Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:27 AM
pulpz2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grifferjr
sounds fun. if my plans open up i might meet you guys at the track. i go to kil kare all the time on friday nights with my pops for the racing. i dont live to awful far from there so it wouldnt make any sense to meet you guys at kings island.

i will have to say this. if the weather is nice you can count on one thing, i will be golfing!!!!

thanks for the info.
thats cool . I'm driving down to meet up with everyone at Kings Island. I think a few people will be at the meet but not make the trip to Kil Kare. Besides, it's pretty cool to be crusing down the road in a caravan of kick *ss cars.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:52 AM
04ECSTAZ

hey guys...the turn-out yesterday was GREAT(met at Kings Island and went to Kil-Kare, etc). I think there were 11 Z's total...8 350Z's, 2 300ZX's and a 280Z. AWESOME TIME...anyone that missed out DEFINATELY needs to plan on coming to the next one, we had a blast! I got some pics but they are too big to post so once someone hosts them I will be sure to let you guys know. Meantime, if you want, you can PM me your e-mail address and I can send em to you that way.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:37 AM
pulpz2

Resuscitate! Anybody still around?
Old 07-06-2005, 02:10 PM
grifferjr

Originally Posted by pulpz2
Resuscitate! Anybody still around?
yeah pulpz2!!

i am still hanging around the west carrollton/miamisburg/springboro area. i have checked this thread a few times and saw nothing, so i figured all are out in the weather having fun with their Z's.

nothing new on my end other than I have been driving the **** out of my Z. got a girl down in west chester and seeing her most nights of the week have got my odo up to 41k miles. because of that i am outa factory warranty and my driver window motor decided to die last week, so i need to get that replaced.

no hurry though cause it will cost me a few hundy and i am in no hurry to part with that cash yet. would rather spend it playing golf!!! especially now that we arent in that 90+ degree 98% humidity weather!!!!

hope all is well with you and yours!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:01 AM
pulpz2

Originally Posted by grifferjr
yeah pulpz2!!

i am still hanging around the west carrollton/miamisburg/springboro area. i have checked this thread a few times and saw nothing, so i figured all are out in the weather having fun with their Z's.

nothing new on my end other than I have been driving the **** out of my Z. got a girl down in west chester and seeing her most nights of the week have got my odo up to 41k miles. because of that i am outa factory warranty and my driver window motor decided to die last week, so i need to get that replaced.

no hurry though cause it will cost me a few hundy and i am in no hurry to part with that cash yet. would rather spend it playing golf!!! especially now that we arent in that 90+ degree 98% humidity weather!!!!

hope all is well with you and yours!

Yeah, I've been putting on the miles also. Went to Zdayz in May, back and forth from Kentucky a few times to visit friends, and my wife has been driving it a lot also. She drives it to work occasionally and wouldn’t you know it, those are the nights she and her girlfriend go out after work! Oh well, what’s a guy to do.

I’ve put about 6k miles since the beginning of April on the new suspension setup and Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires. Rides wonderfully and no adverse tire wear yet (I don’t even want to say the word feathering again). So things are looking good.

Front brake rotors are about shot from all the hard driving I’ve been doing. The Dragon really took its toll . I'm looking to upgrade the rotors.

Oh, and I bought the Z-bracket for the front plate. I got stopped on Memorial Day for no front plate and ended up taking a sobriety test. The Trooper let me go even though I was iffy on the test. I was about a mile form home and told him that’s where I was headed. He gave me a warning for the plate. He was really cool about it.

The passenger side window started acting up last week. Rolls all the way up and back down half way. It’s kinda’ comical. I’m going to make an appointment at Beau Townsend Nissan to have it fixed. Screw Castrucci.

Other than installing the new sound system, I haven’t done much else. Are you happy with the wheel offsets and have you done anything else to the Z?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:11 AM
pulpz2

Oh, and here are few pictures me and my buddy Phu tearing it up on the Dragon. Pictures were taken by Killboy.com. I had to pay 5 bucks a piece but the orignalls are high resolution images suitable for quality printing of posters.
Attached Thumbnails The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-img_6188_50.jpg   The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-img_4602_50.jpg   The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-img_6019_50.jpg  

Last edited by pulpz2; 07-07-2005 at 05:20 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:16 AM
pulpz2

And a few pics of the Ohio/Indiana/Canada/Kentucky/West Virginia/Illinois Caravan to Z dayz (20 Z's all together). You may have seen some of these posted on other threads.
Attached Thumbnails The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-caravan1.jpg   The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-caravan2.jpg   The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-caravan3.jpg   The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-caravan5.jpg   The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-caravan4a.jpg  

Last edited by pulpz2; 07-07-2005 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:17 AM
pulpz2

And a few more...
Attached Thumbnails The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-caravan6.jpg   The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-caravan7.jpg   The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-caravan8.jpg   The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-caravan9.jpg   The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-caravan10.jpg  

Old 07-07-2005, 05:18 AM
pulpz2

Ahh, and after a day fo drivng we finally arrive at the beginning of the Dragon.....hang on folks!
Attached Thumbnails The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-caravan12.jpg  
Old 07-07-2005, 08:23 AM
grifferjr

great pics!!!!!

sounds like you have been enjoying the Z to its fullest.

for your window, definately take it to beau. I took mine to castrucci for the window motor and they charged me 70 bucks just to diagnos it. then they wanted 500 plus for the actual repair. dont think so.

love my wheels. ended up going big on the spacers. 25mm from h&r, on the front only. the fronts sit flush now, so thats all cool. the rears are still tuck in a touch but from people I talk to they cant even notice all that much, unless i point it out of course. and if thats the case i have to ask myself if i really want to drop another 200 bucks to just bring the rubber out a few cm's. again I have golf to think about, so i dont think so.

well i better run. have to get some work done. we should think about trying to get something together say at chumps with all the fellow Z'ers. what they ended up doing with the patio is pretty sweet!!!! havent been there since they have opened it but drive by all the time cause my parents live right by there in miamisburg.

later.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:08 AM
bokone

Anyone attending the Mid Ohio NASA driving school on Aug. 5th?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:44 AM
pulpz2

Originally Posted by bokone
Anyone attending the Mid Ohio NASA driving school on Aug. 5th?

I wasn't planning on it but how much does it cost and and can you provide a link for more info? Do you drive your own or thier car?

Thanks
Old 07-07-2005, 12:36 PM
430ztt

pulpz....your drive your own. I am working out a deal with NASA to help host the ZCCO Spring Track day I am trying to put together.

For anyone that isn't in the know about this yet, check this link:
http://zcco.org/modules.php?name=For...viewtopic&t=42

The regional rep from NASA said he could offer ZCCO members a 10% discount on the event on August 5th and we could work out some details for the event in spring. If people are definently going to the event on August 5th, I will try to start a list early next week probably on 350Z MOTORING dot COM to see who all wants to go but I am not even sure of the price and requirements to run your car on August 5th. It will be a Time Attack setup where you just see who can get the fastest lap times.

Pulpz, your window problem, I started to have that happen last week and it is bugging the shiat out of me. If you go to get it fixed, let me know what they do. I am under warranty but dont want to be without my car
Old 07-08-2005, 05:07 AM
bokone

The Mid Ohio is a one day event Aug 5th. You drive your car. I will be in the novice class (group 1). The descriptions of the groups are on the site. Cost for this event is $40 for a year membership and $195 for the school.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/
Welcome to NASAProRacing.com!

http://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/list_events
NASA Event Registration
Old 07-08-2005, 11:12 AM
z2thdr

Anybody going to the Grove City Z Show July 15-16?

http://www.zroc.org/
Old 07-08-2005, 01:16 PM
430ztt

yeah I will be there on saturday. if you check out www.cincyz.com they have a thread their for people that will be meeting there. There are alot of people from all over Ohio on Cincyz.com
Old 07-09-2005, 07:10 AM
pulpz2

Originally Posted by bokone
The Mid Ohio is a one day event Aug 5th. You drive your car. I will be in the novice class (group 1). The descriptions of the groups are on the site. Cost for this event is $40 for a year membership and $195 for the school.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/
Welcome to NASAProRacing.com!

http://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/list_events
NASA Event Registration

I'll have to pass this year. Front brakes aren't taking the abuse anymore so I need to do an upgrade. So the cost of the brake upgrade, membership, and school will be a bit pricey right now. Plus, what money and time I do have is wrapped up in home improvemnt crap right now.

I'm definitely in for next spring.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:14 AM
pulpz2

I'm in for Z Day next Saturday.

430ztt, I'll meet up with you guys someplace between Cincy and Columbus. We can finalize this next week once we know who is and isn't going. Phu may go also. I'm not sure if he will be coming up from Florence or if he'll be coming from Dayton.

If anyone else from the Dayton area is going Saturday morning and wants to meet up just let me know.

Last edited by pulpz2; 07-09-2005 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:41 PM
ZonDubs

Hey, I'm in central Ohio, looking for a few people to get together this spring. I also have a friend here that has a Z as well. Let me know...
Old 01-27-2006, 11:19 PM
push

Hey ZonDubs, check out www.zcco.org, it's a site where you will find a lot of the ohio z's. Not sure if you've heard of zDayz but we're getting ready to get a cabin for the weekend before it fills up for that. www.zdayzevents.com Feel free to IM me on aim: push350z I think i'm gonna try to get a meet together in the next few weeks.

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.