Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 02:54 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys I visited Minneapolis (and surrounding areas) two weeks ago. You guys have a very cool city and I actually like the vibe I get from the people. I will be driving up there with my family on the 23rd of May to our home in Eagan. So I hope I get to see you guys at some car meets!

Oh and I love the food there! I went to Gyropolis (I forgot where), a sushi joint Edina (nice place with really good fish!) and Freddys burgers!

First impressions is that I like it better than Ohio, but most people in Minneapolis said, "wait till winter to see if you love it here!" ha!
Old 04-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
Hey guys I visited Minneapolis (and surrounding areas) two weeks ago. You guys have a very cool city and I actually like the vibe I get from the people. I will be driving up there with my family on the 23rd of May to our home in Eagan. So I hope I get to see you guys at some car meets!

Oh and I love the food there! I went to Gyropolis (I forgot where), a sushi joint Edina (nice place with really good fish!) and Freddys burgers!

First impressions is that I like it better than Ohio, but most people in Minneapolis said, "wait till winter to see if you love it here!" ha!
86th and PENN is Gyro...You prob hit Osaka dep on where you were in Edina for sushi...and yes ppl are legit as **** here and down to earth for the most part, very different than other places lived and traveled to. I always end up back here regardless....itll be nice to have ya up here bradah
Old 04-30-2015, 04:50 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by CJohnson
Oh wow, I phrased my last question horribly haha. I'm not worried about installing the bolt on parts, (I've seen a few videos on YouTube and such), I was just concerned about finding a good tune using UpRev for those mods after the install. Thank you guys for your quick responses and input
I think DB is booked until June. I think they do UpRev tunes.

Eagan is only 5 minutes from me depending on where you're living. You'll be here in time for the June C&C meet!

I'm glad you liked your visit. It's not that bad, even though I hate winters and the seasons.

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz
86th and PENN is Gyro...You prob hit Osaka dep on where you were in Edina for sushi...and yes ppl are legit as **** here and down to earth for the most part, very different than other places lived and traveled to. I always end up back here regardless....itll be nice to have ya up here bradah
I must like it here since I've lived here the longest.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:16 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Well, Osseo Gun Club is probably out. Sounds like a nice range, but after taxes it's like $20 per lane. I'm thinking of finding an outdoor range anyway. If anyone lives near one, post it up.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:59 PM
Scuba13

Oh wow, I phrased my last question horribly haha. I'm not worried about installing the bolt on parts, (I've seen a few videos on YouTube and such), I was just concerned about finding a good tune using UpRev for those mods after the install. Thank you guys for your quick responses and input
That's pretty much what I assumed. But I was bored as **** at work and wanted to do something. Like has been mentioned I've seen people on the Facebook page post about DB doing tunes. But of course this is the busy season.

Also, the range in osseo is nice, but no rapid fire, and they have a R.O. constantly walking the firing line and all that jazz (not really a bad thing of course.) But it kinda kills the fun. Plus its only 25 yards. .

And I'm planning on cruising down to C&C, but I think I stock looking Z might ruin your vibe
Old 05-01-2015, 03:38 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I wouldn't worry about the stock look. Plenty of stock cars there of all types.

I don't like ranges like that. I agree that it kills the fun.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:49 AM
jstar809

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed, especially Audi section usually has stock cars......but owners don't even take the time to wash them down. Annoying to me if you can't wipe down your ride one day of the month.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:53 AM
jstar809

a sushi joint Edina
Sakura in Saint Paul is one of the best (privately owned by a Japanese family)......other chains taste like cafeteria food to me i.m.o.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:46 AM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

86th and PENN is Gyro...
You mean 90th and Penn, they're in the old BOSA Donuts building.

People still use clay bars? Jesus haha. I work in a detail department, and we all use clay mitts to decontaminate our cars. I'm new to the forum btw. I bought a babied 03 350z touring with 49,000 miles last summer, and only use it in the summer. I've added a Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust so far, and plan on buying a 5/16" Motordyne Plenum Spacer, JWT PopCharger, Berk Test Pipes, and OSIRIS Tuner. Anyways I was wondering if you guys had any tune work done anywhere. Would RS Motors or Full Blown be viable options? Thanks in advance for your input guys

Welcome guys, see ya at some of the meets.

Last edited by SR71; 05-02-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Scuba13

Originally Posted by jstar809
Sakura in Saint Paul is one of the best (privately owned by a Japanese family)......other chains taste like cafeteria food to me i.m.o.
But Americanized Asian food is the best! All that butter and grease
Old 05-02-2015, 12:59 PM
BornSlippyZ

Thanks dude!
Originally Posted by SmoothZ

Eagan is only 5 minutes from me depending on where you're living. You'll be here in time for the June C&C meet!

I'm glad you liked your visit. It's not that bad, even though I hate winters and the seasons.

I must like it here since I've lived here the longest.
Sweet I will take my son with me for that meet.
Dude I will try that out! I might have to do carry out since I would have to find a sitter to enjoy the sushi bar.
Originally Posted by SR71
You mean 90th and Penn, they're in the old BOSA Donuts building.

Welcome guys, see ya at some of the meets.
Thanks!

I dreams about those Gyro's, the spicy one is da bomb!
Old 05-02-2015, 01:10 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

agreed, especially Audi section usually has stock cars......but owners don't even take the time to wash them down. Annoying to me if you can't wipe down your ride one day of the month.

I'm not as thrilled about C&C when they let in stock cars or dirty cars. I saw a whole section of riced out drifters with a bunch of teen Asians. I shook my head and wondered why I didn't get to go in with my super clean Z.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:45 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

That sucks you couldn't get in Dave. They should have a prerequisite that the car must be cleaned/washed as a min, I mean it is a car show so that really shouldn't be an issue. They should also put all those clapped out drift cars and any car "under construction/project cars" in an area just out side the gates like in the grassy area as you come in.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:59 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Yeah, with the way things seem to be there, I'm not sure I want to get up that early or park my Z inside. I'll probably start taking the van and bring my kids and adult friends that want to come with.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:24 AM
jstar809

Originally Posted by Scuba13
But Americanized Asian food is the best! All that butter and grease
Hahaha not sure about that, has anyone made a bacon roll, really surprised I haven't seen that on a menu.

Yeah, with the way things seem to be there, I'm not sure I want to get up that early or park my Z inside. I'll probably start taking the van and bring my kids and adult friends that want to come with.
Boooo....
Old 05-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Scuba13

I'm not as thrilled about C&C when they let in stock cars or dirty cars. I saw a whole section of riced out drifters with a bunch of teen Asians. I shook my head and wondered why I didn't get to go in with my super clean Z.
Saw your Z there btw, it was indeed looking super clean. Also, was that area you were parked in just general parking? It's really fun to see all those cars I'll never own, but Boost for boobies was pretty damn cool to go to as well. Go figure the first car on the dyno when I got there was a silver 04 350z

Last edited by Scuba13; 05-04-2015 at 12:17 PM. Reason: im going to try and re write a legible post when im not hungover. this **** makes no sense
Old 05-05-2015, 03:42 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Jotham, they made me park there because the lot was full. However, there were some crappy wannabe drift cars surrounded by some Asian teens who were total posers. SMH
Old 05-06-2015, 04:02 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Only 28k miles... probably needs a new engine.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...010762747.html
Old 05-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Well, Wilwoods ~$1600 taking precedence over parachute setup, however, in research I finalized that I can teach the TA how to turn! ~$2700 ��

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bm...model/firebird

Mo money mo probs...oh yeah plus those RsO55Rs Im still awaiting WTF
Old 05-09-2015, 04:49 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, Wilwoods ~$1600 taking precedence over parachute setup, however, in research I finalized that I can teach the TA how to turn! ~$2700 ��

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bm...model/firebird

Mo money mo probs...oh yeah plus those RsO55Rs Im still awaiting WTF
I thought parts were supposed to be cheap for GM cars?

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread