Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Chicago Area Meet + Dyno Day in June

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 03:48 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chicago Area Meet + Dyno Day in June

Hello everyone... my name is Charles. I am the owner of an import shop called CJ Motorsports in the west burbs of Chicago. My shop is an appointment only tuner shop and I currently work mostly on Toyota MR2s and turbocharged Hondas. I have done many other cars obviously, but those are just my most common.

Anyhow, I have a black 350 track edition currently stock other than a genuine NISMO wing. I am going to be using this car as a shop car and performing and testing modifications on it.

Within a few weeks I will have the ATI Procharger supercharger kit on it for testing and promotion. I am basically going to do what I can do keep this Z as fast as I can one step at a time. Currently the SC is our best bet. We were in the process of R&D to do our own turbo kit, but we leaned away from that one for now and figured we will wait a year or two and find the flaws in the first few kits released.

I am moving my shop down the street about a mile to a place that 4x the size I am in now, and I will be going big time with it. Full showroom, inventory, and dynoing with no appt.

The shop will not be moved until November-ish.

One thing I would like to do is after I get this supercharger installed and do a few more modifications... is to get my business in contact and known with all the local Z owners. The 350z is a market I am going to promote and utilize.

My current shop is rather small, but I have had dyno days and meets here before for the Honda guys... so I am going to stick my head out and see if anyone is interesting in doing a dyno day?

Basically we would pick a day after I get the SC in, and we would all have a BBQ at my shop on a Saturday or Sunday. Showing up would be free... dynoing your Z would be a discount rate.. and I will be showing off my Z with the supercharger and possibly give a few rides to those who are seriously considering picking one up.

Please give me some feedback on what you guys would like to see... and if you have any ideas for what I can do to help promote the Z in this area, I am open to suggestions. Maybe suggestions as to things I should keep in stock for the Z, and service rates I could discount for Z owners.

Thanks for reading!

Charles
CJ Motorsports
Old 06-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Redline350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Charles,

I think a dyno day later this summer would be fun. I'd definitely stop by and do a run if you decided to do it. Wouldn't mind taking a peek under your hood after that S/C install too - I don't plan to do any forced induction (well... maybe in a couple of years when the warranty runs out), but I'm curious to see what happens when the Z gets blown.

Based on our last get-together, it sounds like there are several local Z owners that are seriously considering installing the Borla true dual exhaust. How about a combination exhaust install & dyno day?
Old 06-12-2003, 12:51 PM
kernel

I would so be all over that, i wanna check and see if i really killed my Z during break-in. i can't really tell if its running at peak or not all i know is its just freaking fast. as for the exhast thing i would be on board for that.

i have seen prices of 700 but i'm sure with time it could get lower.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:29 PM
RKirschner

I would be interested depending on the date. Sounds like a good time. Where exactly is your shop located at?
Old 06-28-2003, 04:02 PM
synth19

I would be interested as well
Old 06-29-2003, 04:09 PM
ChrisBergstrom

count me in
Old 06-30-2003, 02:26 PM
VR3

I'm in. What's the phone number there and address?
Old 06-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Omega350Z

Any word on the group buy price for the Borla true dual exhaust? Or if its even happening?
Old 07-02-2003, 11:26 AM
myG35zx

I have been attempting to setup a dyno day for G and Z's, but have had little response. I have three G's willing and am intersted in moving it to your shop. BTW, I met a "friend" of yours at the GL Dragway. He gave me your card. Which looks just like your webpage. What dates were you thinking?
Robert
Old 07-02-2003, 12:30 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The shop is located in Aurora/Batavia... right on the border of the two. Route 56 and Farnsworth. A block off I-88.

The address and contact info is at www.cj-motorsports.com

As for the Borla full Duals, I have 3 on the way here as I type this, 1 is mine. Price is $685. I can get more if these move fast.

As for the date on the dyno day... you guys go ahead and pick a day that works for you.

As for what I said about the Procharger... I might be holding off now. I put the story in another thread but ask me if you care.

-Charles
CJ Motorsports
Old 07-02-2003, 03:30 PM
RKirschner

Well, I'm going on vacation July till July 20th. I would be in for the following weekend. Maybe Saturday the 26th? Let me know what everyone thinks. Also, what are the costs for dyno etc. ?