Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 01:02 AM
pulpz2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 04ECSTAZ
[B]
Originally posted by zredline
Current conditions looking out my apartment window, can't wait for warmer weather.

thanks for the pic...yup, looks the same around here and I CAN'T WAIT EITHER(for the warmer weather that is)!

Pulpz...I LOVE that motto of yours, good stuff.

Just curious, but what do you other Ohioans do for fun(ESP. in this time of year?) when you aren't on the forums or modding/driving your car? Anymore, I have found myself to be VERY bored with life in Ohio and Im trying to find new things to get into or another hobby or something(The 56 hours at the dealership a week and countless hours afterwards on the Z makes for a LOT OF HOURS WITH CARS). the bar/club scene around my area SUCKS unless you roll down to Dayton or Columbus but I still like to stop in here and there to have a beer. Drop a line.....
I'm in to music as well. Some of my all time favorites are Rush, Radio Head, Tool, Yes, Smashing Pumpkins, Pink Floyd, NIN... I'm trying to start something of a jazz collection (I'm still a newb) by swapping music with a few friends.

My cure for winter time boredom:

Full time job
school two evenings
gym two evenings
brew patrol Friday night
school work on Saturday
brew patrol Saturday night
house work on Sunday

And it's starting to get old. I'm really looking forward to Zdayz this spring. Anybody making definite plans?

I'll be at the Columbus meet in July also.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:07 AM
04ECSTAZ

Pulpz2, you've got the right idea there...what are you going to school for anyway, if you dont mind me asking?

You guys that are in Dayton and Columbus...where are your favorite hang-outs or bars??
Krome is one of my favorites in Columbus(I think it may be called something else now). I've been to the Asylum in Dayton, that one isn't too bad either. Don't know of too many others though, just tryin to find some different places to hang out on weekends.

Speaking of Zdayz, I was just introduced to that last week(vaguely, if I might add)...what exactly and WHEN is it this year? I'm definately interested in gettin out with some of you guys, last summer with having NO OTHER Z's to cruise with kinda got old.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:55 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by 04ECSTAZ
Pulpz2, you've got the right idea there...what are you going to school for anyway, if you dont mind me asking?
I have an MS in Physics from WSU (2003). This winter I enrolled part-time into the WSU Computer Science Graduate program. Right now I’m taking prerequisite undergraduate programming courses.

You guys that are in Dayton and Columbus...where are your favorite hang-outs or bars??
Krome is one of my favorites in Columbus (I think it may be called something else now). I've been to the Asylum in Dayton, that one isn't too bad either. Don't know of too many others though, just trying to find some different places to hang out on weekends. ?
I usually hit Frickers, BW3s, or a place in Tipp City called Hinders. Every now and then I hit the Oregon District downtown Dayton but usually only during the summer when the Dayton Dragons are in town.

Went to the Asylum several times. I thought it closed. Is it still open? There is place called 1470 West downtown Dayton also that closed for a while but just reopened after a major renovation. I’ve heard its really nice but I haven’t checked it out yet. I’ve never been to Krome.

Speaking of Zdayz, I was just introduced to that last week (vaguely, if I might add)...what exactly and WHEN is it this year? I'm definately interested in gettin out with some of you guys, last summer with having NO OTHER Z's to cruise with kinda got old.
The URL for Zdayz is http://www.zdayzevents.com/. It’s held at the Fontana Village Resort in the North Carolina Mountains May 20-22. The Tail of the Dragon is legendary. I haven’t experienced it first hand but I’ve heard nothing but great things about it. The s2ki.com really rave about it. This will be my first year attending. I’ve booked a reservation at the resort for Friday night thru Sunday morning. If you are seriously thinking about going, it may be a good idea to make a reservation now. I think 430ztt is planning on going as well.

I’m planning on taking a few vacation days during spring break to do the in car PC install. I’ve ripped my entire CD collection onto my home PC so my plan is to have all my music stored on a hard drive in the Z. PC based Navi is only about 100 bucks. I’m thinking about installing a sub/amp also. And maybe front and rear sways. Oh, and I cant forget the alignment! Then I’ll be ready for the road trip to ZDayz.

I’d like to install the Nismo suspension but I don’t think I’ll have the money for a while. Plus, I want to make sure I have this tire feathering issue in the bag before I sink any cash into the suspension.

Are there any Zs at all around Lima?

Anybody do autocross? I’ve never done it but after but I want to try it a few times this summer. I also want to do a track day at Mid Ohio but it’s expensive.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:46 AM
pulpz2

Official Zdayz thread.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=96851
Old 01-27-2005, 01:51 PM
04ECSTAZ

Pulpz,
Interesting, I have thought about going to school in the future for something along those lines(of computer programming, etc)...I just finished up school less than a year ago(went to University of Northwestern Ohio and got my degree in Automotive Technology) so I'm gonna wait a while before I go back(not only because schooling is HELLA EXPENSIVE but I need a break from the classroom for a while).
I'll hafta check out Hinders, I've got family in Tipp City so Im in the area on occasion. If you are ever in the Columbus area and you like EXTREMELY hot bartenders be sure to swing into Krome for a beer or 2. The last time I was at the Asylum was almost a year ago and I heard then that they were planning on shutting down for renovations in the near future...by now though I'm sure they are back up and running. I've heard many people talk about the Oregon District but I don't know how to get there or anything about it for that matter.
So is the Tail Of The Dragon part of the Zdayz events or what? I was kinda confused and haven't had time to look at the thread you attached(thanks, by the way). Yeah I plan on attending the Zdayz event thus far, I just hope my plans don't need to change for work or whatever but the reservations sound like a good idea. I may get with you in the next couple weeks on all that good stuff.
The whole bit about the in-car PC sounds awesome(I LOVE the idea with having all your music in one spot & not having to fumble with CD's etc). Definately let us know how the install goes. Never done autocross, but I've recently been thinking a lot about getting into it here and there this summer. I had a nice "donation" from a friend that works for the City, he dropped off a collection of brand new orange construction-type cones that I requested for my amateur autocrossing If I do set something up this summer with some of my buddies around here like we planned, I will be sure to let you guys know!
As with the Z's in Lima...as far as I know(from ENDLESS cruising, and my research at the Nissan dealership) there are 5 350's rolling around Lima NOT including mine, and none of them with mods: 2 Chrome Silver(1 is an lady in her late 40's. the other is a guy that lets his go to hell...you would think he has 2 black rims on the front from all the built-up brake dust), 1 Daytona Blue, a Super Black roadster(the Dr. that owns it drives it year around and he has 1 modification...CB set-up that he GLUED AND TAPED to his fender and dash. It's so horrible I didn't know wether to laugh or cry!) and a Pikes Peak White(Allen County Deputy retiree...he actually does have one modification that I liked VERY much considering his age & job: he had the factory 18s chromed, they look sharp!). Aside from those 5, I haven't found a 350Z within a 30-40 mile radius of Lima or Wapak, kind of a bummer for me. Although I like having a car that not many others have, I'd like least SOMEONE to play with...that's why you guys in Dayton, Cincy and C-bus can count on seeing me this spring & summer! Ok, enough typing, ya'll have a good night...
Brad
Old 02-06-2005, 01:04 AM
zmespeed

im anther dayton area Z inbetween dayton and cincy.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:58 PM
grifferjr

Originally posted by zmespeed
welcome zmespeed. whereabouts between there, cause thats exactly where i am also. i do most my travelling in the springboro/miamisburg and middletown area. anyway, glad to have ya here!!!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 03:59 AM
04ECSTAZ

welcome zmespeed! yeah let us know exactly where you are from, im curious as well.
also whenever you get time, take a minute and tell a little about your Z, i'd like to hear about it...year, model, mods, etc.

take it easy...
Old 02-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Sea Call

Default Re: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Thought I would check in after a long absence from the boards. Recently transplanted my Z from St. Augustine, FL to Springboro, OH - job transfer. Have seen a few other Zs around the area since moving here in August, but few and far between.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:55 AM
grifferjr

Default Re: Re: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Originally posted by Sea Call
Thought I would check in after a long absence from the boards. Recently transplanted my Z from St. Augustine, FL to Springboro, OH - job transfer. Have seen a few other Zs around the area since moving here in August, but few and far between.
welcome to springboro, OH. I work there myself. I live in west carrollton though but i am always driving 741. so if you see a redline Z with the chrome grille, thats me. give a wave. i always try to wave also.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:04 AM
pulpz2

Yeah, welcome zmespeed and sea call. I work in the Miamisburg Area also (old DOE Mound Facility). I live in Englewood.

When the weather is nice I drive the Z to work occasionally so if you see a Silverstone Enthusiast (tinted windows) in the Miamisburg/Centerville/West Carrolton area its probably me.

If Grifferjr is out and about you won't miss him. The Redline with the after market wheels stand out big time! You'll be impressed.

Spring is just around the corner; we should plan a casual meet soon.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:07 PM
grifferjr

Originally posted by pulpz2
Yeah, welcome zmespeed and sea call. I work in the Miamisburg Area also (old DOE Mound Facility). I live in Englewood.

When the weather is nice I drive the Z to work occasionally so if you see a Silverstone Enthusiast (tinted windows) in the Miamisburg/Centerville/West Carrolton area its probably me.

If Grifferjr is out and about you won't miss him. The Redline with the after market wheels stand out big time! You'll be impressed.

Spring is just around the corner; we should plan a casual meet soon.
thanks for the compliment pulpz2. yeah i cannot wait for spring. i get to put them rims back on. these blizzacks sure have helped out this winter. we had a pretty decent amount of snow. but the handling with the Zacks is crap. specially with the rear end.

anywho, we all need to get together. maybe someplace in miamisburg like Chumps, or maybe in west carrollton at the BW3's. would be a blast. give it another month or two and it would be the perfect time.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:45 PM
pulpz2

Originally posted by grifferjr
thanks for the compliment pulpz2. yeah i cannot wait for spring. i get to put them rims back on. these blizzacks sure have helped out this winter. we had a pretty decent amount of snow. but the handling with the Zacks is crap. specially with the rear end.

anywho, we all need to get together. maybe someplace in miamisburg like Chumps, or maybe in west carrollton at the BW3's. would be a blast. give it another month or two and it would be the perfect time.
Sounds great. Speaking of Chumps, what are the doing, do you know? Are they adding on to the building or remodeling the patio? The structure over 3/4 of the patio are looks temporary.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:18 PM
grifferjr

yeah i saw that. i stopped in there a weekend or so ago and i was stumped. of course i could have solved the problem by just asking the question, but of course i did not.

lets hope its temporary. not that the patio was drop dead awesome, but it was a great place to hang out on summer nights. specially on my way home from golf league thursday nights. not too mention that they had the most comfortable patio furniture anywhere. i could rock in those damn chairs with a cold brew all day long. damn i am easy to please!!!!

i hope its not permanent.

later.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:36 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by grifferjr
yeah i saw that. i stopped in there a weekend or so ago and i was stumped. of course i could have solved the problem by just asking the question, but of course i did not.

lets hope its temporary. not that the patio was drop dead awesome, but it was a great place to hang out on summer nights. specially on my way home from golf league thursday nights. not too mention that they had the most comfortable patio furniture anywhere. i could rock in those damn chairs with a cold brew all day long. damn i am easy to please!!!!

i hope its not permanent.

later.
Its funny you mention the patio furniture. That was one of my selling points to a few friends one night last summer when we debating where to go for dinner. As soon as they sat down, they were belivers! haha
Old 02-25-2005, 04:47 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by zmespeed
Nice avitar. Is that you?
Old 02-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Sea Call

Thanks for the welcome grifferjr and pulpz2! A casual meet and cruise once the weather shapes up sounds good - I'm certainly getting inpatient for this winter to be over. No snows on the Z so it only gets out when it's dry (Durango for snow days). Haven't seen you guys, but have followed a black Z on Weidner coming home some nights...
Old 02-28-2005, 07:28 AM
04ECSTAZ

Been very busy the last few weeks trying to finalize everything on the Z for spring but Im finally back here. Welcome aboard Sea Call! Once weather permits(and I agree with you Sea Call...this Ohio weather sucks and Im getting impatient as well) we all definately need to get together. Not sure of the establishments you guys are talkin about, but I'd love to go with ya'll sometime if you guys dont mind. Still a little too early for me(my Z doesn't see snow and won't see rain unless I get stuck on a drive home or somethin) but the time will be here before we know it.
We need to get bigwilly and everyone else in this post a holla...we need to get this Ohio thread rollin again!
Old 02-28-2005, 05:51 PM
grifferjr

you are right this ohio thread has died down over the last few months. i definately blame this crappy weather. aint mother nature a b!tch??? she gives us a great weekend and then what do we get?? maybe 2-6 inches of the white crap.

my Z definately envies all of yours. mine has weathered the winter from the start, a daily driver, has almost 35k miles now (thats what i get for dating a girl in west chester). anyway, the Z has handled the powder greatly with blizzacks on the rear.

i wish some of the other Z's i see around were on this board. i know there is a silverstone in the springboro dorothy lane market area, must work there. there is also someone who works at soundwaves south of the dayton mall, another silverstone. those Z's are daily drivers also, i see them all the time. the one at soundwaves also has some tight rims, not on now but at the end of last year saw them on there. also saw a daytona blue in the blockbuster lot here in west carrollton last week. all decked out, body kit, and some gold rims. nice.

well i am just rambling now. talk to everyone later. and please mother nature, enough already, please!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 04:51 PM
pulpz2

Hey, back on line!

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.