Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Thursday Night Chicago Z Meet - September 18th

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 04:18 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran into a Z owner at Starbucks in Schaumburg this morning. I invited him to come by the meet. He had the AEM exhaust, which sounds pretty awesome.

Also, there is a Daytona Blue parked in an office lot on Golf Rd. between Arlington Heights Rd and Algonquin in A.H. everyday. Are you on here? I was going to leave a note on the windshield about the meet, but didn't want to mess with your car.

I'm seeing Z's everywhere now! Three of them in an hour around Schaumburg.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:51 AM
sschmuve

See ya'll there tonight.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:07 AM
kernel

Originally posted by perfectlyfrank
I ran into a Z owner at Starbucks in Schaumburg this morning. I invited him to come by the meet. He had the AEM exhaust, which sounds pretty awesome.

Also, there is a Daytona Blue parked in an office lot on Golf Rd. between Arlington Heights Rd and Algonquin in A.H. everyday. Are you on here? I was going to leave a note on the windshield about the meet, but didn't want to mess with your car.

I'm seeing Z's everywhere now! Three of them in an hour around Schaumburg.

No **** right, that was the number one driving force for me getting a body kit, i'm tired of just having another silver Z. its sad when you have like 2-3 of them on your block, its even worse when you go to woodfield and see 3-5 on your way around the parking lot. i mean i know its a popular car but man its just getting bad, corse 35,000 cars sold in a year isn't a small number. good for nissan. even better for after market body kit makers.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:47 AM
KONVERTER

I have seen 3 z's since i have been in chiacgo...

1 is a friend of mines who is dating my production partner... and the 2 others were a silver stone / and a lss
Old 09-19-2003, 06:30 AM
VR3

It was great meeting everyone! We had a good turnout with about 10-15 350z at one point I think. Wish I took a couple pics but it's getting dark early now . Looking forward to future meets.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:31 AM
sschmuve

Sorry I couldn't make it...My 15 minute Best Buy stop turned into a 1 hour HDTV purchase. I look forward to meeting everyone at the next meet.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:02 PM
three2seven

Yeah drove by late that night but i think everyone left already
looking forward to the next one, think Dave and Busters sounds
good.....if thats a go lets plan it quickly, for the lemont sunset
at artimes nice ride hope to see you at the next meet
Old 09-20-2003, 08:55 AM
Redline350Z

What time did you drive by? EnthuZ, PerfectlyFrank and I were the last ones to leave, and that was a few minutes before midnight.

I'll post again later today with info on the Windy City Z Club's October show and the track day at Putnam Park at the end of October that I mentioned to several of you guys while we were chatting in the parking lot. I'll be at both events, so feel free to send me a PM if you have questions (although I tend to be over at the Frenzy most of the time, I do check here occasionally).

EnthuZ has the details about the track event at Road America next weekend. If you're looking for an excuse to take a road trip or want to take some touring laps on the track, shoot him a PM.

Kernel - here's the thread I mentioned to you about the step-by step restoration of the rear quarter on a daytona blue Z:
Daytona Blue repair thread

Well, I'm off to find some of those rare 17" 6MT touring model wheels, then slap a coat of turtle wax on the Z.

See you guys at the next 350Z-only meet, and hopefully at the Windy City Z Club events too.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:14 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dax, PLEASE educate us:

"Well, I'm off to find some of those rare 17" 6MT touring model wheels, then slap a coat of turtle wax on the Z. "

Very nice turn-out! A BIG "THANK YOU" to Frank for making it happen!

Sorry I couldn't make it earlier.

For those that took pics, PLEASE post!

As Dax said, let me know if anyone is going to Road America next weekend. PM me, post here, call, send pigeons........nah, not that!!
Old 09-20-2003, 06:32 PM
shimz350z

it was a pleasure to see the fairladies finally together=)...unfortunately i had to go downtown to help a friend with his production. will be looking foward to the next one...this time lets drive around as well....we should ride somewhere together do a "the RUN" chicago style=)...take it easy. cy
Old 09-21-2003, 07:31 AM
Redline350Z

Unfortunately the pics didn't work because it was too dark for my digital camera to capture anything from more than four feet away. Maybe if we had all cleaned our wheels there would be enough light reflected to take a picture...

Bruce, are you looking for education on the secret handshake required to get the 17" wheels on the Touring model with a manual transmission, or are you looking for tips on proper turtle wax application for maximum *bling*? (Of course you know I was kidding about the turtle wax... they don't use such high quality products at the gas station car wash I use. I bet the spinning brushes would buff it to a nice shine though.)
Old 09-21-2003, 09:39 AM
shimz350z

lol...remember reddy=) they weren't chrome lol.....polished lip for bruce and silver for kato=) and yes teach me the 19" handshake as well

is that you?...when i saw you cruizen past woodfeild at a light, the day of the meet?
Old 09-21-2003, 12:12 PM
kopo

nah, that was me
Old 09-21-2003, 03:12 PM
Redline350Z

Hey Adam, did you get the Borla installed yesterday? Since you've got the only other Redline Z in Illinois, I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing all of the other changes you make to your car.
Old 09-21-2003, 03:17 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D A M N, Dax beat me to it. Adam, I was unimpressed with the Borla install you brought to the meet. Have you gotten it PROPERLY installed yet? See you at RA?
Old 10-11-2003, 04:28 PM
kopo

Sorry it took me forever to reply, but yes the borla is on. Its been about 1k miles and sounds really good. It is louder than stock but not too loud. I had some troubles with it at first because there were a few leaks here and there and I had that ticking noise that everyone w/ borla talks about coming from the H-pipe. I took it to a muffler shop and they took the H-pipe apart and put some muffler cement in. Now it sounds good. Dax, we can meet up sometime if you want to hear it, just let me know. I dont think you live too far away from me. Im getting some more stuff for the Z before the winter, check sig. ttyl