Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:45 PM
bonarsauce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
Shhh

Originally Posted by ezpotato
sell me the seats. with proper railings ^

also, bluevq, i'm still on the standard pulley. i'm nervous about making much more power on my car cause i just hit 99k yesterday. but the fact that i couldnt pull on a z with boltons with ease is really bothering me.. and that i lose mucho acceleration at 6k+ rpm.. i mean i know it's only about 80-100 whp more than a stock z/g, but still, it didnt feel like it at all. it still sounds awesome.

where do you get tuned? I called DB performance and will prob take my car to them later this month.
Not sure if my seat pans will be the same as the ones from the g but its worth it to look in to.

Originally Posted by blueVQ
Db has done all of mine. We've done a lot of figuring stuff out on my car. So they should know their way around it. Shane hates tuning the ss box but he does a good job and will get you a good safe tune... Have you watched your boost? Maybe belt slippage?.......par, It didnt really sound like anything was really happenin mayne! I didnt wanna drive an hour to show up late to what I thought was just gonna be a car or two.... So I put about two hundred miles on my bike...old harley dudes know some damn good roads and they like to drive. It was pretty awesome.
You've changed man..
Old 04-02-2012, 02:18 PM
ezpotato

yeah i just think i'm hitting as much boost as i should be. my stupid gauge is in bars, and i've had them unplugged for a while (i was in the process of rewiring some stuff, but never did). i'm also on the turboxs utec, and although lots of people arent a fan of it, i think it's fine for under 400hp. shane is the dude i talked to so i will see what happens.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:09 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

nice meeting all you guys today. it's nice to see performance enthusiasts.

i do need to get a retune after upgrading my injectors. i was not pulling on Dave the way I am supposed to at all. it was depressing
I have the police package in my car. You also had that fatass in the passenger seat.

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz
There's a pill for lacking performance LMAO
Erik, wish you were there man. It was a good time yesterday.

Originally Posted by bonarsauce
Travis where were you yesterday duder?

I am having a difficult time deciding wether to part out my car or try to sell it as is.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 PM
| 1cleanZ |

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
I have the police package in my car. You also had that fatass in the passenger seat.
whyyyyy I oughtttttta!!!! LoL!!!

Dave...sending you a PM for plans for Saturday riiiiight NOW!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In for Saturday afternoon
Old 04-02-2012, 07:21 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Saturday is going to rain...
Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 PM
ezpotato

meh too early to tell if it will rain. i will see on fri morning if it is supposed to rain... the weather people up here suck even more than dallas!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:04 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

meh too early to tell if it will rain. i will see on fri morning if it is supposed to rain... the weather people up here suck even more than dallas!
lol, I think we get all the rookie meteorologists here and once they have a bunch of exp. they find something else that's warmer and sunny 90% of the time

Well me and the stupidvisor got into it today at work. Let's just say some words were exchanged and he ended up kicking over a table and nearly hitting my coworkers. Lets see if he has a job tomorrow and me a promotion.

Last edited by silverbullet_Z; 04-03-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:14 AM
blueVQ

Im plannin on goin to cars and coffee... Who else? Also, when are we gonna do a big spring cruise!? We didnt do a whole lot last year and that aint cool. Pretty soon we're just gonna have AA style meetings and no one drives their car like the zoom club...haha
Old 04-03-2012, 04:10 AM
end of z world

HAH my Z is totally in that picture. Sorry its still all so new to me lol. That on ramp to 494 changed my life we were all mashin and not shifting at all, gr was like STOP..sweeheart that was the most selfish thing you coulda said. So I didn't and it was awesome. First cruise and I can't wait for ZdayZ. And I guess I'm in for cc Saturday. Probably even if it rains.. and can we do a name check here all these screen names got me forgettin who you are. Cept you Scott. That ones self explanatory. And you Par lol.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:06 AM
ezpotato

i'm emad, with the red g35.

and bluevq, we are headed to c and c in a big group. the g guys are going a little early, havent determined if i wanna go that early, but we are def cruising a little after and then getting some food! lance should be posting the details or something soon.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:43 AM
end of z world

Ya i heard some g's were goin at 7? Too early for me. But ya I'm in later. So its my birthday and I'm stuck in a sleep apnea center til 5 cuz my Damn body didn't apnea last night. Then straight to work. Woot
Old 04-03-2012, 07:19 AM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Parking is usually a ***** if you don't get there early.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:48 AM
end of z world

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
Dave suggested just parking on he street then we can leave whenever and not have to waste s quarter tank on parking
Old 04-03-2012, 09:40 AM
ScottmanZ

Originally Posted by end of z world
Dave suggested just parking on he street then we can leave whenever and not have to waste s quarter tank on parking
You could do that, but honestly it's not that bad leaving. You definitely do need to get there early to park down with the rest of the cars...that's half the fun of going imho. It can be a little slow exiting, depending on what time you decide to leave...but not really that bad. It's all over by late morning anyways.

Last edited by ScottmanZ; 04-03-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:18 PM
bonarsauce

Alright well as Greg requested I have a parts list here just to gauge some interest, Alex has already been hounding me for some stuff so the osiris tuner is gone but here goes.

Os Giken LSD with output shafts 1000
Nismo finned diff cover 100
Hotchkis sways(brand new) 300
Bc racing coils (used about 4k miles) 750
spc rear camber arms 90
Borla exhaust (dent in muffler) 400
fleabay resonated test pipes 40
Jwt popcharger 75
Kinetix v++ upper plenum 170
Motordyne mrev2 250
Godspeed engine torque dampner 30
Nex front and rear bbk 2300
sparco evo2 seats sliders and seat pans 900
Blox 490 brushed shift **** 40
Wheels 600 (just replaced the front tires)
2 19 inch nitto 265/35 555 tires 100
mishimoto cooling plate 50
Nismo v2 front bumper 300

I will likely leave the jwt clutch and flyhweel in there as well as the extended lugs and wheel spacers because it will be a sob to get out.

As far as the audio **** goes I will probably keep it all but If someone wants the door pods I can throw them in if you wanna buy something else!

The engine grounding kit I will likely keep and put into whatever z car I plan to get after I get a good price on an rb26 or find one already swapped into a car.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have been PM'd Sir
Old 04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
| 1cleanZ |

HAH my Z is totally in that picture. Sorry its still all so new to me lol. That on ramp to 494 changed my life we were all mashin and not shifting at all, gr was like STOP..sweeheart that was the most selfish thing you coulda said. So I didn't and it was awesome. First cruise and I can't wait for ZdayZ. And I guess I'm in for cc Saturday. Probably even if it rains.. and can we do a name check here all these screen names got me forgettin who you are. Cept you Scott. That ones self explanatory. And you Par lol.
If you are 100% going to ZdayZ as you continue to talk about, I suggest you actually register for the event. I don't see you on the list of the 349 people that have registered.

i'm emad, with the red g35.

and bluevq, we are headed to c and c in a big group. the g guys are going a little early, havent determined if i wanna go that early, but we are def cruising a little after and then getting some food! lance should be posting the details or something soon.
details have been PM'd to Dave and in the works. As for you getting up that early, I think your wife is calling the shots on that one ya big woman!

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
That's correct. I already spoke to Luis about parking, we have a full lane reserved for the "japanese" section. We are rolling in at 7:45.

....have fun with that

Originally Posted by ScottmanZ
You could do that, but honestly it's not that bad leaving. You definitely do need to get there early to park down with the rest of the cars...that's half the fun of going imho. It can be a little slow exiting, depending on what time you decide to leave...but not really that bad. It's all over by late morning anyways.
Correct! ^^^ couldn't agree more. Everyone leaves by 11-11:30 anyways. We plan to pull out between 10 and 10:30.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:42 PM
| 1cleanZ |

Par, what size/offsets are your wheels? I need some track wheels
Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Why would you buy heavy 19" wheels with shitty offsets for the track? They are good for the street but not the track.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread