Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Jackstand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sw150
Here was my big gift. Last year I got a supercharger this year I got a new ******* line.
Damn i wish i would have know that you needed help! I put in the sewer and water mains and i could have done that for almost free! Sry to hear about that but if anything comes up like this in the future please feel free to let me know and id be more than willing to help.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:12 AM
WannabeSS

lol what a thoughtful gift steve! Your wife was sick of you clogging up the old sewer line after Perkins
Old 01-01-2009, 06:15 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Steve, steve, steve.... I was so close to your house. You should have told me your addy the first time we talked. Dammit!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:18 PM
sw150

I know Dave. I told Andrea that you guys drove right buy our house. She was like they should of stopped by.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:48 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Man, my PC is uber infected. I'm running a scan in safe mode to try and clean it up. I spent hours on it the past couple of days trying to delete all kinds of files and stuff, so this is my last chance to fix the PC.

I'm computer illiterate when it comes to details like that. I can use computers and some applications, but when it comes to recognizing commands or computer language I'm a dope.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Man, my PC is uber infected. I'm running a scan in safe mode to try and clean it up. I spent hours on it the past couple of days trying to delete all kinds of files and stuff, so this is my last chance to fix the PC.

I'm computer illiterate when it comes to details like that. I can use computers and some applications, but when it comes to recognizing commands or computer language I'm a dope.
download malwarebytes from download.com. Run that, if that doesn't fix it, you are in need of more help
Old 01-04-2009, 12:15 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Got the malwarebytes before your suggestion and got it to work in safe mode. I also used McAfee and AVG just to make sure I got it all covered. Found over 30 trojans...

Looks like I'm free and clear. It's my fault that I don't check the system more often and was taking a chance that I wouldn't get infected.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:09 PM
andrew350z

Dave- 1. stop downloading so much ****! ;-) 2. be more up to date on the virus software or 3. buy a mac and never have a virus ever
Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by andrew350z
Dave- 1. stop downloading so much ****! ;-) 2. be more up to date on the virus software or 3. buy a mac and never have a virus ever
1. ok, no more ****
2. learn more about AV programs
3. never buy a mac
4. kill all hackers
Old 01-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Vroompsst

Um..hi, i'm Paul.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:25 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroompsst
Um..hi, i'm Paul.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:53 PM
gthompson097

Superantispyware is a great one too, it's always up to date. I just did a scan on a friends computer last week that found 14 trojans and 1376 infected files. Cleaned them out and it runs like new. Also if you are paying for an antivirus or pc security, I always suggest Eset SmartSecurity or Eset NOD32 Antivirus. It's a very integrated program, but it runs lightly as to not bog down your system like Norton/McAfee.

Got the malwarebytes before your suggestion and got it to work in safe mode. I also used McAfee and AVG just to make sure I got it all covered. Found over 30 trojans....
You shouldn't use more than one antivirus when scanning a computer, some of them think the other one is a virus and tries to remove/disinfect it and weird **** can happen, registry files get messy and all that good jazz. If you're going to go with one antivirus, stick with it and use that one only.

Garrett <---- Been fighting malware and cleaning computers for years

Last edited by gthompson097; 01-04-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:34 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Um..hi, i'm Paul.
Hi, Paul. I'm Dave.
Originally Posted by gthompson097
Superantispyware is a great one too, it's always up to date. I just did a scan on a friends computer last week that found 14 trojans and 1376 infected files. Cleaned them out and it runs like new. Also if you are paying for an antivirus or pc security, I always suggest Eset SmartSecurity or Eset NOD32 Antivirus. It's a very integrated program, but it runs lightly as to not bog down your system like Norton/McAfee.

You shouldn't use more than one antivirus when scanning a computer, some of them think the other one is a virus and tries to remove/disinfect it and weird **** can happen, registry files get messy and all that good jazz. If you're going to go with one antivirus, stick with it and use that one only.

Garrett <---- Been fighting malware and cleaning computers for years
Hmm... didn't know about that. Kinda lame that they think other programs are possible viruses. Guess I could get rid of McAfee. Isn't the Malware program just a scanner? I don't think it acts like a firewall or defender. AVG is cool because it seems to have a lot of options.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by andrew350z
3. buy a mac and never have a virus ever
Do they still require a sex change in order to be a mac owner?

Macs suck the big hairy donkey d!ck
Old 01-04-2009, 06:08 PM
gthompson097

Hmm... didn't know about that. Kinda lame that they think other programs are possible viruses. Guess I could get rid of McAfee. Isn't the Malware program just a scanner? I don't think it acts like a firewall or defender. AVG is cool because it seems to have a lot of options.
The malware program can be used as just a scanner, but it can also be an active part of the system, depending on how you set it up, or that's how SuperAntiSpyware works anyways. I personally use it as just a scanner because I have a fully security suite installed, but if you have just an antivirus, you can also have the malware active as well.

The reason for not running two antivirus systems is because antivirus's look for suspicious activity within the computer system. When you have two different systems running, they're both looking for malware/virus programs trying to access system folders and the like, and if they're both trying to protect the same thing, each thinks the other is a virus/malware. If you have AVG, I'd stick with that one, I'm not a fan of the more popular ones you have to pay for, McAfee/Norton/Trend Micro/etc.

Last edited by gthompson097; 01-04-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Vroompsst

Originally Posted by Zivman

Ever use one? I get auto-clam if a girl sees my macbook. :] not to mention no virus...evar!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:35 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Zivman

Originally Posted by gthompson097
If you have AVG, I'd stick with that one, I'm not a fan of the more popular ones you have to pay for, McAfee/Norton/Trend Micro/etc.
My mcafee subscription expired a long time ago. Every now and then, it will block something or prompt me about a program wanting access. You think I should remove the program completely?

Ever use one? I get auto-clam if a girl sees my macbook. :] not to mention no virus...evar!
What is auto-clam?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Zivman

Dave, I am guessing auto-clam = automatically gets the clam

Yes, I have used macs.... and they are for girls and people that don't know how to use a computer. They confine the user to a small box with unintuitive controls/functions

edit:
the reason for no viruses -> nobody uses macs (relatively speaking)
Old 01-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Zivman

Hey, I take back everything I said about macs. Here is one I will be buying when they hit the market.

macbook wheel
Old 01-06-2009, 06:25 PM
WannabeSS

^that would take so long to type, like a paper. it would be kinda like text messaging.

Not to mention the fact that apple will probably charge like 3grand for it.

Finally found a guy that might sell me his 07 350z y pipe!

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread