Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 01:00 PM
OhioStyles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow03z
Awesome!

Side note... Dee I can not believe you had Myers put your exhaust on.
lol, jus saw this. why'd you say that, cause it was crooked to ****.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

...waiting on powder coating over here. How's everyone else's winter projects coming?
Going to get my SSR wheels powder coated this winter - where you having your work done? I'm thinking Streetwerkz as they did an awesome job on the wheels and some suspension parts for a guy who works with me.

Awesome!

Side note... Dee I can not believe you had Myers put your exhaust on.
lol......did Dee buy that Momentum that Chris was selling? Sale price came with installation IIRC.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:46 AM
OhioStyles

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Going to get my SSR wheels powder coated this winter - where you having your work done? I'm thinking Streetwerkz as they did an awesome job on the wheels and some suspension parts for a guy who works with me.

lol......did Dee buy that Momentum that Chris was selling? Sale price came with installation IIRC.
yup i was the lucky one. it did also come with installation
Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 AM
PerfZ

I'll be listening for ya in Hilliard, lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 PM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DeesZee
lol, jus saw this. why'd you say that, cause it was crooked to ****.
I'd trust Chris about as far as I could throw him, and he's a big dude. Saw him do some suspension work with a box wrench. No consideration of torquing things to spec. Not someone that I want attaching critical parts to my car.

Originally Posted by PerfZ
I've been to Streetwerkz they are stand up. They did my plenum a couple years ago and couldn't get it right. They fixed their work 3 times until I was happy.

Lately I've been going to Wheel medic because they are close to where I work. I've had them do about 10 small pieces and they have all come out good. Plus they specialize in wheel repair. The cost was a little more than streetwerkz but I'm ok with paying for convenience.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
ocdz

btw the problem with the plenum was not entirely streetwerkz fault. The plenum is cast aluminum which is notoriously hard to powdercoat. That coupled with the "super bright finish" which is a powdercoat that mocks chrome does not like to breathe. Prone to out-gassing.

Like I said though they did right by me and fixed it.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Z_on_TE37's

So far I've gotten my front wheel spacers on, my lip is mounted, my plenum is in the fine sanding process and my hands are hating me for it, rolled my fenders with my fender roller I fabricated, and I did some gates racing series belts with ngk spark plugs. I'm well on my way of my winter goals.

P.S. - if anyone in the northeast Ohio area (im in Youngstown) needs their fenders rolled get a hold of me, I do it way cheaper than any shop.

And one last thing, I hate road salt.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM
kburg711

Originally Posted by Z_on_TE37's
P.S. - if anyone in the northeast Ohio area (im in Youngstown) needs their fenders rolled get a hold of me, I do it way cheaper than any shop.

I may take you up on this offer in the spring/summer (no more salt)! I dropped my car last summer but haven't found a place to roll my fenders to put on some wheel spacers.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:41 AM
Z_on_TE37's

I do it cheap my man. The rears are a bi+(h to roll bc of how thick they are and how much coating they put on the inside lol, but I take my time and give it my best effort. (No guarantees that the paint on the inside lip won't crack) and the fronts are easy to roll. I'll do a Z all 4 corners for 75$. I usually charge 25$ per fender but the fronts are kinda easier to roll on a Z.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM
kburg711

I do it cheap my man. The rears are a bi+(h to roll bc of how thick they are and how much coating they put on the inside lol, but I take my time and give it my best effort. (No guarantees that the paint on the inside lip won't crack) and the fronts are easy to roll. I'll do a Z all 4 corners for 75$. I usually charge 25$ per fender but the fronts are kinda easier to roll on a Z.
Sounds good to me! ill ether shoot you a pm or post in here when the time comes for it to be done
Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Z_on_TE37's

Pm will do just fine, that way I can give you my cell #. I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:10 PM
ocdz

So far I've gotten my front wheel spacers on, my lip is mounted, my plenum is in the fine sanding process and my hands are hating me for it, rolled my fenders with my fender roller I fabricated, and I did some gates racing series belts with ngk spark plugs. I'm well on my way of my winter goals.

What kind of wheels are you running that you needed the fronts rolled?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Z_on_TE37's

The fronts didn't necessarily need rolled, I only rolled them a little bit, I gave them more of an angle just so I was positive that I got them out of the way.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 AM
azn_speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Selling a nismo v3 bumper for cheap 200$ needs work but it's repairable PM me I'm in Akron area. If anyone's interested
Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 AM
kburg711

Originally Posted by azn_speedracer
Selling a nismo v3 bumper for cheap 200$ needs work but it's repairable PM me I'm in Akron area. If anyone's interested
Color? and what exactly is damaged with it? Pictures would help
Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 AM
ocdz

Hey guys I'm trying to sell my Wilwood BBK. More details here: https://my350z.com/forum/brakes/5720...n-red-bbk.html

If anyone is interested please contact me. The price I have posted there is negotiable. Especially if I deal locally and do not have to ship.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 PM
z74z90

Come on over to Indiana this June......

2013 Midwest Z Heritage
Save the Dates: June 14 & 15, 2013
Nashville, INDIANA

The Indy Z Car Club will be hosting this event in 2013 and we are returning to Brown County, Indiana. This year’s hosting hotel will be the Season’s Lodge in Nashville, Indiana. So start planning now to get away to rustic Southern Indiana and drive some twisty back roads, shop in the art colony of Nashville, hike in Brown County State Park, visit the architectural gems of Columbus, IN, and explore the nearby wineries. This event rotates between Cleveland Z Car, Windy City Z Car, ZROC of Columbus, OH and Indy Z Car Club.

In an expanded format, we invite classic Datsun Roadsters, Nissan GTR’s and Infiniti G’s to join us to make this an inclusive Nissan celebration sponsored by Dreyer and Reinbold Infiniti.

Event registration is open! Hotel registration is open! Visit http://www.midwestzheritage.com for complete information.

Just remember to save the dates of June 14 & 15, 2013 on your calendars and start planning now to attend the 2013 Midwest Z Heritage Car Show in beautiful Nashville, Indiana.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 AM
PerfZ

Originally Posted by z74z90
Come on over to Indiana this June......

2013 Midwest Z Heritage
Save the Dates: June 14 & 15, 2013
Nashville, INDIANA

The Indy Z Car Club will be hosting this event in 2013 and we are returning to Brown County, Indiana. This year’s hosting hotel will be the Season’s Lodge in Nashville, Indiana. So start planning now to get away to rustic Southern Indiana and drive some twisty back roads, shop in the art colony of Nashville, hike in Brown County State Park, visit the architectural gems of Columbus, IN, and explore the nearby wineries. This event rotates between Cleveland Z Car, Windy City Z Car, ZROC of Columbus, OH and Indy Z Car Club.

In an expanded format, we invite classic Datsun Roadsters, Nissan GTR’s and Infiniti G’s to join us to make this an inclusive Nissan celebration sponsored by Dreyer and Reinbold Infiniti.

Event registration is open! Hotel registration is open! Visit http://www.midwestzheritage.com for complete information.

Just remember to save the dates of June 14 & 15, 2013 on your calendars and start planning now to attend the 2013 Midwest Z Heritage Car Show in beautiful Nashville, Indiana.
ZROC will be rolling a caravan to the event on Friday morning - any and all are welcome to join. Indy Z puts on a great event and you don't have to be a member of any club to attend a Regional. But - ZROC is giving away free memberships this year to anyone who has not previously been a member - PM me for details.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Z_on_TE37's

Well guys, I finally got the Z out on Monday and drove it around. Felt good to be behind the wheel again. I put my polished plenum along with a motordyne plenum spacer on, polished my intake, put my new strut bar on, my carbon fiber radiator panel on. My lip is on (unpainted).... Still gotta get a few things for it. And oh yeah, I FINALLY TUNED IT !!!! That Cobb stage 2 tune woke it up some. I need to get an exhaust, hopefully motordyne. Well, I hope you guys are having fun with your cars, I had a blast with mine.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:47 PM
MRRJP3

Ohio G Club Schedule of Events

Feb-Meeting of the Minds Ohio G Club Dayton or Quaker Steak
Super Bowl Party ????
Kart Outing in Cincy ??????

March - Performance Auto Spa Detailing Meet 10am 7640 Commerce Pl, Plain City, Oh
Karting Outing
Tunner Galeria Sat March 3rd
Monthly Mtg

April
Install Meet
Cars and Coffee every Sat
Dealer Run
Possible late April Driven With Pupose Car Show Quaker Steak Pk lot
Possible Dyno Day IPS
Start Twice a month Friday Quaker Steak or Tilted Kikt Cruise In
Circleville timed track run
Nelson Ledges Fun Day
Monthly Mtg
Late April Cruise
April 21st Import Faceoff
AIRPLANE HANGER PHOTOSHOOT !!!!!!!!

May
Install Mtg
Early May Cruise test before ZDAYZ
Nelson Ledges Funday
Carlisle Style and Performance !!!!!! May 11-12
ZDAYZ 2013 May 15-20
Quaker Steak / Tilted Kilt Criuse Inn
Cars and Coffee Every Sat
Thursday Night Lights Edgewater Sports Park every thurs starting in May

June
Dayton IFO June 23rd & 9/29
Hyperfest June 15, 2013 Summit Point, WV
Quaker Steak/ Tilted Kilt Cruise In
Midwest Z/G Heritage 14/15th
Cars and Coffee
Mid Ohio Rolex Series

July
July 12-13th Arthritis Foundation Car Show
Quaker Steak/ Tilted Kilt
Import Alliance July 20-21st
Install Meet
Cars and Coffee

August
Quaker Steak/ Tilted Kilt
Somebody find something to do ******
Install Meet
Cars and Coffee
Another Level Car Show Aug 10th

Sept ??????
Nelson Ledges Fun Run ????
Fall Cruise fo sho Amish Country stay at Berlin Hotel and Suites hang with Dean Anderson.
Install Meet
Cars and Coffee
Street Life Tour Sept Sat 14th
Quaker Steak/ Tilted Kilt Cruise In

October
Z Nationals 4th-5th
Driven With Purpose 11-12th

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.