Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012 | 06:01 PM
brandon3434

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
Absolutely, and you better come to some Columbus events. And yep, i'll be at zdays. Whats your cabin/hotel arrangements? I havent made any yet.
I haven't either lol...are you going alone? Or bringing a chick? Let me know, if you bring one, ill bring mine, if not lets roll alone and be gay.
Old 04-02-2012 | 06:02 PM
brandon3434

Originally Posted by kburg711
You both better come to some up in Akron/Bainbridge!
Let me know about any autox events and i may make it.
+1
Old 04-02-2012 | 11:36 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Originally Posted by brandon3434
I haven't either lol...are you going alone? Or bringing a chick? Let me know, if you bring one, ill bring mine, if not lets roll alone and be gay.
She still doesn't know if she can come or not. It's be nice if she could, but I wont be heart broken if she cant. I;ll have to let you know. I'll probably just get a room at the lodge if you want to split that let me know and I'll call about one.
Old 04-04-2012 | 04:17 AM
kburg711

So Im trying to pick up some Top speed Pro-1 Coilovers instead of saving up for a small turbo/sc! Anyone here have experience with these on autox or the track? Ive read reviews but they all are from the DD point of view saying its still comfortable with the option of a nice drop.
Old 04-04-2012 | 04:30 AM
brandon3434

She still doesn't know if she can come or not. It's be nice if she could, but I wont be heart broken if she cant. I;ll have to let you know. I'll probably just get a room at the lodge if you want to split that let me know and I'll call about one.
Yessir, send me a txt/call and we'll figure something out.
Old 04-04-2012 | 06:15 AM
ocdz

So Im trying to pick up some Top speed Pro-1 Coilovers instead of saving up for a small turbo/sc! Anyone here have experience with these on autox or the track? Ive read reviews but they all are from the DD point of view saying its still comfortable with the option of a nice drop.
What are the spring rates on them?
Old 04-04-2012 | 06:22 AM
brandon3434

I'm not trying to be a dick, but they're 560$ coilovers, so don't expect track worthy coilovers.
Old 04-04-2012 | 12:22 PM
ocdz

I'm not trying to be a dick, but they're 560$ coilovers, so don't expect track worthy coilovers.
I agree cheap is cheap.

You were planning to buy a turbo kit (5-10k), and now you're buying the cheapest coil-overs you can find? I'm not hating because I don't have the best coil-overs in the world either but why these?

Lastly, whats up with their "waiting period"? If I'm buying car parts I want them yesterday not a month or two from now. I don't play that game.
Old 04-04-2012 | 01:15 PM
kburg711

Originally Posted by slow03z
I agree cheap is cheap.

You were planning to buy a turbo kit (5-10k), and now you're buying the cheapest coil-overs you can find? I'm not hating because I don't have the best coil-overs in the world either but why these?

Lastly, whats up with their "waiting period"? If I'm buying car parts I want them yesterday not a month or two from now. I don't play that game.
Well I can honestly say I don't know much about suspension upgrades, I just saw those pop up and they seemed like a good deal and something I could get now versus waiting and saving for a turbo/sc or a really expensive suspension upgrade which means I wouldn't have it till mid or after summer
The waiting period is because there's a large line of people waiting for the pro-1 coil-overs. If anyone knows of better coil-overs that I could get now meaning sub $1100 just shoot me a pm, like I said i'm a suspension noob really.
Old 04-04-2012 | 01:58 PM
ocdz

Well I can honestly say I don't know much about suspension upgrades, I just saw those pop up and they seemed like a good deal and something I could get now versus waiting and saving for a turbo/sc or a really expensive suspension upgrade which means I wouldn't have it till mid or after summer
The waiting period is because there's a large line of people waiting for the pro-1 coil-overs. If anyone knows of better coil-overs that I could get now meaning sub $1100 just shoot me a pm, like I said i'm a suspension noob really.
I run Stance Gr+ Pros and can tell you I paid less than that for them new shipped. Albeit a couple years ago. I have been very happy with them for the past couple years. I don't know if you can still get them that cheap but I'm sure if you ask a few of the vendors on here they can get them to you at much less than MSRP.

It definitely pays to ask too; I've found vendor prices will vary by as much as $200 even on $400-600 parts and that was after PM'ing the ones who have "the absolute lowest price on XYZ"

I wouldn't be in a waiting line for TSpro1 with an $1100 budget.
Old 04-04-2012 | 02:07 PM
ocdz

I don't know how many of you have seen Jeremy's Ohio Driven with Purpose Road Rally thread in North Central but if you haven't, you should look into it. I'm personally building the website for the event and should be launching it in the next few days for registration and news.

We had a photo shoot before our last committee meeting in Columbus with a few G's and Z's and a random Honda and Toyota. James Allen (Jsaiv Photography) deserves all the credit for the photos. Thought I'd post a few up here:

I was super pumped to have someone with talent and decent equipment take some photos of my car!
Old 04-05-2012 | 03:08 AM
bajamike

Nice shots. Will he be available for The Purpose Driven Road Rally and photo shots?
Old 04-05-2012 | 04:49 AM
kburg711

https://my350z.com/forum/suspension/...-in-stock.html

Would these Megan track coilovers make a big difference from the Pro-1's before? If they do can you explain why? I want to learn and not just buy what people tell me is best or crap.
Old 04-05-2012 | 05:22 AM
brandon3434

https://my350z.com/forum/suspension/...-in-stock.html

Would these Megan track coilovers make a big difference from the Pro-1's before? If they do can you explain why? I want to learn and not just buy what people tell me is best or crap.
Honestly, if your planning on spending somewhere around 1k, I'd go with Stance coilovers if it were me. I have Stance GR+ Pros combo'd with Swift springs, and it rides great. I even track my z on these coilovers, plus I'm pretty low.

Another brand I would check out is Fortune Auto, those are about the same price, and perform very well. I personally would never go with Megan coilovers, but I've heard some like them. Ive never had experience with those, sorry.
Old 04-05-2012 | 05:34 AM
ocdz

Originally Posted by bajamike
Nice shots. Will he be available for The Purpose Driven Road Rally and photo shots?
Yes, he and another Ohio photographer (Jeff Camp) have already signed on to take event photos. Supposedly there may be some videography as well I'm not too sure on that though.

Did I mention there's going to be a Auto-X at the last check point at Quaker Steak Dayton???
Old 04-05-2012 | 05:39 AM
ocdz

Honestly, if your planning on spending somewhere around 1k, I'd go with Stance coilovers if it were me. I have Stance GR+ Pros combo'd with Swift springs, and it rides great. I even track my z on these coilovers, plus I'm pretty low.
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPP.

Although they re-named the different spec'd shocks they aren't called GR+ Pro anymore.
I'm on standard Stance springs and have no complaints other than being a tad too much spring rate.
Old 04-05-2012 | 06:13 AM
bajamike

Originally Posted by slow03z
Yes, he and another Ohio photographer (Jeff Camp) have already signed on to take event photos. Supposedly there may be some videography as well I'm not too sure on that though.

Did I mention there's going to be a Auto-X at the last check point at Quaker Steak Dayton???
Awesome!
Old 04-05-2012 | 08:00 PM
EmpireDude
Vendor - Former Vendor

anyone going to the columbus cars and coffee on saturday? i have my z out here for once and am really debating going!
Old 04-05-2012 | 08:01 PM
kburg711

https://my350z.com/forum/suspension/...torsports.html

$1180 SHIPPED on GR+

$1270 SHIPPED on GR+ PRO

So these would be more bang for the buck in the long run? And provide great suspension for track runs?
Old 04-05-2012 | 08:03 PM
EmpireDude
Vendor - Former Vendor

remember to budget for camber/toe arms or however you want to be correcting your alignment. this could be a few hundred dollar investment, or I know brandon's and mine are probably close to $1k! I love my stance gr+ true style coilover. Brandon recommended them to me in the first place btw Brandon, I'm having zerolift install my quaife soon!

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.