Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 07:03 AM
grifferjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes a definate welcome is in order. glad to see that posting has started back up on this thread. it went silent for a little bit. although i am sad to see how it started back up again, sorry again pulpz2!!!!!!!

but anywho, i have been to wapakoneta a few times. my pops use to sell some paper up there. bet there are some great places to drive the country roads around your area!!!

welcome again!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:50 AM
04ECSTAZ

Originally posted by pulpz2
Nice rims. Are those the invisible tires I've been hearing about that don't feather, or do you have the levitating car mod that doesn't require an alignment. haha j/k. Seriously, what kind of mods are you running?

Btw, welcome to The *OFFICIAL* OHIO Thread
good guess but you're wrong...they are the new style "I-am-broke-and-can-afford-tires-yet" tires. haha
ok, on to mods...don't have too many or anything too serious yet, but here's a small list off the top of my head...

-20" Raceline wheels(20x10" in the rear and 20x9" in the front with a 4" lip in rear and 2.75" lip in the front)
-Toyo T1-S tires whenever I get money rounded up for em
-Nismo cold-air intake
-Nismo radiator and oil filler caps
-Pioneer P6500 6.5" touch-screen DVD/CD
-20% window tint
-Courtesy Nissan Z front/rear emblems
-JDM clear side markers
-S2000 shorty antenna
-Z fender emblems & front license plate bracket painted to match the car
- various things removed for looks/weight(spare tire, splash guards, rear wiper, washer reservoir, orange reflectors in the headlights, air restrictors in grille, etc...)
-CHROME door handles...still waiting to get them back

Nothin serious yet...waiting to get the wheels/tires outta the way before I go spending on other stuff(now I see why NO ONE has these rims for the 350Z aside from the Wings West car)!

hey, any of you Ohio guys FEEL FREE to send me pix of your cars either by PM or e-mail(nitrous1999@hotmail.com)...I'd like to get to know who I'm gonna be cruisin with this summer! later on
Old 01-11-2005, 09:37 AM
04ECSTAZ

Originally posted by grifferjr
yes a definate welcome is in order. glad to see that posting has started back up on this thread. it went silent for a little bit. although i am sad to see how it started back up again, sorry again pulpz2!!!!!!!

but anywho, i have been to wapakoneta a few times. my pops use to sell some paper up there. bet there are some great places to drive the country roads around your area!!!

welcome again!!!
thanks, its nice to be here. thats cool hearing a couple of you have been to my lil town up here...what kind of business does your dad do, and do u remember where you came to in Wapakoneta?
yeah, we definately have some unreal horseshoe bends and killer sloped curves around here...if you are in the area this spring or summer, be sure to gimme a shout and we can go run around.
just curious, where exactly are you from?
have a good one...later!
Old 01-11-2005, 02:10 PM
grifferjr

Originally posted by 04ECSTAZ
thanks, its nice to be here. thats cool hearing a couple of you have been to my lil town up here...what kind of business does your dad do, and do u remember where you came to in Wapakoneta?
yeah, we definately have some unreal horseshoe bends and killer sloped curves around here...if you are in the area this spring or summer, be sure to gimme a shout and we can go run around.
just curious, where exactly are you from?
have a good one...later!
i am south of dayton, grew up in west carrollton, parents moved to miamisburg, or as we call it, DA BURG. and now i live back in west carrollton after coming back from college. I went to ohio university. best six years of my life. still head back there to visit some family members and let me tell ya, the Z loves that drive. make sure that I stay off the beaten path so to speak.

oh yeah the Z aint too shabby also when it comes to attracting attention in a college town if ya know what i mean!!!!!
Old 01-12-2005, 08:32 AM
pulpz2

Yeah, I'm sure griffer has some pics of his nice wheels too! Come on don’t be bashful!

As far as mods go, right now I really want to get the NISMO suspension but I’m not sure I’ll have the money this spring. Between the deductible on wrecking my truck in November and this speeding ticket, it’s been tuff to save up money. I’m really not that bad of a driver. Haha. I delivered pizzas for ten years while going through college (griffer – I feel you ambition, another 6 year undergrad here), and never got a single ticket or a wreck that was my fault.

Anyhow, I think I’m going to use my laptop as an in-car pc. I already have a wireless FM modulator and a power inverter. So I really only need the lcd to put in the nav compartment (oh, and time to do the job right).

I want to do the NISMO rims and Toyo tires also. But that’s a big chunk of change and my wife wants a hot tub (another big chunk of change.). Thing is, there’s no way I’m getting wheels with out buying a hot tub first. So its gonna cost two big chunks of change for wheels/tires. But I should be able to definitely pull off the NISMO suspension and the in-car pc this year.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:47 AM
grifferjr

yeah pulpz2 i do have some pics of the ride. or at least as long as msn keeps the group up. they sent me a warning not too long ago that the group not having any activity will be shut down in some time. so who knows. here is the link:

http://groups.msn.com/my350zredline

a tiny bit of history. got everything from disount tire here. we are very fortunate to have one locally. a great deal. only down side is no one really knew what offset to get. no one on this forum had had them yet. so when i went with TSW's recommendations. not good. they were set up to match the stock Z wheels, and as you can tell even when stock, the Z's wheels are tucked in a bit. and when you spend that kind of cash for aftermarket you definately want everything flush. so i have run spacers since those pics were taken to bring stuff out flush. for this spring i might even want to go a bit bigger in spacers which will require more work.

another mod i really want is the nismo suspension. and i mean BAD!!!! i think that would be sweet.

also anyone have any experience working with RJR Motorsports in Moraine????
Old 01-12-2005, 06:44 PM
pulpz2

yeah pulpz2 i do have some pics of the ride. or at least as long as msn keeps the group up. they sent me a warning not too long ago that the group not having any activity will be shut down in some time. so who knows. here is the link:

http://groups.msn.com/my350zredline

a tiny bit of history. got everything from disount tire here. we are very fortunate to have one locally. a great deal. only down side is no one really knew what offset to get. no one on this forum had had them yet. so when i went with TSW's recommendations. not good. they were set up to match the stock Z wheels, and as you can tell even when stock, the Z's wheels are tucked in a bit. and when you spend that kind of cash for aftermarket you definately want everything flush. so i have run spacers since those pics were taken to bring stuff out flush. for this spring i might even want to go a bit bigger in spacers which will require more work.

another mod i really want is the nismo suspension. and i mean BAD!!!! i think that would be sweet.

also anyone have any experience working with RJR Motorsports in Moraine????
Only experience I have is from a few years back when they were The Wheel Source. THey were the place to go back in the day. I bought tires there (toyo) for my 93 Probe GT. A buddy of mine had an awesome suspsenion and great wheels installed there too. But I've only been in once since they switched to RJR and didn't buy anything. I dont know what kind of rep they have now.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:54 PM
pulpz2

Man, those pictures make me ache for summer time. Leaves on the trees, blue skies, and dry roads.

I really like the rims. What size are they? Adjust the offset abit, and add the NISMO suspension (drops 20 mm) and it will look just right. Do you have anybody in mind for the install?

My brother is an aircraft mechanic and he's done his own suspension work quite abit (jeeps, trucks). I think with his help I might take a shot at doing the install myself (maybe). I was thinking of ordering it from Performance but Beau Townsend Nissan "said" they would price match the internet.

I just wonder how it will look with the stock 17" wheels.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:26 AM
04ECSTAZ

i am south of dayton, grew up in west carrollton, parents moved to miamisburg, or as we call it, DA BURG. and now i live back in west carrollton after coming back from college. I went to ohio university. best six years of my life. still head back there to visit some family members and let me tell ya, the Z loves that drive. make sure that I stay off the beaten path so to speak.

oh yeah the Z aint too shabby also when it comes to attracting attention in a college town if ya know what i mean!!!!!

Thanks for the info...and by the way, your car looks really good in the pix u sent!! I'll hafta post a couple pictures after I get tires purchased.

Hey guys, I know there is a lot of competition for pricing on the NISMO stuff, but I work in the parts dept. at a Nissan dealership and I would be more than glad to offer you guys my price on the stuff you are looking for(although it sometimes isn't the BEST price out there, it is definately better than what someone would pay if they just walked in a dealership, even with a discount from them). Just shoot me a PM or an e-mail and I'll get back to ya a.s.a.p.

Gotta get back to work now...later on fellas
Old 01-13-2005, 04:32 AM
grifferjr

the rims/wheels are 19's. with an offset adjustment and with the nismo drop which if i remember drops the car .7inch, everything will look great. cant wait to do it. its just that i have a ton of other things that needs the money right now. new roof, bathroom that needs redone, blah blah blah blah!!!!!!

owning a house has its ups, but definately has its downs also.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:49 PM
pulpz2

Griffer, did you ever stop in RJ motor sports?
Old 01-22-2005, 07:10 AM
430ztt

04ECSTAZ you have a PM....
Old 01-22-2005, 09:06 AM
zredline

Cool

Current conditions looking out my apartment window, can't wait for warmer weather.

Old 01-22-2005, 05:54 PM
grifferjr

Originally posted by pulpz2
Griffer, did you ever stop in RJ motor sports?
yeah i did stop in there and they seemed pretty cool. i asked them if they did the spacers and they said they did just that they dont have any for the Z. i told them that that was not a problem cause i can get them through here or i mean performance nissan and they are hub-centric so we are all good. if i get them the parts they will do the work. i am really not a mechanic kind of guy. other than that they said they can do all the other work on the car also like body kits etc... i dont think i would use them for the suspension though unless i went with one other than nismo and i wouldnt do that.

i am seriously working the funds around so i can get that by the spring!!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 05:58 PM
grifferjr

i hear ya man. i am bumming for sure. i have blizzacks on and the car handles great in the snow but i still stayed in tonight for the sole reason that the weather was supposed to be kinda crappy. that and there is a ton of great college bball on tonight. right now i am watching my alma mater against miami ohio. lets go bobcats. wait, last shot to win, missed it. DAMN IT!!!!!

we lost to them damn redhawks. oh well i am going to go get drunk.

later.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:18 PM
pulpz2

i hear ya man. i am bumming for sure. i have blizzacks on and the car handles great in the snow but i still stayed in tonight for the sole reason that the weather was supposed to be kinda crappy. that and there is a ton of great college bball on tonight. right now i am watching my alma mater against miami ohio. lets go bobcats. wait, last shot to win, missed it. DAMN IT!!!!!

we lost to them damn redhawks. oh well i am going to go get drunk.

later.
lol! you know what they say: if your team loses its a good reason to get drunk, and if they win its still a good reason to get drunk! be safe.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:18 AM
04ECSTAZ

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zredline
[B]Current conditions looking out my apartment window, can't wait for warmer weather.

thanks for the pic...yup, looks the same around here and I CAN'T WAIT EITHER(for the warmer weather that is)!

Pulpz...I LOVE that motto of yours, good stuff.

Just curious, but what do you other Ohioans do for fun(ESP. in this time of year?) when you aren't on the forums or modding/driving your car? Anymore, I have found myself to be VERY bored with life in Ohio and Im trying to find new things to get into or another hobby or something(The 56 hours at the dealership a week and countless hours afterwards on the Z makes for a LOT OF HOURS WITH CARS). the bar/club scene around my area SUCKS unless you roll down to Dayton or Columbus but I still like to stop in here and there to have a beer. Drop a line.....
Old 01-23-2005, 09:23 AM
zredline

I am also into Stereo equipment and listen to music when I am home, my current setup:

Amplifier McCormack DNA 1
Pre-Amp Audio Research SP 5
Tuner MagnumDynalab FT 101A
CD Pioneer PD 101
Speakers Boston Acoustics HD 9

Cables MIT

Other things to do:

Surf the NET, PS2, shoot pool a couple times a week, plan what to do next for the Z, and smoke cigars.

Old 01-23-2005, 10:14 AM
04ECSTAZ

thats cool....i like the stereo set-up, looks like quite the system. looks like we have a lot in common, shooting pool is my newest means of entertainment, and yes I'm an avid smoker as well(NEVVVER in the Z though). Whats your fav. brand/flav of cigar anyway? If you ever roll your own, try the Royal Blunts brand, Wet Mango is the shiznit dude! We will hafta get together sometime this summer on a cruise and stop off for a beer and a game of pool.
don't want to get too off-topic here, but just something to keep this thread alive(and me from goin insane with this weather...haha).

Originally posted by zredline
I am also into Stereo equipment and listen to music when I am home, my current setup:

Amplifier McCormack DNA 1
Pre-Amp Audio Research SP 5
Tuner MagnumDynalab FT 101A
CD Pioneer PD 101
Speakers Boston Acoustics HD 9

Cables MIT

Other things to do:

Surf the NET, PS2, shoot pool a couple times a week, plan what to do next for the Z, and smoke cigars.

Old 01-23-2005, 11:38 AM
zredline

Cool

Picture of my Z

Cigar of choice is the ONYX Reserve Churchhill, and I never smoke in the Z or my apartment.

I might go to the Columbus meet in July so maybe I will catch you there.

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.