Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Tuners/wheel stockists Minneapolis area

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 AM
boomer816

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuners/wheel stockists Minneapolis area

Hi all a UK member here. Im goign to be in Minneapolis in 2 weeks time. Was hoping to get to a few tuner or wheel shops while im out there. Any idea of any good ones, wanted to have a look at some Volks before i buy as in the UK we tend to buy them to order.

Any help would be good

thanks
Old 06-03-2009, 09:31 AM
beezee

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Could you explain a little further?. Do you want a place where you could actually see a Volk or you want a place where you can order them from?.
There are a lot of guys here that can help especially if you enter the Minnesota chat thread.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:52 AM
boomer816

Well it would be good to see them in a shop or something, the problem here is thay are all brought to order,, so unless you know someone with them your unlikely to get to see them before handing over the money, and and near $3k big gamble if your unsure which you want. If i can get a good enough deal i will buy New to this site so didnt know there were regional pages etc sorry
Old 06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
beezee

Just enter "Minnesota" in the advanced search and select "search titles only".
A lot of nice guys. I have not met them but have been reading from the thread. Somenone would surely have Volks and would be willing to arrange so you see them. I could not afford those( I wanted them badly) so I settled for some Ruff 280 in 19s. The ride is not as "rough" as the name sounds (haha) and so far I love them. I have relatives and friends in London and would be visiting next summer. Hei, I might spot your Volked Z.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:12 PM
boomer816

Hehe i cant 100% afford them, but hey I only plan on doing a few mods, and wheels is one of the most notable mods you can to change the look etc. Was hoping there may be some traders in the area so can go and have a look at a few different styles, not just volks. I asked my brother in law about it and i think hes planning on taking me to some Ford tuning places, not what i had in mind.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by boomer816
Hehe i cant 100% afford them, but hey I only plan on doing a few mods, and wheels is one of the most notable mods you can to change the look etc. Was hoping there may be some traders in the area so can go and have a look at a few different styles, not just volks. I asked my brother in law about it and i think hes planning on taking me to some Ford tuning places, not what i had in mind.
There are nice cars in MN, but few and far between. The tuner scene here is very weak compared to, say, Chicago. We have a few nice shops, but nothing really Z specfic. DB performance in Rogers, RS motors in Savage/Burnsville area, Full Blown in Bloomington, Elite Autosports in Blaine, and MAP in Plymouth are the most notable tuner shops IMHO.

If you are looking for a place that stocks wheels, you are basically SOL if you want to see Volks... and more specifically volks in Z fitments. Most shops will drop ship from other, larger vendors. Just too costly for almost any shop to stock, especially shops in this area.

I don't want to kill your enthusiasm, but the twin cities are lack luster when it comes to decent tuner cars.... I say that as the evo on the cover of Modified mag this month is a MN boy, along with an IS300 that is featured in the Mag. If you can make it down to Cottage Grove (about 20 miles from MPLS) I can take you for a spin in my Z

Last edited by Zivman; 06-03-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 AM
boomer816

Im staying in ISANTI, quite a small place from what ive been told, but should be travelling round quite a bit so will let u know. My cars a 04 gunmetal GT witht eh 18" Rays and a motordyne spacer and the Mines front lip. Pretty standard other than that
Old 06-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by boomer816
Im staying in ISANTI, quite a small place from what ive been told, but should be travelling round quite a bit so will let u know. My cars a 04 gunmetal GT witht eh 18" Rays and a motordyne spacer and the Mines front lip. Pretty standard other than that
Isanti is kind of out of the 'loop'. 20-25 miles from the northern suburbs. 60 miles from my area.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:12 AM
beezee

Originally Posted by Zivman
Isanti is kind of out of the 'loop'. 20-25 miles from the northern suburbs. 60 miles from my area.
I am in Andover (Northwest Suburb). Must be a lot closer
Old 06-05-2009, 06:05 AM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

boomer the closest shop to isanti is elite autosports in blaine
Old 06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
boomer816

Blaine thanks for that i will check it out. Yeah ive heard its quite a small town, wasnt really expecting to see many Japanese sports cars there at all. My brother in law has a Taho, more practical than the zed i guess.