Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 03:40 AM
blueVQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cruise? meet up?
Old 05-13-2012, 05:06 AM
end of z world

Originally Posted by blueVQ
cruise? meet up?
When where
Old 05-13-2012, 06:37 AM
Mrcunninghamz

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
I will be out there this Thursday at 12
Any time on a weekend? Booked solid during the week with work .

Anything you can tell me about your setup and your skill level? I'm definately a novice... only got 2 drift days under my belt. Back in FL they had sunday slides in Desoto Speedway which was about 4 hours south of where I lived. There was a track closer but they had thursday evening test and tunes... Couldn't make those because of work.

Since I moved here, over the winter and rainy evenings I practiced after work behind my office. We have a warehouse shaped like a U converted into offices and the back area was nice to practice.

I saw some video of the track here. I don't think I could go around those banks just yet... VLSD is kind of inconsistent to work with and half the time I'm dragging a wheel. 350z is a great platform but for a newbie I really feel like I should be practicing on a much cheaper car.

Anyway... I'm really only available on the weekends.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:39 AM
Mrcunninghamz

cruise? meet up?
I'm down for one today. Dropping my GF off at work around 10am and after that I have no plans. I'll PM you my number... give me a place/time and i can meet up for sure.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:54 AM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrcunninghamz
Any time on a weekend? Booked solid during the week with work .

Anything you can tell me about your setup and your skill level? I'm definately a novice... only got 2 drift days under my belt. Back in FL they had sunday slides in Desoto Speedway which was about 4 hours south of where I lived. There was a track closer but they had thursday evening test and tunes... Couldn't make those because of work.

Since I moved here, over the winter and rainy evenings I practiced after work behind my office. We have a warehouse shaped like a U converted into offices and the back area was nice to practice.

I saw some video of the track here. I don't think I could go around those banks just yet... VLSD is kind of inconsistent to work with and half the time I'm dragging a wheel. 350z is a great platform but for a newbie I really feel like I should be practicing on a much cheaper car.

Anyway... I'm really only available on the weekends.
Its only thursdays. This is my second year drifiting so I'm still in the learning process. My set up basically consist of intake, exhaust, coilovers and some weight reduction. The stock vlsd isn't ideal but it gets the job done, as for the banks just make sure you have a 40+mph entry speed and you are golden.

I will have some GoPro vids from last thursday posted as soon as you tube stops being gay.

Here's my shittiest run:
http://youtu.be/YcmOCxI2sOU
I was having issues with traction on my front tires from overheating them with back to back runs.

Last edited by sportbiketed; 05-13-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:50 AM
ezpotato

nice man! looks like fun. wish i could get myself to try drifting. I'll stick to autox and road courses for now.

i may be down today later in the afternoon. i'm travelling all week, so i gotta do some time at home but it's too nice of a day to let it go to waste
Old 05-13-2012, 07:58 AM
end of z world

Just finoshed full detail, takin a dump, mothersday get totether at 1130 and I'm free after
Old 05-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Mrcunninghamz

Its only thursdays. This is my second year drifiting so I'm still in the learning process. My set up basically consist of intake, exhaust, coilovers and some weight reduction. The stock vlsd isn't ideal but it gets the job done, as for the banks just make sure you have a 40+mph entry speed and you are golden.

I will have some GoPro vids from last thursday posted as soon as you tube stops being gay.

Here's my shittiest run:
http://youtu.be/YcmOCxI2sOU
I was having issues with traction on my front tires from overheating them with back to back runs.

Ahh, thats not bad! The banks looked so much bigger in the video I was watching... Desoto had HUGE banks that you have to enter at around 90 mph... and no space for error because its just a wall at the end of the track. There was an in-field that I just hung around in that is a little smaller than the track here.

I'd def have to come out sometime, take a thursday off and buy an extra set of wheels and slap on some practice rubber to burn. How do you haul your stuff to the track? Got a buddy with a truck?

And you are the guy with the blue Z with the NOS decal. Should have def stopped and talk to you at that event I saw you at.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Mrcunninghamz

Originally Posted by end of z world
Just finoshed full detail, takin a dump, mothersday get totether at 1130 and I'm free after
I'm free til 5pm. Just drove around the lakes this morning... can't ask for a better morning. Hit 35W for a little bit of spirited driving... my rear tires are really starting to bald out, they slip so much now going around bumpy corners.

Gonna get a new set of falkins this week.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:34 AM
end of z world

I'm free til 5pm. Just drove around the lakes this morning... can't ask for a better morning. Hit 35W for a little bit of spirited driving... my rear tires are really starting to bald out, they slip so much now going around bumpy corners.

Gonna get a new set of falkins this week.
Ive heard all the falkens aren't too good so look into it, I got two yoko ad08's and I love them. My problem was my rear tire dimensions not many companys made my size that I liked. My choices were yoko or michillen super sport or super sport 2. 1000 for two cuz they didn't have any ss1. Yoko was 750. Great corners. Love these sidewalls.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:42 AM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Ahh, thats not bad! The banks looked so much bigger in the video I was watching... Desoto had HUGE banks that you have to enter at around 90 mph... and no space for error because its just a wall at the end of the track. There was an in-field that I just hung around in that is a little smaller than the track here.

I'd def have to come out sometime, take a thursday off and buy an extra set of wheels and slap on some practice rubber to burn. How do you haul your stuff to the track? Got a buddy with a truck?

And you are the guy with the blue Z with the NOS decal. Should have def stopped and talk to you at that event I saw you at.
My Z is gutted so I just put everything in the trunk:

Name:  cbee06e6953511e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  76.1 KB

Yeah I'm a NOS Rep so you will see me and my car at a lot of local events, stop by and say high next time.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:45 AM
blueVQ

ive got the falken fk 452 and the falken azeni's with the goofy zig zag tread, both work pretty damn good out on the road course.. just gotta get them nice and warm though. im in to meet up somewhere around 3 or 4. how does that work for people? is dave around?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Mrcunninghamz

ive got the falken fk 452 and the falken azeni's with the goofy zig zag tread, both work pretty damn good out on the road course.. just gotta get them nice and warm though. im in to meet up somewhere around 3 or 4. how does that work for people? is dave around?
I'm good for 3. Post the place and ill see you there.

Also. I've had falkens before and they were great, running on expensive Michelin pilot as sport. They aren't bad but id rather not pay 500 for 2 tires ill kill in 6 months.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Mrcunninghamz

My Z is gutted so I just put everything in the trunk:

Yeah I'm a NOS Rep so you will see me and my car at a lot of local events, stop by and say high next time.
Yeah I will def have to say hi next time I see you out. Im jealous to see things can fit in your trunk! Give me time, ill be out there on the track with you. Show me a thing or two.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:56 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm down for a cruise
Old 05-13-2012, 09:57 AM
jstar809

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be down for today; except that I've my graduation at 4pm so only the night time would work for me like 7 or 8pm.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:07 AM
blueVQ

anyone know of a cool place to drive around a little and eat? im from way out west so the places i know are waaay the f out. i could go for some chipotle or five guys or just some random *** bar food, or we could do hooters
Old 05-13-2012, 10:21 AM
end of z world

Down for afternoon or evening regardless ill be waiting for final post
Old 05-13-2012, 10:32 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

How about we meet somewhere in Minnetonka??
Old 05-13-2012, 11:03 AM
end of z world

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
How about we meet somewhere in Minnetonka??
Legit. Somewhere by 494 and 7?

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread