Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zbrid
AJ, I could take some Pic. can't wait hear what it sounds like!!

If any of you guy's want to come over Saturday at 1:00pm your more then welcome, Put my exhaust on, talk ****, swap lies, drink Beer!!

Sounds Fun
Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM
zbrid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats ok Mike I'm sure that we will get the exhaust on! And we well have more Beer!! lol

Mike, I should have my spacer by then too, maybe we can take the AIR manifold off Too? but I want to bluff it out & make it look like chrome before I put it back on.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by shifty711
Yeah, i needed something to drive year round

so how's S4 ?

feel better then Z?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:31 PM
shifty711

Originally Posted by xhooniex83
so how's S4 ?

feel better then Z?
I like it alot, Its just a total different feel.

The power delivery is alot different. The car has a whole lot of power low end, its gets off of the line really well, and then the power feels like it tapers off.

I like it because it rides smooth and quiet. Very comfortable.

Also, the all wheel drive will be great in the winter.

The only thing that really bothers me about this car is only getting 17.5mpg. Especially with these high gas prices.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

The power delivery is alot different. The car has a whole lot of power low end, its gets off of the line really well, and then the power feels like it tapers off.

The only thing that really bothers me about this car is only getting 17.5mpg. Especially with these high gas prices.

oh AUDI wish to have one!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

anyone from Grand Rapid area?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:29 AM
MikeNT256

Boooo I don't wanna hear it!!! LS2, 12 city, 16 hwy. You're tellin me!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:03 AM
shifty711

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
Boooo I don't wanna hear it!!! LS2, 12 city, 16 hwy. You're tellin me!
Honestly, if I was only getting 12mpg I wouldnt be able to leave the house.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Datona Jess

OUCH Mike 12...Screw that!
I am getting rid of my G because I only get 22-24

Mike K 17 is not that bad.. considering its a 8 cylinder, and your driving style
Old 11-14-2007, 01:53 PM
zbrid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my spacer today. New wheels next!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:36 PM
MikeNT256

Honestly, if I was only getting 12mpg I wouldnt be able to leave the house.
Trust me, it's rough. I'm glad I live only 5 miles away from work. The truck is definitely a treat to drive. It's quick as hell and plenty practical.

The other day we went to my friend's grandma's house to pick up a treadmill and a fake christmas tree in a box. We crammed everything inside and got back on the freeway, and I kept trying to drive careful but I kept getting blocked, so finally I was like "fck this" and floored it, and that ***** got up to 110 easy with a full load in the back. We were laughing our asses off. But I was feeling it the next day with 1/4 tank gas gone.

The former EPA ratings said my truck gets 15 city and 19 hwy. The new EPA ratings state it gets 12 city and 16 hwy.

12 mpg + 22 gal tank = $70 a week. I'm trying to hold out a little bit because my girlfriend really loves the truck, and I love it too, and she might take it over so that I can get a car again. But it's sorta like I may be stuck - I'd have to find someone who'd take over the lease (truck only has 8200 miles, and i got it last January, and it's probably the cheapest SS payment you'll ever find PERIOD).

I'd love to get a Z simply because of the gas mileage. I'd almost say fck the practicality and get to enjoy a sporty and gas-conscious car. Most likely by the time i'd ready, it'd be a 06/07 used Z, unless I can come up with the cash to buy a brand new Z, but if thats the case I could always wait till the new body style comes out. I've only got 3 choices in mind:

Used Z
Used GTO (yeah..as many problems as I had, I'd still take one back in a heartbeat)
Brand new G8 (back to a gas guzzler, and i'm not sure if I want a sedan, although i know it'll be more Michigan friendly than the pro-Australian born GTO).
Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM
shifty711

Trust me, it's rough. I'm glad I live only 5 miles away from work. The truck is definitely a treat to drive. It's quick as hell and plenty practical.

The other day we went to my friend's grandma's house to pick up a treadmill and a fake christmas tree in a box. We crammed everything inside and got back on the freeway, and I kept trying to drive careful but I kept getting blocked, so finally I was like "fck this" and floored it, and that ***** got up to 110 easy with a full load in the back. We were laughing our asses off. But I was feeling it the next day with 1/4 tank gas gone.

The former EPA ratings said my truck gets 15 city and 19 hwy. The new EPA ratings state it gets 12 city and 16 hwy.

12 mpg + 22 gal tank = $70 a week. I'm trying to hold out a little bit because my girlfriend really loves the truck, and I love it too, and she might take it over so that I can get a car again. But it's sorta like I may be stuck - I'd have to find someone who'd take over the lease (truck only has 8200 miles, and i got it last January, and it's probably the cheapest SS payment you'll ever find PERIOD).

I'd love to get a Z simply because of the gas mileage. I'd almost say fck the practicality and get to enjoy a sporty and gas-conscious car. Most likely by the time i'd ready, it'd be a 06/07 used Z, unless I can come up with the cash to buy a brand new Z, but if thats the case I could always wait till the new body style comes out. I've only got 3 choices in mind:

Used Z
Used GTO (yeah..as many problems as I had, I'd still take one back in a heartbeat)
Brand new G8 (back to a gas guzzler, and i'm not sure if I want a sedan, although i know it'll be more Michigan friendly than the pro-Australian born GTO).

Why not wait untill the BMW 135i is released. That is going to be a bad *** car.

The only reason I am suggesting that instead of the Z is because I've had a Z already and would rather try something new. But, a Z would be new to you, so its your choice of course.

I just think that TT3.0I6 motor that BMW is using is awesome. I just drove the 335xi in automatic today, and it made me a little jealous. The thing is sooo damn quick. And the power delivery is smooth as well. I can't even describe the feel of those motors. Absolutely no turbo lag at all. Its insane.

Also, for $1400 you can get a piggy back that puts you up to 370whp and 410wtq.

Pretty nasty if you ask me.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 PM
MikeNT256

I can't see myself driving a BMW unless it's a M3. Call me crazy, but if I'm gonna go big, i'm gonna go big. Otherwise, I still love the Z. But of course it's not my only choice.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

I can't see myself driving a BMW unless it's a M3. Call me crazy, but if I'm gonna go big, i'm gonna go big. Otherwise, I still love the Z. But of course it's not my only choice.

+1
Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 AM
Datona Jess

The 135 is less practical then a Z and will be about $10,000 more then the Z Mike.
Those freakin little things, loaded 135I will be around $40,000
I damn near $hit when I read that last week.

Personally if I was to spend $64,000 on a car I would get the new GTR without question.

Mike, let you women take the truck, and get a new 08 Z with the HR motor..

Craig, can't wait to see your car next year man...
What tires are you thiking of getting?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:31 AM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
The 135 is less practical then a Z and will be about $10,000 more then the Z Mike.
Those freakin little things, loaded 135I will be around $40,000
I damn near $hit when I read that last week.

Mike, let you women take the truck, and get a new 08 Z with the HR motor..
Yeah exactly. I'm just hoping I can hold out until she's done paying for her Cavalier. I want her to sell that, but she wants to pay it off so she can give it to her younger sister.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:37 AM
blueper4mancez

get a Z twin turbo it and call it a day .
Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 AM
MikeNT256

I think the first thing I would do if I got a Z is start shopping for winter tires/wheels, then probably change the OEM tires to something better for wet. Everyone and their spin-outs concern me.

And i'm also stuck on what i'd consider, stick or auto. I've driven both and love both. AT would be nice for if my gf needed to drive, ST would be fun again for me to own a stick again.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Datona Jess

Get the Stick, then she CAN'T drive it...
That is an awesome option..

Also there are snow wheels and tires for sale right in this section..
Bingo...
They are easy to come by
I can always jsut sell you Mine, which are perfect still
Old 11-15-2007, 07:16 AM
MikeNT256

Will you have em by next year? Hehe, probably not.

I'm detailing my buddy's Z in 2 weeks, so i'll get a chance to thoroughly experience what it's like to detail that car. To me, that's just as important as how it drives, because I do love to detail cars, and I actually hate how long it takes to detail my truck, lol. Top to bottom, it takes the better part of 8 hours. Inside and out.

I have to show you guys some pictures recently of my truck too that I took. Couple of them are photoshopped, only to add color, otherwise the shots effects are original.

As far as trans, I may need to borrow the truck from time to time. My mom and I are going to start investing in homes, and I will be helping on the construction side of things. If thats the case, I can't leave her stranded without a car. But we'll see. I'm all about the gas mileage lol. And from the new 08 revised EPA records, the Z went down a tad. But the stick is still really good. My GTO was 17/26 in 2005. So now it's probably 15/24 revised.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3