Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:38 AM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

speaking of stock wheels, Ben how much do you want for yours?
Old 01-31-2010, 02:42 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
speaking of stock wheels, Ben how much do you want for yours?
I dont think he has them cause I think he traded his car in with the nismo wheels
Old 01-31-2010, 07:01 PM
schm1147

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
I dont think he has them cause I think he traded his car in with the nismo wheels
Hey Guys...long time since I have said hi (FYI - I'm Doug for those of you that have forgot who I am based on my tag . I drive a Blue Z with some nismo body kit parts). I have been reading posts but too lazy to contribute. This is about the time of the year that I get really antsy to get out and drive.

I went outside to start up my car (try to do it at least every month but in this case I waited 3 months) and my battery was dead. So I bought a new XS Power battery (a deep cycle quick discharge battery) which should help with my audio system a bit.

Dave, Z days seems tempting. I am assumming from the posts that you have gone before?

Also, I actually have my stock wheels for my 2003 Z. It is for a touring so they are 17" rims...not sure if you would still be interested. It has been collecting dust for almost two years now.

And finally Ben...buddy...I didn't forget about you. Is it true that the toliet water spins the opposite direction over there . By my logic that happens anywhere they drive on the wrong side of the road.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by schm1147
Hey Guys...long time since I have said hi (FYI - I'm Doug for those of you that have forgot who I am based on my tag . I drive a Blue Z with some nismo body kit parts). I have been reading posts but too lazy to contribute. This is about the time of the year that I get really antsy to get out and drive.

I went outside to start up my car (try to do it at least every month but in this case I waited 3 months) and my battery was dead. So I bought a new XS Power battery (a deep cycle quick discharge battery) which should help with my audio system a bit.

Dave, Z days seems tempting. I am assumming from the posts that you have gone before?

Also, I actually have my stock wheels for my 2003 Z. It is for a touring so they are 17" rims...not sure if you would still be interested. It has been collecting dust for almost two years now.

And finally Ben...buddy...I didn't forget about you. Is it true that the toliet water spins the opposite direction over there . By my logic that happens anywhere they drive on the wrong side of the road.
if your car is in storage, let it sit, don't start it. All you are doing is introducing condensation into your motor. there is no reason to start it other than charging your battery.... which should be pulled or put on a tender during storage
Old 01-31-2010, 07:26 PM
schm1147

Originally Posted by Zivman
if your car is in storage, let it sit, don't start it. All you are doing is introducing condensation into your motor. there is no reason to start it other than charging your battery.... which should be pulled or put on a tender during storage
maybe that is what my car was trying to tell me with the battery going dead.

Thanks for the heads up. I will probably just keep the new battery inside until it is nice out then.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:44 PM
sportbiketed

He told me he still has the stockers at home.

I was kinda hoping for some 18' but what would you want for them?

Wait I thought the touring came with 18" wheels?

Are they the 6 or 7 spoke wheels?

Last edited by sportbiketed; 01-31-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:11 PM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by Zivman
Yes!!! Do not start your car while you are storing it. Like Aaron said use a battery tender if you have one or what I always do is take out the whole battery and leave it inside in the basement on top of a piece of small plywood.

Oh and btw WELCOME BACK DOUG!!! YOU SHOULD GO TO ZDAYZ WITH ME AND DAVE!!!

Last edited by silverbullet_Z; 01-31-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 AM
WannabeSS

Im gonna be driving my car to Pine City on the 13th lol Briefly taking it out of storage for a drive to get my friends car from his storage place so he can do some work on it at his house before spring.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:28 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered the new Nexus One phone! I got free next day delivery, so I should get it tomorrow, this thing is sweet
Old 02-01-2010, 08:18 PM
schm1147

Yes!!! Do not start your car while you are storing it. Like Aaron said use a battery tender if you have one or what I always do is take out the whole battery and leave it inside in the basement on top of a piece of small plywood.

Oh and btw WELCOME BACK DOUG!!! YOU SHOULD GO TO ZDAYZ WITH ME AND DAVE!!!
What are the dates on this event you call "ZDayz". Sounds fun if my motor is completely siezed up with rust for starting it ...LOL.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:30 PM
sportbiketed

What are the dates on this event you call "ZDayz". Sounds fun if my motor is completely siezed up with rust for starting it ...LOL.
http://www.zdayz.com/

update on wheels?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:46 PM
schm1147

He told me he still has the stockers at home.

I was kinda hoping for some 18' but what would you want for them?

Wait I thought the touring came with 18" wheels?

Are they the 6 or 7 spoke wheels?
Minnesota Chat Thread-side-skirts-mock-up-350z.jpg

Looks like they are 7 spoke. This is the only picture I have of them. In terms of a cost...I haven't done any research on what a fair price is yet. Ideas anyone. I remember a few chips and a little oxidation of something on them but if you are going to refurb them anyways it doesn't much matter.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:57 PM
schm1147

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
I just ordered the new Nexus One phone! I got free next day delivery, so I should get it tomorrow, this thing is sweet
I just made an impulse purchase today that I am excited about. I leave for Mexico on Saturday and I was at Best Buy shopping for movies for the plane ride and I tried on the new Bose QC 15 noise canceling headphones. Tried the demo, was blown away, and bought them sight on seen.

I can't believe how much noise they block...next time you guys are in Best Buy try out the demo. The highlight of my trip will be wearing these headphones and watching a movie on my new Netbook computer!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:59 PM
sportbiketed

Attachment 274686

Looks like they are 7 spoke. This is the only picture I have of them. In terms of a cost...I haven't done any research on what a fair price is yet. Ideas anyone. I remember a few chips and a little oxidation of something on them but if you are going to refurb them anyways it doesn't much matter.
damn i was hoping they where the 6 spoke wheels
Old 02-01-2010, 09:00 PM
sportbiketed

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
How much do you want for your wheels?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:55 PM
schm1147

damn i was hoping they where the 6 spoke wheels
I will sell them for $250 for all four. Here are a couple links selling new...so you can compare based on pricing.

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/...ek+Google+Base

http://www.finishlinewheels.com/NISSAN/350Z/2003/

Plus the cost of hand warmers if you expect me to pull them out of cold storage during the winter .
Old 02-02-2010, 12:21 AM
silverbullet_Z

Don't look out your window you're not going to like what you see.... Ok I'll just tell ya.. Got about 4-6 inches of snow and still coming down at 3am. Just got done snowblowing the driveway. The good news is, is that it is light and fluffy so not a back breaker if you dont have a snowblower or plow
Old 02-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Touring would be the 18" wheels.

Just checked. The toilet flushes too fast to tell. I'll get back to you on that.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:37 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Hey, Doug! Welcome back! I feel your pain about driving as we all do. Like the others said, leave the car alone and don't start it. I used to do that but not anymore. If it makes you feel better, bring the battery inside and store it in the basement on a block of wood.

Greg, I didn't think we got that much snow. I just shoveled my driveway and sidewalk and thought we only got 2 inches or so. Either way, it was a good workout for the first thing in the morning. Now for some breakfast.

BTW, toilets flush in the opposite direction ONLY in the Southern Hemisphere, i.e. south of the equator. Fun little fact.

As for Zdayz, Greg and I are the only ones planning on going SO FAR.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:42 AM
schm1147

Originally Posted by Spork
Touring would be the 18" wheels.

Just checked. The toilet flushes too fast to tell. I'll get back to you on that.
on the 2003 it is the 17" rims...and I'm pretty confident about that since it was one of my main reasons to get new rims. But I've been wrong before. The price goes up by a million dollars if they are 18" rims. HAHA.

By the way, the way to tell about the toilet is to drop something in it and flush...usaully that gives you a good line of sight of what direction the water flows .

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread