondering why i care, my g/f was born with bicuspid atresia (basically half her heart works and shes had 3 surgerys to help reroute and fix the flow) and went to this camp as a kid. It had such a huge impact on her that she still volunteers every summer. They have different weeks for kids with different problems, one of which is cancer week. In case you didnt know, i had cancer about 7 years ago, that **** can be rough on kids, so i do what i can to help (im big into donating to Make a Wish as well). Anyways, im not saying put a million dollars in a meter, just make the extra drive to Easton instead of Polaris and stick whatever chang you might have in one even though you might have parked in the garage.

Thanks, now ill get back my usually insult filled self.

Ryan still wants my ball.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:39 AM
ocdz

Boeing 747 wings.
It's Carbon, It's an airbus a380 wing. Get it right.

Originally Posted by bajamike
I'm going.
As long as there's no rain I'll be there as well, may not be promptly at 9 though.

Ryan still wants my ball.
You selling your prosthesis? My dog needs a chew toy.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:08 AM
bajamike

Nice to finally meet some folks from the forum. I appreciate everyone making my son feel welcomed too. Look forward to some of the meets and hanging out more.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:03 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Mike - I think I saw you but I don't think I officially met you. I had that Blue Saturn there today. Anyways, I do have a question for you. You have your car tuned by SloMotion, correct? If so how much did that cost you? PM me if you'd like.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:33 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

I want to autox already
Old 04-02-2012, 04:50 AM
kburg711

I want to autox already
Old 04-02-2012, 04:53 AM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to autox already
You better come to a few in Cincy this year...and oh yeah, are you going to zdayz this year?!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:31 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Originally Posted by brandon3434
You better come to a few in Cincy this year...and oh yeah, are you going to zdayz this year?!
Absolutely, and you better come to some Columbus events. And yep, i'll be at zdays. Whats your cabin/hotel arrangements? I havent made any yet.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:47 AM
kburg711

Originally Posted by brandon3434
Absolutely, and you better come to some Columbus events.
You both better come to some up in Akron/Bainbridge!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:02 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Originally Posted by kburg711
You both better come to some up in Akron/Bainbridge!
Let me know about any autox events and i may make it.

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.