Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 06:26 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Nap over... Allergies still kicking my ***. I was in bed for 1.5 hours and probably slept for 30 minutes of it. I'm sneezing up a storm right now. I had to take some meds that make me sleepy, but I think I drank way too much coffee today.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:34 PM
WannabeSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting destroyed by something recently... sound like ****, stuffy nose, etc. Just brutal.

Got back, looked on the computer, then crashed the second my head hit the pillow. I was done. Woke up 2 hours later.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:41 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Maybe you have a sinus infection. Do you feel like no matter how much you drink, you're still thirsty?

I'm dehydrated like a ****. Could be all the coffee. Either way, I'm going to have to load up on water and get something to eat now. Probably end up taking another allergy tablet later.

But you know what? I had a blast today!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:07 PM
| 1cleanZ |

Sup Gentlemen...just wanted to say it was great seeing you all today. Def a great time!

Big shoutout to Dave for the help organizing everything. I think things went pretty well, especially for how tough it is to judge "timing" to really estimate a timeframe(esp if people get lost or hung up)

I'm off to bed though...after I got home I haven't sat down since. Parked the car in the garage to cool down the paint, mowed the lawn in the mean time, cleaned the pool, then went to the garage to completely detail the car....

Just got done eatin' and playing with the pup....time for bed.

Tomorrow I'll try and get a thread going for photos for us too for people to post up. I think almost half the G crew had cameras, and Nate(Chrysler 300) took a sh*t load of pics. Everything will be posted on MYG37.com in the MIDWEST REGION>>>CLICKY
Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by | 1cleanG |
Sup Gentlemen...just wanted to say it was great seeing you all today. Def a great time!

Big shoutout to Dave for the help organizing everything. I think things went pretty well, especially for how tough it is to judge "timing" to really estimate a timeframe(esp if people get lost or hung up)

I'm off to bed though...after I got home I haven't sat down since. Parked the car in the garage to cool down the paint, mowed the lawn in the mean time, cleaned the pool, then went to the garage to completely detail the car....

Just got done eatin' and playing with the pup....time for bed.

Tomorrow I'll try and get a thread going for photos for us too for people to post up. I think almost half the G crew had cameras, and Nate(Chrysler 300) took a sh*t load of pics. Everything will be posted on MYG37.com in the MIDWEST REGION>>>CLICKY
so let me see if I understand this correctly.... You have your pool open already? wtf is wrong with you? I won't have mine roll'n for a at least a couple weeks. maybe not even till june
Old 05-07-2011, 07:29 PM
| 1cleanZ |

Originally Posted by Zivman
so let me see if I understand this correctly.... You have your pool open already? wtf is wrong with you? I won't have mine roll'n for a at least a couple weeks. maybe not even till june
yeah, its an inground pool. I opened it up on Wednesday just by starting up the pump, getting the water cycling, water levels where they needed to be, and then shocked it. I open it up early enough so stuff doesn't start growing all over(already was turning green) ....avoids even more headaches of cleaning the warmer the weather gets. Plus this way i can put the solar cover on to use the sun as a heater rather then using the gas heater for when we want to use it.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by | 1cleanG |
yeah, its an inground pool. I opened it up on Wednesday just by starting up the pump, getting the water cycling, water levels where they needed to be, and then shocked it. I open it up early enough so stuff doesn't start growing all over(already was turning green) ....avoids even more headaches of cleaning the warmer the weather gets. Plus this way i can put the solar cover on to use the sun as a heater rather then using the gas heater for when we want to use it.
I haven't even called my pool guy yet.... yes I have a pool guy. He uses gas chlorine and my pool is ready to rock in about 2-3 days from the time I pull the cover off. My pool is about 17 yrs old.. 20x40' inground with a 9.5' deep end with diving board

Last yr we had some good weather in april, so I scheduled my opening in early may, but then the pool just sat.... the nights are still too cold to get any amount of heat out of a solar cover (well maybe if your pool is fairly small). Mine might raise a degree or two if the temps are constantly above 85, but when the nights are cool like this, only way it will get swim-able warm is with the heater..... and mine costs me about $100/day to run. I get about 18-20 degree warmup in a 24 hr period. I don't mind kicking it on, for the initial warm up, but not numerious times. last yr I think I heated it 3-4 times.... so 300-400 bucks, on top of the $50/month for just running the main pump.... then my pool guy's fee (which are actually less than what I would pay for chemical alone) ... Then there was the 3 grand for pool liner a few yrs ago. I need a new solar cover this yr, not to mention, it might be my last yr on my winter 'safety' cover. To go further; a mole or some rodent chewed up my pool light's wiring under the cement, so that is out of order till I decide to cut the cement or do some lateral digging and play electrician.

-> if you aren't getting the point yet, I hate my damn pool..... for all you out their thinking "hey, a pool would be nice" Don't do it. go over to your neighbor's and use theirs.

and to go on

And let's not forget maintaining the damn fence (100 bucks/yr in stain) or all the pool toys/furniture I need to pack/unpack and store each fall and spring.

my kid, wife, and inlaws use it... but I think I actually swam for 'fun' 3 times last yr. I guess for the 4.5 months the pool was usable, the 2500-3000 bucks I have into it on average doesn't seem too bad

Last edited by Zivman; 05-07-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:12 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Pics or
Old 05-07-2011, 08:23 PM
sportbiketed

"is that the dama lalli?“ - Nick
Old 05-07-2011, 08:43 PM
sportbiketed

Nick is a **** show.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:47 PM
WannabeSS

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Maybe you have a sinus infection. Do you feel like no matter how much you drink, you're still thirsty?

I'm dehydrated like a ****. Could be all the coffee. Either way, I'm going to have to load up on water and get something to eat now. Probably end up taking another allergy tablet later.

Originally Posted by Zivman
I haven't even called my pool guy yet.... yes I have a pool guy. He uses gas chlorine and my pool is ready to rock in about 2-3 days from the time I pull the cover off. My pool is about 17 yrs old.. 20x40' inground with a 9.5' deep end with diving board

Last yr we had some good weather in april, so I scheduled my opening in early may, but then the pool just sat.... the nights are still too cold to get any amount of heat out of a solar cover (well maybe if your pool is fairly small). Mine might raise a degree or two if the temps are constantly above 85, but when the nights are cool like this, only way it will get swim-able warm is with the heater..... and mine costs me about $100/day to run. I get about 18-20 degree warmup in a 24 hr period. I don't mind kicking it on, for the initial warm up, but not numerious times. last yr I think I heated it 3-4 times.... so 300-400 bucks, on top of the $50/month for just running the main pump.... then my pool guy's fee (which are actually less than what I would pay for chemical alone) ... Then there was the 3 grand for pool liner a few yrs ago. I need a new solar cover this yr, not to mention, it might be my last yr on my winter 'safety' cover. To go further; a mole or some rodent chewed up my pool light's wiring under the cement, so that is out of order till I decide to cut the cement or do some lateral digging and play electrician.

-> if you aren't getting the point yet, I hate my damn pool..... for all you out their thinking "hey, a pool would be nice" Don't do it. go over to your neighbor's and use theirs.

and to go on

And let's not forget maintaining the damn fence (100 bucks/yr in stain) or all the pool toys/furniture I need to pack/unpack and store each fall and spring.

my kid, wife, and inlaws use it... but I think I actually swam for 'fun' 3 times last yr. I guess for the 4.5 months the pool was usable, the 2500-3000 bucks I have into it on average doesn't seem too bad
Poor Aaron lol Pools are an expensive thing to own, that is for damn sure.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:20 AM
WannabeSS

Maybe thats what I have, I am really thirsty.

Also, last night right before I was gonna go to bed, i sneezed or coughed or something and all of a sudden blood started pouring from my nose. Royal PITA to stop that. I'v never had a nose bleed before..
Old 05-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi, Ben! You missed a great Spring meet!
I bet... :/ Miss you man.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Spork

Originally Posted by WannabeSS
Maybe thats what I have, I am really thirsty.

Also, last night right before I was gonna go to bed, i sneezed or coughed or something and all of a sudden blood started pouring from my nose. Royal PITA to stop that. I'v never had a nose bleed before..
Stop snorting cocaine, man.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:57 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Ben.... whazzup? Your avi gets me all the time. When will you stop by again?

So you guys with pools, why are we not having parties at your place?

Janik, better take advantage of your 'rents insurance and go see a doc about a possible sinus infection. Only way to get rid of that is with antibiotics.

Got up this morning at 0600 to watch F1. It was nice to have the basement all to myself for a while. Already made breakfast for Tara and the boys. Now I'm ready for the day as long as my allergies don't act up again.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Spork

Nothin... just enjoying Kyrgyzstan... I don't know, really. I'll try whenever I can, it's hard to give an estimate. Nice pics from the meet. I wanna see more pics.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:45 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

So you guys with pools, why are we not having parties at your place?
I dont know about you but I'm not into seeing a bunch of half naked men....

Now how about a meet at a beach like over on Lake Minnetonka or Lake Marion or somethin
Old 05-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ I was thinking yesterday; Z meet and cruise Minnetonka lakes and back roads soon...I know em all very well.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:45 PM
bonarsauce

How was last night Alex Nick and Travis? Happy bday btw Nick.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Sotomatic

Thanks I'm fuking tired. Got home about 2 hours ago and took a nap.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread